Thread: Now with JJ released - Deshaun Watson anyone?

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

Now with JJ released - Deshaun Watson anyone?

I apologize - I know that a bunch of QB threads exist but in light of a potential signing of JJ Watt as a Steeler - should we reconsider the QB position for THIS YEAR and consider Watson.

previously I wasn’t hot on the idea of Watson but ...

I don’t think JJ would be of any value in a team with declining Ben and then QB project thereafter. This defense is ready to win now.

also, the Minkah Fitzpatrick trade showed us that trading away a first round pick for a good player is not a bad thing. Would you trade Artie Burns and Terrell Edmonds for Deshaun Watson. Of course you would say yes but if I framed it as would you trade two first round picks for Watson - most would balk at that. (I know I picked out weakest draft picks but that is what the draft is at times - a crapshoot)

I had previously wanted QBs like Trubisky and Darnold but with a potential Watt signing - we need QB who can win now - like a Watson, Russell Wilson, even maybe a Dak Prescott

as you can read I am not too excited about Ben coming back. I appreciate what he has done just as I did with Hines Ward and Polamalu but it’s time to move on.

I think the Steelers should do something outside their box and strongly consider trading for a QB that can help them win next year

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Re: Now with JJ released - Deshaun Watson anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by ETL View Post
    I apologize - I know that a bunch of QB threads exist but in light of a potential signing of JJ Watt as a Steeler - should we reconsider the QB position for THIS YEAR and consider Watson.

previously I wasn’t hot on the idea of Watson but ...

I don’t think JJ would be of any value in a team with declining Ben and then QB project thereafter. This defense is ready to win now.

also, the Minkah Fitzpatrick trade showed us that trading away a first round pick for a good player is not a bad thing. Would you trade Artie Burns and Terrell Edmonds for Deshaun Watson. Of course you would say yes but if I framed it as would you trade two first round picks for Watson - most would balk at that. (I know I picked out weakest draft picks but that is what the draft is at times - a crapshoot)

I had previously wanted QBs like Trubisky and Darnold but with a potential Watt signing - we need QB who can win now - like a Watson, Russell Wilson, even maybe a Dak Prescott

as you can read I am not too excited about Ben coming back. I appreciate what he has done just as I did with Hines Ward and Polamalu but it’s time to move on.

I think the Steelers should do something outside their box and strongly consider trading for a QB that can help them win next year

I think that all depends on the Steelers and Ben agreeing on 2021. If Ben retires or they can't agree, then I think you have to do something outside the box. Still one has to wonder what the FO really thinks about Ben's future here. It would be wild if Watson & JJ jointed the steelers and Harris, Creed, and a good OT were drafted. But we wouldn't have any draft picks
    Last edited by Shoes; 02-13-2021 at 10:03 AM.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    yes - the entire draft for Watson would be outside the box and if Colbert did that, he would ...

TOTALLY REDEMM HIMSELF!!