Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Colbert On Roethlisberger’s Future With Steelers: ‘We Have To Look At This Current Situation’

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Re: Colbert On Roethlisberger’s Future With Steelers: ‘We Have To Look At This Current Situation’

I am personally waiting for the moment they start posting pics of crazy animals ......

Tom is that you ????
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: Colbert On Roethlisberger’s Future With Steelers: ‘We Have To Look At This Current Situation’

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    “........well which is it son?”
    Re-peat oh-fender!!!

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Re-peat oh-fender!!!
    “.......God blessed us with a vengeance “........Unpainted Arizona. Gotta love the Coen brothers.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

“.......God blessed us with a vengeance “........Unpainted Arizona
    They were jammies... with Yodas and shit on ‘em.

They were jammies... with Yodas and shit on ‘em.

those Coen Boys. “Oh Brother Where Art Though” is my current favorite. I can’t get my wife to watch “Blood Simple” with me but we love “Fargo” and “ The Big Lebowski”. Have you ever noticed how many Coen Brother’s movies, John Goodman is in?

those Coen Boys. “Oh Brother Where Art Though” is my current favorite. I can’t get my wife to watch “Blood Simple” with me but we love “Fargo” and “ The Big Lebowski”. Have you ever noticed how many Coen Brother’s movies, John Goodman is in?
    Indeed John Goodman is their version of Martin Scorsese putting Robert De Niro in every movie for three decades.

Senior Member Array title="dislocatedday has a reputation beyond repute"> dislocatedday's Avatar

I know that Art Rooney II said that the deadline to redo Ben's contract was the start of free agency in a couple weeks, but my concern is that the longer this takes to resolve it may impact the team's ability to sign any of their current free agents as the time the team can exclusively negotiate with them is now until the start of free agency. I am assuming they will try to re-sign a couple guys, but obviously I don't know what their plans are, or whether they have already been negotiating with some players behind the scenes. It just seems like the team is being held hostage by Ben's contract, and it is not getting resolved quickly like I thought it would.

Indeed John Goodman is their version of Martin Scorsese putting Robert De Niro in every movie for three decades.
    I always thought that George Clooney was too
    mainstream to be in a Coen movie......boy was I wrong.

Almost all of their movies are allegorical.

Soggy Bottom Boys%!
    Last edited by Hawkman; 03-04-2021 at 09:25 AM.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Would you walk into a store called "Unpainted Huffhines"?

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dislocatedday View Post
    I know that Art Rooney II said that the deadline to redo Ben's contract was the start of free agency in a couple weeks, but my concern is that the longer this takes to resolve it may impact the team's ability to sign any of their current free agents as the time the team can exclusively negotiate with them is now until the start of free agency. I am assuming they will try to re-sign a couple guys, but obviously I don't know what their plans are, or whether they have already been negotiating with some players behind the scenes. It just seems like the team is being held hostage by Ben's contract, and it is not getting resolved quickly like I thought it would.
    Ben's roster bonus is due March19th. $15M, $7.5M guaranteed for injury.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

In the past, they have signed who they wanted and if Ben’s team can’t get it worked out, he may just be outside looking in. I don’t think they are going to let that stop them from doing the other things they want to do, I assume they have a $$ amount in mind for Ben already.

Banned Array title="Lloydwoodsonjr is a splendid one to behold">

Well then, keep posting ADAM ANT, since you’ve insulted everyone on this board, we can certainly have fun at your.........expense. Again, why are you here?
    What expense? What are you talking about?

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lloydwoodsonjr View Post
    What expense? What are you talking about?
    it's a figure of speech.

you should learn about it next year in 6th grade.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    it's a figure of speech.

I guess people with an IQ over 90 don't understand a simple figure of speech.

I guess he never learned about it in all those books he reads......

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    I guess people with an IQ over 90 don't understand a simple figure of speech.

I guess he never learned about it in all those books he reads......
    well, it's not discussed in the type of books that he reads:

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

I always thought that George Clooney was to mainstream to be in a Coen movie......boy was I wrong.

Almost all of their movies are allegorical.

Soggy Bottom Boys%!
    “Who made you leader of this outfit?”

Sorry, couldn’t resist

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    Well, Pete, I figured it should be the one of us capable of abstract thought.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Well, Pete, I figured it should be the one of us capable of abstract thought.

Lol!

I just hope this is not the dialogue between Ben and the Steelers

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post

Sorry, couldn’t resist
    Oh you could have.....” but you chose not to”......different movie reference. Don’t you just love the off season.

Banned Array title="Lloydwoodsonjr is a splendid one to behold">

it's a figure of speech.

Clearly I meant the question literally.

"What expense?" ie "Why would I care?"

- - - Updated - - -

God damn it I wish I was cool as Zach and could post GIFs!

Found one that was a pug that said "Say that to my face." Would have had you crying laughing.

Found one that was a pug that said "Say that to my face." Would have had you crying laughing.
    sorry, you have to wait until the 7th grade to learn how to post GIFs.

Steelers Announce They’ve Signed QB Ben Roethlisberger To New Contract

By Alex Kozora
    Posted on March 4, 2021

https://steelersdepot.com/2021/03/st...-new-contract/

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

They restructured his contract. He had one year left regardless.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Clearly I meant the question literally.

"What expense?" ie "Why would I care?"

- - - Updated - - -

You should try posting anything other than your insulting, ridiculous posts that cause eyes to water for a very different reason.

Senior Member Array title="dislocatedday has a reputation beyond repute"> dislocatedday's Avatar

It does not say anything about an extension, so I have to wonder if Ben did something very rare and basically gave back a significant amount of money to the team this year with no additional years added to the contract. It was $19 million that he was going to be due this year ($15M roster bonus, $4M salary), so if he is just giving a large chunk of money back to the team to use then extreme kudos to him. I am not aware of many players in his position, and with his pedigree, doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by dislocatedday View Post
    It does not say anything about an extension, so I have to wonder if Ben did something very rare and basically gave back a significant amount of money to the team this year with no additional years added to the contract. It was $19 million that he was going to be due this year ($15M roster bonus, $4M salary), so if he is just giving a large chunk of money back to the team to use then extreme kudos to him. I am not aware of many players in his position, and with his pedigree, doing that.
    Pay cut to $14M this year, and salary deferred to 2022, freeing up $15M in cap space for the Steelers this season

per Adam Schefter

Adam Schefter
    @AdamSchefter

Ben Roethlisberger willingly reduced his pay to $14M from $19M in this final year of his contract and spread the cash payment through 2022, per source. It lowered the cap hit by over $15M, all so the team can make the right moves to be as competitive as possible this season.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Oh you could have.....” but you chose not to”......different movie reference. Don’t you just love the off season.
    off season therapy for the way the season ended, specially with the lockdown making our choices....limited

Adam Schefter
    @AdamSchefter

Ben Roethlisberger willingly reduced his pay to $14M from $19M in this final year of his contract and spread the cash payment through 2022, per source. It lowered the cap hit by over $15M, all so the team can make the right moves to be as competitive as possible this season.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
    Something seems off or missing here with Schefter's tweet. If some salary was placed into the 2022 league year, then the Steelers must have extended Ben through 2022. If they reduced that $19M he was due for this season to $14M total over 2021 and 2022, and now have $15M in cap relief for this season, then that must mean Ben is getting $4M this season and then $10M for the 2022 season. I also have to wonder if that $10M for 2022 is guaranteed.