Thread: Sunday Ticket and Streaming Options

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Sunday Ticket and Streaming Options

So there seems to be some sort of interest by ESPN+ in getting Sunday Ticket from DirecTV when the DirectTV contract expires.

Amazon Prime will get Thursday Night Games

CBS and Paramount+ gets AFC

ABC/Disney ESPN+ gets MNF and an international series game?

NBC and Peacock gets SNF

FOX and Tubi (not Tube but Tubi) gets NFC

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/nfl-...-with-directv/

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: Sunday Ticket and Streaming Options

I'd just like to have ticket without getting Direct. The past few years I've been surviving off gamepass.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I got excited. Then I saw that DirecTV was still in control through 2023.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

It’s amazing that the NFL agreed to a contract with DirectTV. It’s actually one of the dumber things they’ve done over the years. So much money left on the table by going that route.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    It’s amazing that the NFL agreed to a contract with DirectTV. It’s actually one of the dumber things they’ve done over the years. So much money left on the table by going that route.
    Yep. The NBA, MLB and NHL have been light years ahead of the NFL as far as adopting the streaming of content. Continuing to pretend like it's still the 1970s where network TV was the only home entertainment game in town with people huddled around their huge console sets and 4 channels to choose from has not done the NFL any favors. Having the worst commissioner in professional sports has a lot to do with that.

And on a side note, if DirecTV ever does lose the NFL contract, they're pretty much dead meat. They're already hemorrhaging customers to begin with.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I have been with DirectTV since 1995. It was a very good product until they were sold to AT&T. Now the service does not meet the price and it's not really even close. We have moved to the very basic programming and use streaming services for almost everything else. It just doesn't make sense anymore. Between Netflix, Prime Video, the Disney plus package with Hulu and ESPN+, what's the point?

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Yep. The NBA, MLB and NHL have been light years ahead of the NFL as far as adopting the streaming of content. Continuing to pretend like it's still the 1970s where network TV was the only home entertainment game in town with people huddled around their huge console sets and 4 channels to choose from has not done the NFL any favors. Having the worst commissioner in professional sports has a lot to do with that.

And on a side note, if DirecTV ever does lose the NFL contract, they're pretty much dead meat. They're already hemorrhaging customers to begin with.
    We just got rid of DirecTV and went the streaming route. Saved $40 a month. Don't miss it at all. DirecTV sure as heck made it hard to cancel. What a freaking scam they are.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecoat96 View Post
    We just got rid of DirecTV and went the streaming route. Saved $40 a month. Don't miss it at all. DirecTV sure as heck made it hard to cancel. What a freaking scam they are.
    $40 less a month with the added benefit of no longer having to worry about a bad storm knocking out your signal. No-brainer there.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    $40 less a month with the added benefit of no longer having to worry about a bad storm knocking out your signal. No-brainer there.
    It made sense when many customers or potential customers were too far off the existing cable and phone line routes. Then wired companies realized it was worth their time to run lines to these areas. Game over.

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    It made sense when many customers or potential customers were too far off the existing cable and phone line routes. Then wired companies realized it was worth their time to run lines to these areas. Game over.
    Come out west where there aren't wires strung all over the place. The only options are antenna or satellite.

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="dislocatedday has a reputation beyond repute"> dislocatedday's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    This always puzzled me as well, and I did not want to switch to DirecTV just for the Sunday Ticket. I've had the NHL TV streaming package for several years now and I can watch all the Pittsburgh Penguins games here. I love it and it has been a great experience.

The NFL Gamepass streams all the games live outside of North America if a person subscribes to it, so I had a way around it for a few years whereby I routed my connections to the site through European DNS servers so that my DNS country flag was set to Belgium for example, and my access request to the site appeared to come from a European country. I paid the $125 per year subscription fee and I could watch any game live by doing this. However, a couple years ago the NFL started checking the billing addresses associated with accounts and so when I logged in it would no longer let me stream the games live no matter which country my site requests came from. I complained to them and got a refund on my money for the season and cancelled my Gamepass subscription. I asked why they made it so hard for people in America to pay the NFL to watch games live when every other major sport offers a streaming package. Of course they just replied with their exclusive agreement with DirecTV.

Many of the Steelers games are on broadcast TV here in the Washington DC area where I live. When they are not on broadcast TV though, and since the NFL makes it hard for me as a Steelers fan to watch these games outside of the Pittsburgh market, I now go through a Canadian TV streaming site to watch those particular Steelers games. I'd gladly pay the NFL for access to all the games live, but only if they make it available outside of DirectTV here in the US.