Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shannon Sharpe says "Wake him up when the Steelers can run the ball."

Banned Array title="Lloydwoodsonjr is a splendid one to behold">

Shannon Sharpe says "Wake him up when the Steelers can run the ball."

HOF TE Shannon Sharpe says the Steelers need to A) run the ball consistently and B) push the ball downfield in the passing game to play to Ben's strengths and have an effective offense.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tFI0YEEnAo8

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Re: Shannon Sharpe says "Wake him up when the Steelers can run the ball."

Sharpe is a hack and so is his comrade, Skip Manziel. Not worth the click.

I strongly disagree that 3x Super Bowl winning HOF TE Shannon Sharpe is a hack.

I think he has biases from his playing days like hating the Patriots and Brady.

Sharpe was on the Broncos when TD carried Elway to 2x Super Bowls. He knows how much a running game can help QBs and some more than others.

I fully agree Skip Bayless is a hack. He picked Conor McGregor to beat Floyd Mayweather in his first pro fight ever...

Do you think Skip is wrong that the Steelers are Super Bowl contenders? He's pretty much the only one saying it.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Wake me up when Shannon speaks a clear sentence.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

You know he is right, without a running game I don't see a championship. Even when Ben was in his prime, he only won championships when we had a dominant run game. Even in 2010 with Mendenhall the run game was good.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lloydwoodsonjr View Post
    I strongly disagree that 3x Super Bowl winning HOF TE Shannon Sharpe is a hack.

I think he has biases from his playing days like hating the Patriots and Brady.

Sharpe was on the Broncos when TD carried Elway to 2x Super Bowls. He knows how much a running game can help QBs and some more than others.

I fully agree Skip Bayless is a hack. He picked Conor McGregor to beat Floyd Mayweather in his first pro fight ever...

Do you think Skip is wrong that the Steelers are Super Bowl contenders? He's pretty much the only one saying it.
    So by that logic, Brett Favre would be a good sports talk host?

Shannon Sharpe always speaks to hear himself talk and then believes if he talks louder is makes him more popular and more correct. Just being next to Skip Clueless makes him a hack.

The Steelers not being effective at running the football is like making the observation that water is in fact wet. Some hard hitting football insight there by that panel of journalists.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Exactly. Less yelling and more articulation. I honestly dont ever give any show with Skip Bayless a second of my attention. I would pay $100 PPV to see a celeb boxing match between Troy Aikman and Skip Bayless though. $500 if its bare knuckles and in a parking lot, $1,000 if it is only stopped due to a competitor being knocked out or losing at least 1 pint of blood.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    You know he is right, without a running game I don't see a championship. Even when Ben was in his prime, he only won championships when we had a dominant run game. Even in 2010 with Mendenhall the run game was good.
    I don't think there is a person on this forum that doesn't think the Steeler running game needs a good boost and used more wisely.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Sorry to hear you go...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post

Shannon Sharpe always speaks to hear himself talk and then believes if he talks louder is makes him more popular and more correct. Just being next to Skip Clueless makes him a hack.

The Steelers not being effective at running the football is like making the observation that water is in fact wet. Some hard hitting football insight there by that panel of journalists.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. Less yelling and more articulation. I honestly dont ever give any show with Skip Bayless a second of my attention. I would pay $100 PPV to see a celeb boxing match between Troy Aikman and Skip Bayless though. $500 if its bare knuckles and in a parking lot, $1,000 if it is only stopped due to a competitor being knocked out or losing at least 1 pint of blood.

Aikman vs Bayless would be on the level of Jim "I'm not Chris" Everett vs Jim Rome

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Aikman vs Bayless would be on the level of Jim "I'm not Chris" Everett vs Jim Rome
    But I think Troy might follow thru on the swing, especially if it was a sanctioned bout.

Skip Bayless Once Insinuated Troy Aikman Was Gay and Isn’t Even Sorry About It

https://www.sportscasting.com/skip-b...orry-about-it/

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Sharpe is the first one to recognize that the Steelers need to improve their run game. Well, other than Lloyd here on the forum.

- - - Updated - - -

“Skip, Skip, Skip.... LeBron, LeBron, LeBron...”

Yes, I think Favre would be a good commentator. He's pretty honest about his shortcomings. He admits he didn't know what Cover 2 was until he got in the NFL.

I don't think there is a better commentator on football than Sharpe. Maybe Ryan Clark.

The only person who thinks the Steelers are for real in the media seems to be Bayless. Are there others?

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I don't think there is a better commentator on football than Sharpe.
    Mind = blown

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Mind = blown
    Name one.

Every person on this forum is a copy of Skip Bayless. You and everyone like you just acts incredulous at an opinion or even statement of fact and then fails to back up your own view.

Name one.

Every person on this forum is a copy of Skip Bayless. You and everyone like you just acts incredulous at an opinion or even statement of fact and then fails to back up your own view.
    Says the guy who is throwing out a hot take to get the most reaction from as many posters he can on this forum. Right out of the Skip playbook.

I dont know you. I have no beef with you. But the act is just transparent, misinformed and not at all interesting.

It's more so all the "experts" on this forum can attack Sharpe who played in the NFL for 15 years and on different types of teams.

I'm a nobody. A HOF NFL player's opinion should carry some weight.

