Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers One Of Five Teams Predicted To Fall Off A Cliff In 2021

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Steelers One Of Five Teams Predicted To Fall Off A Cliff In 2021

If CBS’ predictions come true, 2021 won’t be a good year for the Pittsburgh Steelers. In a recent article, Pittsburgh was one of five teams projected to fall off a cliff for this upcoming season. Despite their 12-4 finish in 2020, CBS’ Jeff Kerr envisions a much tougher road next year.
    Here’s what he had to write:

https://steelersdepot.com/2021/02/st...cliff-in-2021/

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Steelers One Of Five Teams Predicted To Fall Off A Cliff In 2021

I think the “prediction” comes true (not sure it’s really an outrageous prediction)I think they fall to third place (at this point) in the division. Of course that can change with free agency and the draft but all signs point to them falling at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Re: Steelers One Of Five Teams Predicted To Fall Off A Cliff In 2021

Tomlin never finishes worse than 8-8.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

'Fall Off A Cliff'. Nothing says CLICK HERE better than some abstract Steelers headline predicting doom. Everybody else can panic and jump ship if they wish. I'm gonna keep on rolling with the Black and Gold. This defense is insane. This offense can get right. I'm not worried.

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

I don’t know.

If we go all in on all Ben with Father Time butting in, it could easily happen.

We did kind of fall off the cliff at the end of this season.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Must mean it’s gonna be a great year with a super bowl run.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

The Steelers won't fall off a cliff. Not as long as Ben is under center.

I think they're still very much good enough to win 8-10 games, but not good enough to win anything of note.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Dont they say that every year?

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

The defense is still gonna be top 3 and I expect a better running game. Translation: 9-11 wins.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    The defense is still gonna be top 3 and I expect a better running game. Translation: 9-11 wins.
    Will the defense still be that strong without 3-4 players from 2020? Sutton, Haden, Hilton, Alualu, Dupree, Williams...they are all,kinda questionable to return...no? Not the core of the defense but definitely heavy contributors.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Any idea who the other 4 teams are? Probably not because they don't produce the clicks 'Steelers' does.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Will the defense still be that strong without 3-4 players from 2020? Sutton, Haden, Hilton, Alualu, Dupree, Williams...they are all,kinda questionable to return...no? Not the core of the defense but definitely heavy contributors.
    They all won’t be gone and Bush will be back.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Sutton or Hilton will be back, maybe Haden in a reworked contract. Dupree is probably gone, Williams is probably gone but he was already replaced. Maybe Alualu comes back, maybe we get JJ. I am not so concerned.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    Dont they say that every year?
    they do. Then they jump on the bandwagon when the Steelers have a hot start, and jump off just as fast when we hit a skid, they’re very fickle.

I don’t see this team falling off any cliff if the defense stays relatively intact, plus the improved offensive line and coordination should help Ben’s cause

Senior Member Array title="ThorndikeFFA has much to be proud of">

We have what will most likely be the NFL's toughest schedule next season. But if Ben can get/stay healthy, we can up the running game and the OL can keep Ben on his feet, anything is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    They all won’t be gone and Bush will be back.
    It’s definitely going to be an interesting off-season. Starting with Ben’s contract...

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    If CBS’ predictions come true, 2021 won’t be a good year for the Pittsburgh Steelers. In a recent article, Pittsburgh was one of five teams projected to fall off a cliff for this upcoming season. Despite their 12-4 finish in 2020, CBS’ Jeff Kerr envisions a much tougher road next year.
    Here’s what he had to write:

https://steelersdepot.com/2021/02/st...cliff-in-2021/

They already fell off the cliff last year in week #12.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

It’s definitely going to be an interesting off-season. Starting with Ben’s contract...
    We have to assume that Ben will get paid the same whether he plays or not ($22M I think). If Ben wants more I imagine they just let him walk and move on. So if we are making contract assumptions that would be my starting point.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    They already fell off the cliff last year in week #12.

Steelers fans don't know what a cliff is. They only think they do.

Senior Member Array title="that1guy is a splendid one to behold">

The ugly truth is the Steelers will finish in 3rd place in the division behind Baltimore and Cleveland. What's worse is the Steelers have the least Talent at QB coming into '21 and a defense that figures to lose a couple of pieces that made the defense so good last season. The Steelers will most likely draft a couple of OL and a LB before making a 4th round RB selection that will amount to a camp body. The Steelers have far too much to address in one off-season. The icing on the cake has to be the FO with their false sense of having a competent coaching staff led by a head coach who shouldn't still be employed with the Steelers but has been saved because of the franchise touting its ' 3 HCs in the last 4 decades' bit.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
    The icing on the cake has to be the FO with their false sense of having a competent coaching staff led by a head coach who shouldn't still be employed with the Steelers but has been saved because of the franchise touting its ' 3 HCs in the last 4 decades' bit.
    who would you hire instead?

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Steelers fans don't know what a cliff is. They only think they do.
    Is this it?

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Is this it?

“He set an NFL record, after spending the first 56 games of his career as an active roster member without appearing in an official game.”

"Predicted to Fall Off a Cliff"??? What does that even mean? Go from 12 wins to 10 wins? 9? 8? 7? 1? ZERO? IF you're going to make a 'prediction' then predict! I predict the Steelers will do worse next season after losing some key FAs and having the toughest schedule in the league. Way to go out on a limb there Capt Obvious.

I will predict the Steelers will lose some talent in FA, add some rookies through the draft, and play a #1 schedule next season, all resulting in a tougher road to the playoffs in 2021. AND I will predict the Steelers only win 11 games instead of the 12 they won is 2020. Maybe I should write most of an article about it.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Is this it?

If only I could find a picture of him breaking his throwing hand hitting a mechanical "Test Your Strength" punching machine while drunk!

Now that's a cliff!

Is this it?

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...S/StouCl00.htm

Now THAT is what a 'Cliff' looks like.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

one win in the last 6 games, including losses against the bengals (with a 3rd string QB) and one against the WFT. Hard to be optimistic about next season tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    one win in the last 6 games, including losses against the bengals (with a 3rd string QB) and one against the WFT. Hard to be optimistic about next season tbh
    The Bengals I will freely give anyone room to complain about. But that WFT defense is very real. I felt we should have won that game but don't mistake them as a bad team. Losing at Buffalo is nothing shameful. Losing week17 we didn't bring our team, and then spotting the Browns 28 points in the playoffs was not typical. When this franchise actually does collapse, I will admit it. How did 2019 start? How did 2020 end? I can point to bad times too.

Senior Member Array title="that1guy is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    who would you hire instead?

Eric Bieniemy
    Josh McDaniels
    Greg Roman

Quote Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
    Eric Bieniemy
    Josh McDaniels
    Greg Roman
    I agree with Bieniemy and Roman, but definitely not McDaniels.

I give you credit for answering though, most people don't.