Thread: Creed Humphrey Film Breakdown

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Creed Humphrey Film Breakdown

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Creed Humphrey Film Breakdown

This video further cemented my idea that unless a franchise QB is there at pick 24, the Steelers should take Creed if he is there

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Thanks for sharing.

Anyone got a quick summary of who I should like better amongst Humphrey, Dickerson ( or whatever from Alabama), the guy from Whitewater, and the OSU center. Those seem to be the consensus top 4 OC in the class.

Alternatively, how do any of those guys compare to Pouncey when he came out.

Thanks. I’ll take my reply off-air.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Thanks for sharing.

Anyone got a quick summary of who I should like better amongst Humphrey, Dickerson ( or whatever from Alabama), the guy from Whitewater, and the OSU center. Those seem to be the consensus top 4 OC in the class.

When healthy, Dickerson is the best. Even though he was injured, at the Senior Bowl, he was out there coaching up the other players. Alas, dating back to high school, he has ended FOUR of his past five seasons with an injury.

Thus, Humphrey is the best, because he is the most ready to play on Day 1.

Meinerz has an amazing Senior Bowl. On one particular day of practice, he didn’t miss one block. Not one. The “best of the best” were lining up across from him, and he won every single battle. He might need some time to adjust... but, he’s the Khalil Mack of the O-line (small school player who will flat-out ball once he gets used to the NFL).

SUMMATION:
    I would go BPA in R1... and take Meinerz on Day 2.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    When healthy, Dickerson is the best. Even though he was injured, at the Senior Bowl, he was out there coaching up the other players. Alas, dating back to high school, he has ended FOUR of his past five seasons with an injury.

Thus, Humphrey is the best, because he is the most ready to play on Day 1.

Meinerz has an amazing Senior Bowl. On one particular day of practice, he didn’t miss one block. Not one. The “best of the best” were lining up across from him, and he won every single battle. He might need some time to adjust... but, he’s the Khalil Mack of the O-line (small school player who will flat-out ball once he gets used to the NFL).

SUMMATION:
    I would go BPA in R1... and take Meinerz on Day 2.
    One of them will be a Steeler, I think we can count on that. The injury history on Dickerson puts him on the back burner for me, but I agree he's probably the best when healthy.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/c...lahoma-center/
    Last edited by Shoes; 03-09-2021 at 03:56 AM.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    One of them will be a Steeler, I think we can count on that. The injury history on Dickerson puts him on the back burner for me, but I agree he's probably the best when healthy.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/c...lahoma-center/
    Humphrey will get drafted in R1 by either the Steelers or by the Ravens. I get the nagging feeling that the Ravens are going to leap frog is, and take him at 23.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Thanks for sharing.

Another name I could see sneaking to the Steelers in round 2 could be Trey Hill from Georgia. He's simply a man moving beast. Not exactly athletic but not a 'stumbler bumbler' either. Not sure why he doesn't get talked about in the same list but he hasn't. I ignored him early because I read an article that he is going to move to OG for the NFL but now I'm seeing him listed as an OC prospect more and more.

1. Humphrey - #1
    1b. Slater - Best all around OL, plays well at all positions.
    2. Hill - Beast Mode
    3. Myers - Super technician
    4. Meinerz - OG/OC if one of the above doesn't fall
    5. Drake Jackson - also doesn't get mentioned enough. Kentucky, smaller OC prospect.
    6. Dickerson - Just can't stay healthy. Too risky to chance in 1st 2 rounds, IMO.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

You guys may be able to better understand what you see than I do but there is one thing I don't like when I watch Humphrey. I never see him moving his guy backward. Always moving with the defender and walking him out of the play. I just don't see him use leverage and power to simply move a man out of the hole. Thoughts?

Just to compare OCs. This is Trey Hill. Mauler vs technician.

https://profootballdraft.com/player-...man-nfl-draft/

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Thanks for sharing.

I dont think Landon Dickerson is as light on his feet as I would like to see from the center position. I think Humphrey is the best of the class. I also like Josh Myers of Ohio State. Size, physicality, motor, decent athlete and likes to finish blocks from what I can see on film.

Michal Menet from Penn State is another gaining some interest and may go on day 2.

Meinarz from Wisconsin-whitewater has not played center, but did so at the Senior Bowl practices to show he can, but it would be a transition from D3 Guard to NFL center that might take a season or 2 IMO.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    You guys may be able to better understand what you see than I do but there is one thing I don't like when I watch Humphrey. I never see him moving his guy backward. Always moving with the defender and walking him out of the play. I just don't see him use leverage and power to simply move a man out of the hole. Thoughts?
    RB's are coached to read a O Lineman's posterior and make their cut to the point that he has his butt turned. If you see an O lineman pushing a guy straight back, then the RB does not have a clear gap to read and the D-lineman has a 2-way go, in order to escape the block and make the tackle.

The fact that Humphrey gets to a defender and gets one hand on sternum and the other on armpit and turns his butt to the gap, is ideal technique for run blocking. In the book "Complete Offensive Line" by Fla. St. O-line coach Rick Trickett...he talks about 50-50 relationship of being head up(or toe to toe) to the defender and 75-25 of being on half of the defender (O lineman toe, directly in middle of defender's feet).

Summation: that is good athleticism by Humphrey to get to 1/2 of the defender and wall him off. Good technique.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    I dont think Landon Dickerson is as light on his feet as I would like to see from the center position. I think Humphrey is the best of the class. I also like Josh Myers of Ohio State. Size, physicality, motor, decent athlete and likes to finish blocks from what I can see on film.

Michal Menet from Penn State is another gaining some interest and may go on day 2.

Meinarz from Wisconsin-whitewater has not played center, but did so at the Senior Bowl practices to show he can, but it would be a transition from D3 Guard to NFL center that might take a season or 2 IMO.

Thanks for the info and everyone else as well. Seems like there are several good C prospects in the class.

6'4" - 302 lbs, 29reps at 225 lbs. Good agility numbers and a 33" vertical.

So does anybody know why Creed Humphrey dropped in the draft to the 2nd round?? were there character concerns or something?

Senior Member Array title="Orion has a reputation beyond repute"> Orion's Avatar

So does anybody know why Creed Humphrey dropped in the draft to the 2nd round?? were there character concerns or something?
    nope. i thought for sure he would go in the 1st to either GB or KC after he crushed his pro day. . i would have taken him at 24.

It was odd. He kept dropping. Heck, the Chiefs passed on him to take an ILB, and then got him later on in R2.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    It was odd. He kept dropping. Heck, the Chiefs passed on him to take an ILB, and then got him later on in R2.
    Nick Bolton and Creed Humphrey. The Chiefs read these posts too.