Thread: Report: J.J. Watt seriously considering Browns

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Report: J.J. Watt seriously considering Browns

The Browns were one of the first teams to show interest in signing defensive end J.J. Watt after he was released by the Texans last Friday and it appears the interest is mutual.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...dering-browns/

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Re: Report: J.J. Watt seriously considering Browns

I hope he signs anywhere but here. As much as I love the thought of all the Watts playing on the same team JJ has a lot of miles on his body. He's already had back issues (which is huge) and I fear his best days are behind him.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Somebody mis-understood is all. JJ said he needed to 'take the Browns to the SuperBowl' after the houston chili cookoff. Nothing to see here, move along.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

NFL live panel mentioned Chiefs, Bills, Browns, Packers as some good landing spots for Watt. Said JJ was the most double teamed edge rusher in the NFL, while ZaDaruis Smith and Myles Garrett were next most.

If Watt goes to the Packers, Browns or Chiefs, he takes double team opportunities from Smith, Garrett or Chris Jones/Frank Clark. Makes sense for any of them.