Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Colbert On Roethlisberger’s Future With Steelers: ‘We Have To Look At This Current Situation’

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Re: Colbert On Roethlisberger’s Future With Steelers: ‘We Have To Look At This Current Situation’

Quote Originally Posted by dislocatedday View Post
    Something seems off or missing here with Schefter's tweet. If some salary was placed into the 2022 league year, then the Steelers must have extended Ben through 2022. If they reduced that $19M he was due for this season to $14M total over 2021 and 2022, and now have $15M in cap relief for this season, then that must mean Ben is getting $4M this season and then $10M for the 2022 season. I also have to wonder if that $10M for 2022 is guaranteed.
    Ian Rapoport
    @RapSheet

The breakdown:
    — $12.925M signing bonus.
    — $1.075M base salary
    — 4 voidable years to spread out the cap hit (technically a deal through 2025), voiding after the season.

So, 1 year, $14M with a greatly reduced cap hit.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1367555364800114692

Senior Member Array title="dislocatedday has a reputation beyond repute"> dislocatedday's Avatar

Re: Colbert On Roethlisberger’s Future With Steelers: ‘We Have To Look At This Current Situation’

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    Ian Rapoport
    @RapSheet

The breakdown:
    — $12.925M signing bonus.
    — $1.075M base salary
    — 4 voidable years to spread out the cap hit (technically a deal through 2025), voiding after the season.

So, 1 year, $14M with a greatly reduced cap hit.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1367555364800114692
    That paints a clearer picture than Schefter's tweet which mentioned salary being deferred until 2022. Ben is basically giving $5M directly back to the team ($19M to $14M, and getting most of the $14M in a signing bonus that is being spread out over some future years.

Here is an article that discusses this, and identifies that likely 4 years were added to get cap savings of $15M for the 2021 season.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...-new-deal-news

Banned Array title="Lloydwoodsonjr is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    You should try posting anything other than your insulting, ridiculous posts that cause eyes to water for a very different reason.
    Imagine a GIF of a kitten yawning.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lloydwoodsonjr View Post
    this is like the third mention of animals ....

Tell me this isnt the reincarnation of Tom
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Imagine if you understood what people were actually saying, and you didn't just make shit up about what other people post....Yeah....Imagine that.

Got anymore lies you want to post about things I have not said, or anything else you want to fabricate?

We're all laughing at your expense.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Imagine if you understood what people were actually saying, and you didn't just make shit up about what other people post....Yeah....Imagine that.

Got anymore lies you want to post about things I have not said, or anything else you want to fabricate?

What expense? What are you talking about?

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Imagine a chimp with a thought bubble that says "I know u are but what am I?"

I'm finally on your level and I imagine you are crying laughing right now.

I'm finally on your level and I imagine you are crying laughing right now.

Still searching for a reasonable thought I see.

So you think you are talking down to my level, huh?

You can't talk about football on my level or the level of everyone here. That's why you're just another moron troll.

You don't know enough to understand that you don't know what you don't know...while trying to tell everyone how smart you are.

You're a liar and a loser. That's a bad combination.

You're a liar and a loser. That's a bad combination.

OMG yes! That is PRICELESS! I loved 2008!

But seriously, guys, everyone should be happy. Ben is back for sure next year! Predictions?

Edit: 2003...

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Wait......Now....are you Having fun at my expense?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Wait......Now....are you Having fun at my expense?
    no, quoting him from post #192.

no, quoting him from post #192.
    No worries, I enjoy people having fun a my expense.....especially in the off-season.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    No worries, I enjoy people having fun a my expense.....especially in the off-season.
    in that case there is a new Bar and grill in the area I have been wanting to try , how about phoning ahead and setting me up with a nice tab pre paid with YOUR credit card ...

Thanks Bro
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Get your sorry ass to Richmond D and I will put you up and feed ..well my wife will.

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

Só the Cowboys just signed Dak at $40 mil per season - ie a QB (at some point) will eat up $40 mil of cap space. And the funny thing is that I hope the Steelers find a QB that is so good that they will pay him more than that to be the Steeler QB for a long term

Quote Originally Posted by ETL View Post
    Só the Cowboys just signed Dak at $40 mil per season - ie a QB (at some point) will eat up $40 mil of cap space. And the funny thing is that I hope the Steelers find a QB that is so good that they will pay him more than that to be the Steeler QB for a long term
    QBs on rookie contracts are becoming more valuable than ever.