Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It Is Officially Mock Draft Season

Senior Member Array title="ThorndikeFFA has much to be proud of">

It Is Officially Mock Draft Season

Here are some toys to play with if you get bored. They are mock draft generators.

Enjoy.

Draft Generators:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/mock-draft-machine

https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock-nfl-...aft-simulator/

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft/

https://www.pff.com/draft/nfl-mock-draft-simulator

Bonus: Rookie Pool and Comp Pick Estimates

https://overthecap.com/draft/?fbclid=IwAR0U68ynLCPUWWLgCRD4qt44q_ctVyUeFSdf7N48 Jn4jK_Dx72dxqxzc5s4

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: It Is Officially Mock Draft Season

80 days exactly til the NFL draft. Last year I had Better Call Saul to distract me from a draft countdown right after the Super Bowl, this year not so much

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    80 days exactly til the NFL draft. Last year I had Better Call Saul to distract me from a draft countdown right after the Super Bowl, this year not so much
    Deadwood is a great show to watch until then

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Cool fun tools.

My mock picks (letting tool decide)

DRAFTNETWORK:

• 24. Rashawn Slater OT, Northwestern
    • 56. Michael Carter RB, North Carolina
    • 87. Hunter Long TE, Boston College
    • 128. Ronnie Perkins EDGE, Oklahoma
    • 141. Jaylen Twyman IDL, Pittsburgh
    • 204. Bryce Thompson CB, Tennessee
    • 224. Drew Dalman IOL, Stanford
    • 242. Josh Palmer WR, Tennessee
    • 251. Erroll Thompson LB, Mississippi St.

FANSPEAK:

• 24. Teven Jenkins OT, Oklahome St.
    • 55. Landon Dickerson OC, Alabama
    • 87. Chuba Hubbard RB, Oka St.
    • 125. Nick Eubanks TE, Michigan
    • 138. Joshua Kaindoh EDGE, Florida St.
    • 210. Davis Mills QB, Stanford
    • 240. Cornell Powell WR, Clemson
    • 249. Kyree Campbell DL, Florida

PROFOOTBALLNETWORK:

• 24. Alex Leatherwood OT, Alabama
    • 56. Landon Dickerson OC, Alabama
    • 122. Chuba Hubbard RB, Oka State
    • 194. Joshua Kaindoh EDGE, Florida St.
    • 212. Landon Young OT, Kentucky
    • 221. Greg Eiland OG, Miss St.

PFF:

• 24. Alijah Vera-Tucker T, USC
    • 56. Najee Harris RB, Alabama
    • 129. Josh Myers C, Ohio St.
    • 141. Patrick Jones II EDGE, Pitt
    • 217. Richard LeCounte S, Georgia
    • 226. Raymond Johnson III EDGE, Georgia Southern
    • 244. Tristen Hoge G, BYU
    • 253. Greg Eiland OG, Miss St.
    Last edited by EzraTank; 02-09-2021 at 11:15 AM.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

TE Tommy Tremble is moving equal or ahead of Hunter Long now in real life. Black&Gold mentioned him back in January, post #11 & #22

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru...rospects-News)

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    TE Tommy Tremble is moving equal or ahead of Hunter Long now in real life. Black&Gold mentioned him back in January, post #11 & #22

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru...rospects-News)

I'm worried about drafting Tommy Tremble because the first time he drops a pass they're going to call him Tommy Terrible.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Keep in mind the Steelers don't go into a draft with gaping position holes. There will be some moves made before the draft gets here. Zeroing in on a specific position in the 1st is not how they usually do things. Devin Bush is the ONLY example I can think of ever.

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post

PFF:

• 24. Alijah Vera-Tucker T, USC
    • 56. Najee Harris RB, Alabama
    • 129. Josh Myers C, Ohio St.
    • 141. Patrick Jones II EDGE, Pitt
    • 217. Richard LeCounte S, Georgia
    • 226. Raymond Johnson III EDGE, Georgia Southern
    • 244. Tristen Hoge G, BYU
    • 253. Greg Eiland OG, Miss St.

