Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rams trade for Stafford, Goff to Detroit.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: Rams trade for Stafford, Goff to Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    google goffs girlfriend, wow!
    How crazy is it that he would say ANYTHING about ANY other woman, when he comes home to that!!! It must be nice to have that much sway.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    How crazy is it that he would say ANYTHING about ANY other woman, when he comes home to that!!! It must be nice to have that much sway.
    The crazy thing is the two girls look cut from the same mold...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Last edited by Born2Steel; 02-04-2021 at 10:50 AM.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

All I know is that McVay only ever got credit for every good thing that happened with the Rams and Goff only ever got blame for every bad thing that happened with the Rams. Something tells me that there was a more equal sharing going on.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Btw, his model girlfriend must be PISSED about him moving from sunny LA to stank ass cold Detroit

Banned Array title="Lloydwoodsonjr is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    All I know is that McVay only ever got credit for every good thing that happened with the Rams and Goff only ever got blame for every bad thing that happened with the Rams. Something tells me that there was a more equal sharing going on.
    Exactly. There are multiple factors in play. Gurley is a big one. Another is that NFL defenses adjust to new coaches it takes a season or two.

Chip Kelly looked like a genius when Nick Foles threw 27 TD 3 INT or whatever. Now he can't get a job.

Every NFL analyst raved about old Chip and then every one called him a laughingstock.

I will say that the AFC has all the best QBs right now with Brees retiring and Brady might retire also and Rodgers is 37. Russell Wilson could be the only elite QB in the division next year but probably Rodgers will be there too. That makes Stafford a distant 3rd best if he is better than Cousins which is debatable. Maybe Stafford can be a medium sized fish in a very small pond for a couple years?

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Btw, his model girlfriend must be PISSED about him moving from sunny LA to stank ass cold Detroit
    Detroit has underfunded schools, thousands of abandoned houses, tap water that is toxic, and an unfathomsble crime rate. But, Los Angeles has Raidahs fans​.

Hellllllo, Detroit!!!

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Detroit has underfunded schools, thousands of abandoned houses, tap water that is toxic, and an unfathomsble crime rate. But, Los Angeles has Raidahs fans​.

Hellllllo, Detroit!!!
    Hey now!

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

This. McVay is beginning to look a lot like another one season wunderkind (see also: Doug Pederson).

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    This. McVay is beginning to look a lot like another one season wunderkind (see also: Doug Pederson).
    I just hope we don't blow $130 million on some one year wonder version of Wentz or Goff

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    Hey now!
    To clarify... there are Raidahs fans from Oakland, Massillon, Portland, and Dallas... and then there are Raidahs fans from LA.

In junior high and high school, my best friend's uncle was the former type of Raidahs fan: he had a job, a wife, kids, and teeth. On the flip side are the guys who clog the I-5 south and pick fights with each other on the freeway (no embellishment: I have seen this happen twice).

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

To clarify... there are Raidahs fans from Oakland, Massillon, Portland, and Dallas... and then there are Raidahs fans from LA.

In junior high and high school, my best friend's uncle was the former type of Raidahs fan: he had a job, a wife, kids, and teeth. On the flip side are the guys who clog the I-5 south and pick fights with each other on the freeway (no embellishment: I have seen this happen twice).
    I know. I've heard the stories on different Raiders forums. There are idiots everywhere...lol.

Hellllllo, Detroit!!!
    LA has a lot of problems but at least for a model, there is some scenery and some beaches to take pictures in front of. Detroit, there is no scenery unless you want to make a post-apocalyptic movie or rip off "The Wire"
    Last edited by st33lersguy; 02-05-2021 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    LA has a lot of problems but at least for a model, there is some scenery and some beaches to take pictures in front of. Detroit, there is no scenery unless you want to make a post-apocalyptic movie or rip off "The Wire"
    Bubbles on even more crack!!!

Joking aside, I’d almost prefer Detroit over the traffic in LA. It’s not just that it’s slow/congested... it’s like it is cursed. I once saw a car on fire on the other side of the median. They had stopped my side of traffic to bring in a truck that was spraying fire-retardant foam on the car. Suddenly, the pressure blew out the back of the truck covering my side of the freeway in foam. So now, one side of the freeway is on fire and the other was flooded with foam. What... the ... EFF!?!

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

I’ve only been to LA twice, but it really does re-define traffic. In places there are twelve lanes, and no one is moving.

I thought Californians biked or jogged everywhere. No?

Bubbles on even more crack!!!

Joking aside, I’d almost prefer Detroit over the traffic in LA. It’s not just that it’s slow/congested... it’s like it is cursed. I once saw a car on fire on the other side of the median. They had stopped my side of traffic to bring in a truck that was spraying fire-retardant foam on the car. Suddenly, the pressure blew out the back of the truck covering my side of the freeway in foam. So now, one side of the freeway is on fire and the other was flooded with foam. What... the ... EFF!?!
    Holy shit

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    I’ve only been to LA twice, but it really does re-define traffic. In places there are twelve lanes, and no one is moving.
    As one leaves San Diego, you leave on regular old freeways: cement roads with shrubs covering the cement medians. Not pretty, but functional... and clean. Plus, no billlboards.

You drive through Orange County, and you suddenly realize what being a higher tax bracket does for everything in the surrounding community. The roads are pristine, and the walls/sides of some parts have mosaics, artworks, and/or patches of well-trimmed flower fields. Obviously, there are no billboards and not a speck of dirt on the sides of the road (let alone trash). I swear that they put windchimes on certain stretches that add calming background music to your leisurely commute.

You get lulled into a sense of false security... because, there like the invisible wall surrounding the OC. When you hit LA county it changes immediately. Smog. Piles of trash bags on the sides of the road. Billboard after billboard after billboard. Graffiti covers every wall and road sign... if there is even a sign (quite of few of the signs are missing which makes finding your exit kind of difficult). Smog. People weaving as fast as they can in traffic that is moving 20mph. There is a county mandate that there has to be one broken down vehicle for every 1.75 miles of freeway (and preferable, the vehicle is in a middle lane making it impossible to be towed in less than 3 hours). Did I mention the smog?

SUMMATION:
    I travel through LA only when I absolutely have to... and when I do, it’s on Sunday morning at 5:00am.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

God man, that's 100% proof right there that you can look like a total goofball but still hook up with a 9 or 10 if you got enough money

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

The Lions basically are the NFC's version of the Browns.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j-d-s View Post
    The Lions basically are the NFC's version of the Browns.
    Maybe not…

Looks like it could be possible that this trade may have worked out for both teams?

The more I think about it the more I feel Goff is going to thrive in Detroit. I’ll remember this post come December—January.
    …good call…

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    …good call…
    It was not the case at the start but he has been great since last year!