Thread: Run it back

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Run it back

Is it just me or did the phrase "Run it back" just appear out of nowhere? It's almost as if it has to be included in every sports conversation at this point. I'm asking myself if perhaps I just hadn't noticed it until recently or if the phrase is new.

I'm already kind of tired of hearing it.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: Run it back

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Is it just me or did the phrase "Run it back" just appear out of nowhere? It's almost as if it has to be included in every sports conversation at this point. I'm asking myself if perhaps I just hadn't noticed it until recently or if the phrase is new.

I'm already kind of tired of hearing it.
    It has gotten over-used. I started seeing/hearing it a few years ago first in NBA related content. Mostly on stuff where people were trying to determine if a team should blow it up and hunt for draft picks and stars or tweak an existing roster. Last year, I started seeing it cross over to NFL content in the same way.

Seems to be a response to the increasing tendency of NFL and NBA teams to realize that they either load up for a championship run or they need to break down the roster and rebuild around draft picks. The new normal where no one wants to hang around as the last playoff seed for 2-3 years at a time.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Re: Run it back

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    It has gotten over-used. I started seeing/hearing it a few years ago first in NBA related content. Mostly on stuff where people were trying to determine if a team should blow it up and hunt for draft picks and stars or tweak an existing roster. Last year, I started seeing it cross over to NFL content in the same way.

Seems to be a response to the increasing tendency of NFL and NBA teams to realize that they either load up for a championship run or they need to break down the roster and rebuild around draft picks. The new normal where no one wants to hang around as the last playoff seed for 2-3 years at a time.
    Was about to say the same thing. I see it alot on Twitter in NBA and now NFL related tweets.