Dag! I think that I would consider touching myself inappropriately if we landed this draft. That's an A+++ draft!

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Keep in mind the Steelers don't go into a draft with gaping position holes. There will be some moves made before the draft gets here. Zeroing in on a specific position in the 1st is not how they usually do things. Devin Bush is the ONLY example I can think of ever.
    This offseason will be different than any we have had in awhile. There's going to be some holes that will need to be filled through the draft. It will be the most important draft since Ben was drafted, IMO. They need to hit big on 3 or 4 picks.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RunNGun View Post
    This offseason will be different than any we have had in awhile. There's going to be some holes that will need to be filled through the draft. It will be the most important draft since Ben was drafted, IMO. They need to hit big on 3 or 4 picks.
    I get what you are saying, but I gotta agree with B2S on this one.

1. Colbert almost never enters a draft with a glaring hole. He will go into the draft with a "starter" at every position.

2. Drafting for need turns into Artie Burns... and for the Lions, it was Eric Ebron (Aaron Donald was the better prospect, but they needed a TE). Conversely, Denny Green was all about BPA... and thus, he drafted Randy Moss (despite already having Chris Carter and Jake Reed).

3. That said, when two players are equally ranked, "need" becomes the tie-breaker.

4. In 2001, the Steelers have three guys ranked exactly the same. They traded down three spots, and still got one of those players. I could see the same thing happening this draft: they have a few players of equal value at 24 (let's say Nick Bolton, Christian Darrisaw, Najee Harris, and Pat Freiermuth); they trade down to 28 and take whichever player is still left.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

I’ll be shocked if Harris available in round 2 by the time we pic. a stud tackle and Harris would help Rudolph or Haskins immensely.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    I'm worried about drafting Tommy Tremble because the first time he drops a pass they're going to call him Tommy Terrible.

I was thinking the same thing! "TT"

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I was thinking the same thing! "TT"
    TeeTee
    Captain Hippo Fart
    Mr. Cool Shades

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

1. Colbert almost never enters a draft with a glaring hole. He will go into the draft with a "starter" at every position.

2. Drafting for need turns into Artie Burns... and for the Lions, it was Eric Ebron (Aaron Donald was the better prospect, but they needed a TE). Conversely, Denny Green was all about BPA... and thus, he drafted Randy Moss (despite already having Chris Carter and Jake Reed).

3. That said, when two players are equally ranked, "need" becomes the tie-breaker.

4. In 2001, the Steelers have three guys ranked exactly the same. They traded down three spots, and still got one of those players. I could see the same thing happening this draft: they have a few players of equal value at 24 (let's say Nick Bolton, Christian Darrisaw, Najee Harris, and Pat Freiermuth); they trade down to 28 and take whichever player is still left.
    I completely agree the OL has to be a priority in this draft(only 4 guys currently under contract). So, I understand many people selecting OT/OC in the first round in their mock drafts. I think if you look at the class in a bigger picture view there are quality OL prospects on all 3 days. My infatuation, I guess I'll call it that, with the ILBs in this draft is after those top 3 the floor drops out from under the position. Not that there are not other good LBs in this draft, just that Parsons/Bolton/Collins are going to be high quality starters day 1. I think the same can be said for safeties in this draft. I'm less trigger happy to take one of the top safeties at 24 though. I think the Steelers have 8 picks this draft, but only 3 in the top 100. There needs to be several quality picks out of this draft, IMO.

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

The difference between now and previous years is we had the cap space to fill gaps in the roster. This offseason we do not have that luxury. Hopefully, you're right and they can make it work., but I do believe it will be difficult.

I know a few of you are really high on Bolton. He's a great LBer, don't get me wrong, but when will they learn their lesson that small fast LBers aren't always the answer. If you look at Shazier, Sean Spence, and Bush...they all have one thing in common...injured. I understand the need, but I also believe it's better to have a guy that can cover like Bush as well as a thumper type like VW.
    Last edited by RunNGun; 02-10-2021 at 04:16 PM.

