Thread: Former Steelers guard Alan Faneca, and scout Bill Nunn voted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Former Steelers guard Alan Faneca, and scout Bill Nunn voted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame

Last edited by BlackAndGold; 02-06-2021 at 09:19 PM.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Re: Former Steelers guard Alan Faneca, and scout Bill Nunn voted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame

Good. Faneca lives in my town now.

Nunn long overdue.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Former Steelers guard Alan Faneca, and scout Bill Nunn voted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame

Yes congrats. Bout time!

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

It's going to be a Steelers filled HOF. I'll assume this will be a two night event with the 20' class postponed.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

OUTSTANDING!!

This will likely be the last HOF with a former Steeler until Ben retires.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Just showed Alan on NFL Honors and pretty cool.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

He looks so different...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    He looks so different...lol
    Yep and Bill now.

5 steelers in 2 years. I'll stop complaining about steeler bias in the hof committee for a few years at least, lol

Senior Member Array title="ThorndikeFFA has much to be proud of">

Bill Nunn, The Architect of the 1970s Steelers. He saw talent where others failed to even look. And what's more, there were smart men in Pittsburgh who listened to him.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Cowher goes in with 2 of his guys.

Nunn goes in with 1 of his guys.

HOF in 2021 - Wish I could be there

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Well deserved for both men.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

That's good to hear. Faneca deserves to be there,

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

About time! Congratulations big man!

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Both men are extremely well deserving of this award.

Congratulations to both and their families.

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Great they both made it. Would never guess looking at Faneca now that he was a OG in the NFL. Funny how some retired players keep the same general physique their whole life while others completely transform. Tunch Ilkin is another former lineman who transformed his body pretty quickly after his playing days. And then there is Harrison who will be squats when he is 90.

Hines Ward to be Alan Faneca's presenter at the HOF ceremony

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post

Hines Ward to be Alan Faneca's presenter at the HOF ceremony
    Man, I would love to be there for that. I was at The Bus’s induction and that was a blast. There were Terrible Towels everywhere in that stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Man, I would love to be there for that. I was at The Bus’s induction and that was a blast. There were Terrible Towels everywhere in that stadium.
    This year will be a Steeler takeover. Alan, Donnie, Bill C, Bill N and Troy.

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    This year will be a Steeler takeover. Alan, Donnie, Bill C, Bill N and Troy.
    I’m wondering how many people they will let in the stadium. Also wondering if Hines will make it all the way through his presentation without crying. My money says he won’t.

Interesting choice, the two must be very close.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Good Choice!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Didn't Stallworth have Swan introduce him, in part, as a message to the voters that Swan should be next?

Quote Originally Posted by oneforthetoe View Post
    Didn't Stallworth have Swan introduce him, in part, as a message to the voters that Swan should be next?
    Swann spoke up for Stallworth, who presented Swann. Stallworth got voted in the following year. "The completing the hour" speeches.

Tony Dungy spoke up for Donnie Shell, who presented Dungy and Donnie gets in this year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    That 2005 team would play poker at Potsie's house and as Ike Taylor or maybe Foote said they would party in NYC after the games lol

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Faneca, Ward, and Townsend were all in the same draft class. They bonded during the rookie symposiums. Townsend and Ward’s houses are side-by-side. (I’m not sure where Faneca lives. )

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Faneca, Ward, and Townsend were all in the same draft class. They bonded during the rookie symposiums. Townsend and Ward’s houses are side-by-side. (I’m not sure where Faneca lives. )
    Faneca lives in my city now, Va Beach. He is a coach at one of our high schools and has a business w/his wife