Thread: Steelers Re-Sign C JC Hassenauer

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Steelers Re-Sign C JC Hassenauer

Steelers sign ERFA Center JC Hassenauer to a one year deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: Steelers are-Sign C JC Hassenauer

Before anyone overreacts: basically, it’s the same deal you give to a practice squad player.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Webster—Dawson—Pouncey—Hassenauer

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

You forgot Mahan, Hartings and Hartwig.

But really you forgot Mansfield.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post

Hartings did a good job tho , not HoF like work but hard to fault him for that
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Thank you, Ben.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Poor Jeff Hartings and Justin Hartwig. They win the 2005 & 2008 Superbowl respectively and they get NOTHING. Must be the JH initial curse.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

No surprise. Depth at center is thin. Is he the only center they have left that's played in an NFL game? (I am legitimately asking)

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Definately. He made a Pro bowl once or twice I thought. He was a good C.

Even Hartwig was decent. I know a lot on the board will say he sucked, but to them if he wasnt an all pro, the Steelers failed by signing him in free agency. I'm actually wondering if somebody like A Q Shipley gets signed the the Steelers as a veteran stop gap.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post

I’m just including hall of famers and future ones.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post

Even Hartwig was decent. I know a lot on the board will say he sucked, but to them if he wasnt an all pro, the Steelers failed by signing him in free agency. I'm actually wondering if somebody like A Q Shipley gets signed the the Steelers as a veteran stop gap.
    Mahan is in the traffic cone HOF along w/Jonathan Scott

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

SUPERBOWL

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Mahan is in the traffic cone HOF along w/Jonathan Scott
    Mahan was the dumbest move ever. I remember looking at the Tampa message boards when the Steelers signed him and the concensus was happy he was out of Tampa and laughing that somebody signed him. It would be equivalent if somebody signed Antowan Blake to be a starter somewhere else.

Scott, was supposed to strictly be veteran depth, but when lack of experience at a position and depth happens, then the next man up can still be lousy. Its kind of where the Steelers are when AV is not re signed and if an injury happens. Steelers could be one Okorafor MCL sprain away from a rookie or John Leglue starting at LT in '21.

I liked Hartings and I didn’t mind Hartwig. Mahan is on my all-time hate list tho. He was there from day one.

I actually think Hartings doesn’t get enough love.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Mahan was the dumbest move ever. I remember looking at the Tampa message boards when the Steelers signed him and the concensus was happy he was out of Tampa and laughing that somebody signed him. It would be equivalent if somebody signed Antowan Blake to be a starter somewhere else.

Scott, was supposed to strictly be veteran depth, but when lack of experience at a position and depth happens, then the next man up can still be lousy. Its kind of where the Steelers are when AV is not re signed and if an injury happens. Steelers could be one Okorafor MCL sprain away from a rookie or John Leglue starting at LT in '21.
    I remember that we went into a season with Scott as our starting LT. I will never forget how that was my lowest opinion of Tomlin ever.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    I remember that we went into a season with Scott as our starting LT. I will never forget how that was my lowest opinion of Tomlin ever.
    Jonathan "Rollerskates" Scott has to go down as one of if not the worst starting LT for the Steelers ever.

can anyone name a worse one?

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Hartings was a hell of a guard. He came out of Penn State as a guard, and had a nice career in Detroit before he came to the Steelers. He was a G, but the team needed him to change positions and he did what was best for the team to make the OL stronger. I was always a fan of his, and he was a very good, reliable player here that could play at a high level at multiple positions.

He was a 2-time Pro Bowl player and a 2-time All-Pro. Very good career.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Championship!

Re: Steelers Re-Sign C JC Hassenauer

BJ Finney was released today.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

we have also now re-signed Marcus Allen and Ray-Ray McCloud.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    Jonathan "Rollerskates" Scott has to go down as one of if not the worst starting LT for the Steelers ever.

can anyone name a worse one?
    For a LT, no. Definitely the worst I've seen. Overall lineman play, I'd have to say Mahan and Simmons are pretty close though. I'm not sure whose fault it was entirely but it was painful to see these guys play, there was pressure up their gap on nearly every single play.

Senior Member Array title="dislocatedday has a reputation beyond repute"> dislocatedday's Avatar

I have a feeling the Steelers may go after a starting C during free agency. I see both Corey Linsley from Green Bay and David Andrews from NE are UFAs. I would not mind either of those guys playing for the Steelers if they could get either of them on a reasonable deal.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dislocatedday View Post
    I have a feeling the Steelers may go after a starting C during free agency. I see both Corey Linsley from Green Bay and David Andrews from NE are UFAs. I would not mind either of those guys playing for the Steelers if they could get either of them on a reasonable deal.
    If we got Linsley, we would not need to draft an OC.

My little birds were telling me that it is going to be Austin Reiter (on a short, mid-level contract) to fill a void. Then, once the OC draft pick becomes a starter, Reiter would be the back-up all three interior positions. That said, with BJ Finney being released, I could see him being that stop-gap center.

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    we have also now re-signed Marcus Allen and Ray-Ray McCloud.

Happy they signed ray ray. I think he is a pretty good number 4.

Quote Originally Posted by oneforthetoe View Post
    Happy they signed ray ray. I think he is a pretty good number 4.
    One of the things that surprised me most about 2020 was that Ray Ray didn’t have a return for a TD. Something happened to him during the season where he didn’t look as explosive towards the end of the season as he did at the beginning. I feel that he was thinking too much after he fumbled the kick away against (I think) the Ravens. He looked totally different to me after that fumble.