I completely agree the OL has to be a priority in this draft(only 4 guys currently under contract). So, I understand many people selecting OT/OC in the first round in their mock drafts. I think if you look at the class in a bigger picture view there are quality OL prospects on all 3 days. My infatuation, I guess I'll call it that, with the ILBs in this draft is after those top 3 the floor drops out from under the position. Not that there are not other good LBs in this draft, just that Parsons/Bolton/Collins are going to be high quality starters day 1. I think the same can be said for safeties in this draft. I'm less trigger happy to take one of the top safeties at 24 though. I think the Steelers have 8 picks this draft, but only 3 in the top 100. There needs to be several quality picks out of this draft, IMO.
    That shows up when I do these simulators. If I go O-line first, then in R2... suddenly, i do not have an impact ILB. Conversely, when I go ILB in R1, in R2 and R3 and R4 there are still plenty of top-notch O-linemen still available. I know that it is cliche, but this year's O-line crop is the deepest that I have seen in years.

- - - Updated - - -

The difference between now and previous years is we had the cap space to fill gaps in the roster. This offseason we do not have that luxury. Hopefully, you're right and they can make it work., but I do believe it will be difficult.

I know a few of you are really high on Bolton. He's a great LBer, don't get me wrong, but when will they learn their lesson that small fast LBers aren't always the answer. If you look at Shazier, Sean Spence, and Bush...they all have one thing in common...injured. I understand the need, but I also believe it's better to have a guy that can cover like Bush and a thumper type like VW.
    In Omar Khan I trust.

Zaven Collins might be the answer then (he is 260 lbs).

Lavonte David is 6'1"-235lbs
    Devin White is 6'0"- 235lbs
    Devin Bush is 5'11"-235lbs
    Vince Williams is 6'1"- 235lbs
    Patrick Queen is 6'1"-230lbs
    Isaiah Simmons is 6'4"-230lbs

Micah Parsons is 6'3"-245lbs
    Nick Bolton is 6'0"-230lbs
    Zaven Collins is 6'4"-260lbs

Just illustrating these guys are not 'smaller LBs'.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

If Pouncey is back for 1 more season I am looking at the Steelers looking at Quinn Meinerz in the 4th as a guy that can play G and learn C

.24 Travis Etienne RB Clemson
    .56 Liam Eichenberg OT Notre Dame
    .87 Rashad Weaver DE Pitt
    .129 Quinn Meinerz G Wisconsin Whitewater
    .141 Daelen Hayes Edge Notre Dame
    .217 Tre McKitty TE Georgia
    .226 Justin Hilliard ILB Ohio St
    .244 Tre Brown CB Oklahoma
    .253 John Bates TE Boise St

I think Najee Harris will get picked by Miami before the Steelers get a chance, so Etienne is the next best RB. Shoes gets 2 TE's, but no premium picks. Bates doesnt have great college production at Boise, but was one of the best blockers at the Senior Bowl. Weaver they know from Pitt and has the frame to play 5 technique, just needs to add some bulk.

That shows up when I do these simulators. If I go O-line first, then in R2... suddenly, i do not have an impact ILB. Conversely, when I go ILB in R1, in R2 and R3 and R4 there are still plenty of top-notch O-linemen still available. I know that it is cliche, but this year's O-line crop is the deepest that I have seen in years.

- - - Updated - - -

In Omar Khan I trust.

Zaven Collins might be the answer then (he is 260 lbs).
    I keep thinking Zaven Collins goes to the Bears and becomes their next Urlacher. It just seems to fit.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    If Pouncey is back for 1 more season I am looking at the Steelers looking at Quinn Meinerz in the 4th as a guy that can play G and learn C

.24 Travis Etienne RB Clemson
    .56 Liam Eichenberg OT Notre Dame
    .87 Rashad Weaver DE Pitt
    .129 Quinn Meinerz G Wisconsin Whitewater
    .141 Daelen Hayes Edge Notre Dame
    .217 Tre McKitty TE Georgia
    .226 Justin Hilliard ILB Ohio St
    .244 Tre Brown CB Oklahoma
    .253 John Bates TE Boise St

I think Najee Harris will get picked by Miami before the Steelers get a chance, so Etienne is the next best RB. Shoes gets 2 TE's, but no premium picks. Bates doesnt have great college production at Boise, but was one of the best blockers at the Senior Bowl. Weaver they know from Pitt and has the frame to play 5 technique, just needs to add some bulk.
    It's very possible the Steelers will take a RB early, but if Parsons, Collins or Bolton are there at 24, do you think the Steelers will pass on them?I protest on those TE selections
    Last edited by Shoes; 02-10-2021 at 04:12 PM.