Even players I don't like such as Deion I will listen to at least on some level.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Every person on this forum is a copy of Skip Bayless.
    not true.

I'm way better looking.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Yes, I think Favre would be a good commentator. He's pretty honest about his shortcomings. He admits he didn't know what Cover 2 was until he got in the NFL.

I don't think there is a better commentator on football than Sharpe. Maybe Ryan Clark.

The only person who thinks the Steelers are for real in the media seems to be Bayless. Are there others?
    Favre is currently a commentator. As for Sharpe? Lol.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

I don't think there is a better commentator on football than Sharpe.
    if I could understand half the the things he's saying it would probably be better.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    if I could understand half the the things he's saying it would probably be better.
    Agreed...

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Agreed...

Tell me when I can start laughing....I want to...but maybe I shouldn’t

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. Less yelling and more articulation. I honestly dont ever give any show with Skip Bayless a second of my attention. I would pay $100 PPV to see a celeb boxing match between Troy Aikman and Skip Bayless though. $500 if its bare knuckles and in a parking lot, $1,000 if it is only stopped due to a competitor being knocked out or losing at least 1 pint of blood.$5,000 if its a fight to the death
    fixed it for ya
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Since Sharpe's takes/opinions are apparently unimpeachable due to being a HoFer, obviously this team was the best in the history of MNF! Three NFL HoFers in one booth!

It would be great if some people would THINK and then post...

fixed it for ya
    Thanks, I get where you are going, but I am not a fan of that level of punishment for slander.

But, I do think if you are willing to try and lie about a man and discredit him, just to further your own career, then you should be ready to face a brutal ass-whippin. LEV 24:19, "an eye for an eye...".

Since Sharpe's takes/opinions are apparently unimpeachable due to being a HoFer, obviously this team was the best in the history of MNF! Three NFL HoFers in one booth!

OJ wanted to take a stab at announcing.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Ben hasn't been "strong" at throwing deep since like 2017. Many, including myself, hoped that after his elbow was repaired, his deep pacing accuracy and precision would return. It did not. In 2020, he had plenty of ability to heave the ball fairly far. He just seemed to have little idea of where it was going or how long it would take to get there.

This is not an attempt to hijack the thread and have another debate about where Ben's game is at. But solely to point out that if Shannon Sharpe is arguing that the strength of Ben's game is deep, vertical, passing -- he either hasn't watched Ben Roethlisberger play football in 3+ seasons or he doesn't have a clue what he is talking about.

But...he is a HOF'er...

It would be great if some people would THINK and then post...
    You're trying to be dismissive but you just seem really old and out of touch. I can't speak to sportscasters in the 80s. Maybe someone else at your retirement facility could share in your retrospection?

Edit: Want to point out that instead of arguing any of Sharpe's points you dismiss him by comparing him to sportscasters 40 years ago. What kind of deranged logic is that?!
    "I don't like The Weekend because ABBA was overrated so all pop music is bad." Same thing.

You're trying to be dismissive but you just seem really old and out of touch. I can't speak to sportscasters in the 80s. Maybe someone else at your retirement facility could share in your retrospection?

Edit: Want to point out that instead of arguing any of Sharpe's points you dismiss him by comparing him to sportscasters 40 years ago. What kind of deranged logic is that?!
    "I don't like The Weekend because ABBA was overrated so all pop music is bad." Same thing.
    ABBA?

Who or what is that?

You must be Lloydwoodson SR.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Ben hasn't been "strong" at throwing deep since like 2017. Many, including myself, hoped that after his elbow was repaired, his deep pacing accuracy and precision would return. It did not. In 2020, he had plenty of ability to heave the ball fairly far. He just seemed to have little idea of where it was going or how long it would take to get there.

This is not an attempt to hijack the thread and have another debate about where Ben's game is at. But solely to point out that if Shannon Sharpe is arguing that the strength of Ben's game is deep, vertical, passing -- he either hasn't watched Ben Roethlisberger play football in 3+ seasons or he doesn't have a clue what he is talking about.

But...he is a HOF'er...
    Ben had 7.6 Y/A in 2018-19. His career average is 7.7.

This past season completely stands alone from Ben's others, and it was offensive philosophy.

Ben looked really good throwing deep to Claypool.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7uPxamrOE_s

Ben is overthrowing his receivers so it isn't arm strength, and his accuracy looks fine.

Ben doesn't throw much with receivers in the off-season, and COVID further reduced pre-season opportunities. Ben doesn't trust his receivers so he is putting the ball where the defenders can't contest catches.

When Claypool has many big catches next year you'll see.

Complete list of WRs Roethlisberger has had excellent chemistry with: AB and Santonio

Ben used to underthrow Wallace deep all the time while in his late 20s. If anything his accuracy is better now.

I'm going to get banned any time now. I'm kind of over this forum anyways.

Why do you think Claypool had a higher Y/C last year than AB for his career in an unprecedented horizontal passing game?

AB had one season with higher Y/C than Chase... 2017 when you say Ben couldn't throw deep.

Ben looked good throwing deep in 2015 because of personnel- Martavis, DHB, AB, Wheaton were all deep threats.

I'm going to get banned any time now. I'm kind of over this forum anyways.
    Kind of random to throw in the middle of your “debate”.

Last time I checked, no one was keeping anyone here. I suspect you won’t be going anywhere anytime soon if you have anything to say about it...