Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steeler UFAs You'd Least Like to Lose

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Steeler UFAs You'd Least Like to Lose

Rank the Steeler UFAs that you least want to lose (most like to keep):

Mine:

1. Sutton
    2. Hilton
    3. Dupree
    4. Juju
    5. Alualu
    6. Conner

The rest... meh

And you have to factor salary cap considerations.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Re: Steeler UFAs You'd Least Like to Lose

1. Hilton
    2. Sutton
    3 JuJu
    4. Conner
    5. Alualu
    6. Wormley

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Hilton
    JuJu
    Alualu
    Sutton
    Conner

The rest can go. I’d love to see them keep 3 of the above but not sure that’s even feasible at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I’d love to see them keep 3 of the above but not sure that’s even feasible at this stage.
    I think they'll find a way to keep 3. Who knows which ones. They always seem to find a way.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Bud
    Hilton
    JuJu

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Steeler UFAs You'd Least Like to Lose

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I think they'll find a way to keep 3. Who knows which ones. They always seem to find a way.
    Hilton, JuJu and Alualu/Sutton!

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

Bud
    hilton
    sutton
    juju

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I'd really want Hilton to stay.
    Cam Sutton I also would like to stay
    Alualu had some value in the run defense he may be worth trying to keep
    Bud may be a nice keep to prevent needing more OLBs, but if he is going to command too much money it won't be worth keeping him

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Simple keep the D intact and franchise Bud for one year if you have too. Will miss JUJU nd Conner but not to hard to replace. Defense is the strength of the team now and will probably go heavy on offense in the draft. Why you need to keep the D intact!

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

1. Sutton is able to play outside. Hilton has more big plays and can stop the run, but Sutton is Haden’s replacement.

2. Hilton is flat-out amazing. He is not an outside corner, but inside, there’s no one better.

3. JuJu is our most dependable receiver. If he is used correctly (targeted more than 5 yards past the LOS), he can still put up monster numbers.

As far as the rest go...

Bud will be too expensive. I’d love to see him stay, but Alex Highsmith showed that we aren’t in dire straits if Bud leaves.

Alualu will be replaced by JJ Watt. The Texans will cut him, and JJ will play with his brothers for around the same price (brother discount) that we were paying Tyson: $6.5 million.

AV seems to have regressed. I go with Okorafor and Banner as my bookends (and draft a couple of guys to compete with them for the starting roles).

Conner was a good back, but certainly not irreplaceable.

The more I think about it, the more I would put my order as:

1. JuJu
    2. Hilton
    3. Sutton (with the release of Haden to follow)

The rest they can do whatever...but I need to see those three and if Ben has to go to keep those three...then, unfortunately, Ben has to go. I love the guy and always will but I need the three above to stick.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

We did go 1-5 after Dupree got injured. I'd like to see him back on the team

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    We did go 1-5 after Dupree got injured. I'd like to see him back on the team
    I agree, I know a lot high on highsmith on here, I need to see more it’s not like Bud lit it up first few years. But to me the drop off was huge, bud a good step quicker and always in QB face, sometimes running right by their face. Bud worth more than JuJu or a slot corner IMO.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

These three players I hope they retain.

1. Sutton leaving would not be ideal. They finally drafted and developed a corner that also can play multiple positions. Sutton is also just entering his prime, turning 26 this year. He's a must keep with Haden and Nelson entering their last year of their deals.

2. Hope they retain both Alualu and Wormley. Keeps the depth on the d-line pushing the need to 22'.

3. Re-sign Feiler and put him back at RT, where he preformed very well in 2019. It moves Chuk over to the left side, Banner as the swing tackle.

1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Kevin Colbert: Steelers Aren't Ruling Out Return of Bud Dupree

The Pittsburgh Steelers still believe there's a chance to resign outside linebacker Bud Dupree.

to read rest of article:

https://www.si.com/nfl/steelers/news...out-bud-dupree

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

For the right price:

1. Dupree: I know he will cost too much but our defense was never the same after he went down. Teams easily could double team TJ or run away from him. Our slide started the minute Bud went down.
    2. Sutton: He's a year younger than Hilton and taller, but I'd hate to lose Hilton's blitzing instincts.
    3. Juju: (but I think we can survive it since we have 3 viable receivers in DJ, Claypool and Washington).
    4. Hilton: (but if we keep Sutton not so bad).

I could care less about Conner (he's made of glass) or Alualu (he'll be 34 years old in May) or Alejandro Villanueva. Unless AV had an injury we didn't know about he was atrocious last year. We can replace these three via draft.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

the salary cap came in at $180 million.

let the negotiations begin!

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    the salary cap came in at $180 million.

let the negotiations begin!
    That is just the floor. The salary cap could come in even higher. That's certainly good news for the Steelers.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Dont forget that also have a $5M cap carryover as well that is going to help.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

1A) Sutton
    1B) Hilton

2) AluAlu - when he was out it was evident

as for the rest I either don't care or its a pipe dream because of the clear cost and we are in the red as it is ...
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

1. Bud Dupree- Bud and Watt are a lethal tandem. Bud's also a terror against the run and is a major factor in TJ Watt being so great. They thrive off each other and when this defense was healthy it was the best in the NFL.

2. Sutton- I believe he can fill in adequately for Hilton at a cheaper price.

3. Alu Alu- The depth on the defensive line is very thin and with many other draft needs, it may be difficult to beef the defensive line up. I also thought Alu Alu did a great job last season.

I left Juju off the list because, IMO, his production can be replaced by what we have on the roster in Claypool and Washington.

Imo, the front office has to make a decision...do they want to keep Ben around for 1 more year or pay Bud Dupree? My choice is Bud.
    Last edited by RunNGun; 02-20-2021 at 11:16 AM.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

If Ben stays for one more year:

Hilton
    dupree
    juju (Ben will want a reliable target)
    Sutton
    Conner (as a second back to the draftee or FA RB)

if Ben retires and we go Rudolph or FA Qb

Sutton (Future CB)
    Hilton
    Dupree
    juju
    alualu

Rapoport Believes Steelers Re-Signing Smith-Schuster Still A Possibility

https://steelersdepot.com/2021/02/ra...a-possibility/

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

As I have averred for months, JuJu loves Pittsburgh and wants to be a Steeler for life.

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

That's great and I appreciate what he's done for Pittsburgh, but I believe they can use that money elsewhere to better this roster. Unless of course, the price is right.

he's counting down the days, he's probably as good as gone.

Mike Hilton
    @MikeHilton_28

Mar 1
    16 days......

https://twitter.com/MikeHilton_28/st...5Es1_&ref_url=

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

I don’t see the Steelers keeping any FA except maybe Banner.

can someone please tell me how to embed a tweet on here? thanks

Adam Schefter
    @AdamSchefter

LB Bud Dupree, Pittsburgh’s franchise player last year, has been informed that he will not be franchised again this year, per league source. Dupree is headed to free agency.

Mar 9, 2021

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...26672646901768

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

No surprise there.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/pittsbur.../market-value/

Is this really out of reach? Only a $3M/year raise to have Watt and Dupree stay together.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/pittsbur...-dupree-16746/

I understand the Steelers have little room and they don't pay top dollar even when they have room. Just asking, is this really out of reach?