Lavonte David is 6'1"-235lbs
    Devin White is 6'0"- 235lbs
    Devin Bush is 5'11"-235lbs
    Vince Williams is 6'1"- 235lbs
    Patrick Queen is 6'1"-230lbs
    Isaiah Simmons is 6'4"-230lbs

Micah Parsons is 6'3"-245lbs
    Nick Bolton is 6'0"-230lbs
    Zaven Collins is 6'4"-260lbs

Just illustrating these guys are not 'smaller LBs'.
    It has become a league norm. Can't argue that. The Steelers have not had the best luck with it for whatever reason. Maybe it's the scheme? I will say Devin White and VW look way bigger than Bush on camera. Those listed weights aren't always legit.

It has become a league norm. Can't argue that. The Steelers have not had the best luck with it for whatever reason. Maybe it's the scheme? I will say Devin White and VW look way bigger than Bush on camera. Those listed weights aren't always legit.
    I average the weights up or down to the closest 5 or 10.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

It's very possible the Steelers will take a RB early, but if Parsons, Collins or Bolton are there at 24, do you think the Steelers will pass on them?I protest on those TE selections
    I think its possible they pass on all 3. Collins is the only 1st round pick of the 3 IMO and at 6'4" 260, is he really an ILB or is he an OLB in the Steelers system. Also, what kind of short shuttle, 40 time and vertical measurables does he have? Looks on film to get sideline to sideline well, but people are only projecting him to run a 4.8. That is rather pedestrian for an ILB.

As for your TE's. I think Bates can be a blocker and get a hat on day 1, while McKitty could slide and be a good value as a move TE that is a willing blocker. Too many other holes on the roster and Ebron is still under contract for another year.

You didn't watch any Penn State games then; Parsons is the real deal. What's more, he will absolutely light up the combine with off the charts numbers. Write it down. There's a reason a lot of these drafts have him going in the top ten.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Collins is the only 1st round pick of the 3
    Clarification: You do not see Parsons as a R1 pick?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

If Haden is cut, which isn't likely, but possible then Pat Surtain 3 could be an option at 24. Idk how I'd feel about that.

Clarification: You do not see Parsons as a R1 pick?
    I think his off field issues keep him off the Steelers board...and several other teams.

According to an ESPN report, James Franklin told a former player not to report a fight with a star linebacker to police. According to documents filed by Isaiah Humphries, he and Micah Parsons fought involving punching, choking and a knife in March 2018.

Former Penn State player details fight with Micah Parsons, claims James Franklin told him not to talk to police, according to ESPN | ABC27

A former Penn State football player claims that in 2018 he was subjected to hazing and harassment by four teammates an average of two to three times a week for nine months.
    Former PSU football player gives details on alleged hazing by teammates | WOLF (fox56.com)

Parsons is considered a top-five to ten talent in the draft and some believe that he could go as high a four or five overall. This information on Parsons isn’t entirely new, however.

...there are other allegations of alcohol abuse and partying that also must be discussed. Either way, it could change up the top of the draft for a few teams.
    Miami Dolphins could remove Parsons off draft list after report (phinphanatic.com)

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThorndikeFFA View Post
    You didn't watch any Penn State games then; Parsons is the real deal. What's more, he will absolutely light up the combine with off the charts numbers. Write it down. There's a reason a lot of these drafts have him going in the top ten.
    I'll bet you Parsons does not light it up at this year's Combine.

If they could get a OT in rd 1 and then trade up in the 2nd to land Freirmuth I would be ecstatic! Freirmuth is my guy.