Thread: under rated guys I wouldnt mind ending up in Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

under rated guys I wouldnt mind ending up in Pittsburgh

I'll start ...

QB Kellen Mond ...

round 4 I wouldnt hesitate to turn in the card , nobody talking about him but his TD to int ration is fantastic , complete over 60% and has a set of wheels that can run away from you .. some of the throws he has made are incredible on the move and a snap of the wrist ...

Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Re: under rated guys I wouldnt mind ending up in Pittsburgh

Posted these in the prospect thread but two of my draft crushes.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

another one of my guys I like on day 3

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I’ll take Ian Book over Mond. I don’t sense that Mond has a natural feel for the game when I watch him play.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    I'll start ...

QB Kellen Mond ...

round 4 I wouldnt hesitate to turn in the card , nobody talking about him but his TD to int ration is fantastic , complete over 60% and has a set of wheels that can run away from you .. some of the throws he has made are incredible on the move and a snap of the wrist ...

I do see some things to like with his ability to throw without his feet set and his highlights of being forced to move and then reset to throw. For instance, Mason Rudolp...not good at that.Need to be able to throw "off platform" or once "moved off the launch point" to use internet scout terms.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Hearing very good things about Quinton Morris and his blocking. I’d take him.

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Brenden Knox RB Marshall 6'0" 225 Junior

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3Decw80cm4

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Mond would be excellent gamble IMO. only thing I don’t like is he reminds me of Kaepernick lol. I root for Book because he went to high school my daughter is currently at but I don’t see him excelling in the NFL. kind of like another local kid Jake Browning. both great college QB’s but don’t quite have arm talent for next level. Mond to me looks as good as Dak did in college so if he falls that far day 3 very low risk, just as Haskins low risk signing.

- - - Updated - - -

Mond had great talks with Steelers .......... https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/20...o-day-nfl/amp/

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Mond had great talks with Steelers .......... https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/20...o-day-nfl/amp/
    If he’s there in 4th round I’d be shocked, I’m no mel kiper but I’m guessing 3rd possibly late second. We shall soon find out.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    If he’s there in 4th round I’d be shocked, I’m no mel kiper but I’m guessing 3rd possibly late second. We shall soon find out.
    I have seen at least a couple analysts say Mond's game will make him a better pro than college QB. His ceiling is franchise QB, his floor being quality backup. Everything depends on the player though, of course.

when this was originally posted he was a day 3 guy , he has steadily moved up boards based on SR bowl practices and his play during the game ( MVP ) and now his pro day work out being very very good from all accounts

he likely is a day 2 prospect now

as a side note he is my favorite QB in this draft , like Mahomes was a few years back ...

he can do some Mahomes like things improv kind of guy , also a touch of Russel Wilson in there ...

not bad to have a couple guys skillset in you with those sort of accomplishments

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Stone Forsythe / OT / Florida

AML

Quote Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
    Stone Forsythe / OT / Florida
    This OT can be the annual MAC draft pick:

Jaylon Moore OT W.Mich, 6'4"-311lbs. https://www.profootballnetwork.com/j...ensive-tackle/

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    This OT can be the annual MAC draft pick:

Jaylon Moore OT W.Mich, 6'4"-311lbs. https://www.profootballnetwork.com/j...ensive-tackle/

Interesting name bud. I've seen him rated a 5th round pick, but I'm thinking some team may grab him a little earlier and stick him inside.

I would not mind at all if we got him in a later round

AML

We talked up several prospects. Alas, none became Steelers.