Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Superbowl discussion thread

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Superbowl discussion thread

Okay let's chat this thing up.

Unfortunately either AB or Bell is wining a ring. At this point I'd rather it be Bell since he's not a complete mental case and it means Brady doesn't get #7.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: Superbowl discussion thread

I can't stand the idea of a Chiefs dynasty. So I'm Bucs all the way.

Senior Member Array title="crcsnail has a spectacular aura about"> crcsnail's Avatar

Don’t want Brady to get number 7. Don’t want Brown to get his first.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Rather see Chiefs than Bucs. Bell over Brown. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I think the Chiefs win. I think it will be a very good game for most of it with the Chiefs pulling away late.

I like the Bucs defense but for the most part it relies heavily on pass rush. The Chiefs offense is perfectly set up to exploit that approach. Plus chasing those speedy weapons and Mahomes wears defenses down and runs them over late in games.

Tom Brady CAN take over games with his arm too so I'm not 100% on the Chiefs, but I will go 90%-10% Chiefs win back to back.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Fucc the Buccs.

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

I would rather see KC win then Brady and the Bucs.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Chiefs fans are already chirping. Makes sense... because they were Taperiots fans for the past 20 years, and Cowboys fans before that. (I did not mention which bandwagon they were on in the 80s... because, I’m assuming they weren’t born yet.) Plus, I HATE Tyreek Hill.

I hate that Brady cheated his way to a few of those championships in New England. He will ALWAYS have a asterisk next to his name. That said, the Buccaneers themselves have had about as bad of a go at it as the Browns, Bills, and other teams with loyal fanbases.

SUMMATION:
    Loyal fans over bandwagoners

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Chiefs fans are already chirping. Makes sense... because they were Taperiots fans for the past 20 years, and Cowboys fans before that. (I did not mention which bandwagon they were on in the 80s... because, I’m assuming they weren’t born yet.) Plus, I HATE Tyreek Hill.

I hate that Brady cheated his way to a few of those championships in New England. He will ALWAYS have a asterisk next to his name. That said, the Buccaneers themselves have had about as bad of a go at it as the Browns, Bills, and other teams with loyal fanbases.

SUMMATION:
    Loyal fans over bandwagoners
    Of course Brady didn't cheat his way to any Lombardi's. His coach was trying to steal a few signals and gather any other kind of information he could by filming the opposing teams sideline. Big deal. That kind of thing has been going on since the Athenians fought the Spartans and long before.

As for who wins? While I'd like to see Brady get another ring because it's so improbable for one guy to get 7 rings, the Chiefs will win.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

I hate Tom Brady and will never root for him. If he ever signed with the Steelers I would stop being a fan, no joke.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tom444 View Post
    Of course Brady didn't cheat his way to any Lombardi's. His coach was trying to steal a few signals and gather any other kind of information he could by filming the opposing teams sideline. Big deal. That kind of thing has been going on since the Athenians fought the Spartans and long before.
    I'm not saying he didn't do, let's just say... I understand.
    --Chris Rock

I'm not saying he didn't do, let's just say... I understand.
    --Chris Rock

Red Auerbach: "Larry Bird would kill you to win at badminton."

Lets just say Brady has the same attitude. Although I should make this clear, I have more respect for Larry Bird.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

There are a TON of loyal KC fans. Has been one of the best home venues, win or lose, for decades.

I'm pulling for the Chiefs because I like watching their style of football better.

Although, Tampa's D is fun to watch as well. David and White are such a headache for offenses. Plus JPP pass rushing with his claw hand makes me giggle.

Quote Originally Posted by tom444 View Post

Red Auerbach: "Larry Bird would kill you to win at badminton."

Lets just say Brady has the same attitude. Although I should make this clear, I have more respect for Larry Bird.
    Here's a related story.

John Elway had a foosball table at his house. Everyone who came over "had" to play against him, and cutting to the chase: Elway was undefeated on it. Then, one day, he lost... and so, he threw the table off of the balcony.

SUMMATION:
    Some guys (especially QBs) are ultra-competitive.

Here's a related story.

John Elway had a foosball table at his house. Everyone who came over "had" to play against him, and cutting to the chase: Elway was undefeated on it. Then, one day, he lost... and so, he threw the table off of the balcony.

SUMMATION:
    That's a perfect example. That's what makes these guys who they are. You mix enough athletic ability with the intense need to win, or not lose, and you have an Elway, or a Brady, or a Bird. Even Big Ben with his refusal to go down.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Here's a related story.

SUMMATION:
    Here's a story. AB threw his couch over the balcony just because it was Tuesday

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

With Covid travel restriction does it make Tampa's "home" game even more valuable. I actually could see Arians out coaching big red and big red having MaHomes pull it out anyhow.

Andy hasn't gotten any better at coaching he just has the pure luck to have Patrick on the field.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

I can't stand Brady and, he seems still very smug to me. So go KC.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by steel striker View Post
    I can't stand Brady and, he seems still very smug to me. So go KC.
    I’m with you, but I’ll add AB and BA to the can’t stand list.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

A barber who recently cut the hair of two Chiefs players received a positive test result for COVID-19 on Sunday, per sources, leading to receiver Demarcus Robinson and center Daniel Kilgore landing on the reserve/COVID-19 list Monday, six days before Super Bowl LV.

Neither Robinson nor Kilgore has tested positive and all parties were masked during the encounters, lowering the chance of transmission, sources say. But given the duration and proximity, both were deemed high-risk close contacts of the barber and had to be placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list.

If Robinson and Kilgore continue to test negative, both will be eligible to return to the Chiefs' active roster in time to face the Buccaneers prior to Sunday, though they won't be able to practice before the weekend because of the mandatory five-day isolation period. The Chiefs aren't traveling to Tampa until Saturday.

https://www.nfl.com/news/two-chiefs-...-covid-19-test

Bettis/Bradshaw Super Bowl Commercial

https://youtu.be/YsA8dNubLZ0

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post

Wonder if Bradshaw did his own stunt. Montana and Rice not letting Aikman play was pretty funny.

My biggest question is...

Will Daft Punk be onstage with The Weeknd?

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post

Rice and Montana not letting Aikman play lol

Go Chiefs

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Hoping for a classic. Hard to bet against the GOAT but Mahomes is special and it's a legacy game for him. If he doesn't beat Brady, the chances of being the future GOAT probably gets throw out of the window.

Bell or Brown? who cares?? They are irrelevant.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 4. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. Ryan Watts, S, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Hoping for a classic. Hard to bet against the GOAT but Mahomes is special and it's a legacy game for him. If he doesn't beat Brady, the chances of being the future GOAT probably gets throw out of the window.

Bell or Brown? who cares?? They are irrelevant.
    Could be where to torch is passed. Tom does have experience on his side, but right now it's hard to bet against Mahomes, he's the best right now. He also proved last year that the stage isn't too big for him.

Though Tom does have something going for him, the Bucs have a really good defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Could be where to torch is passed. Tom does have experience on his side, but right now it's hard to bet against Mahomes, he's the best right now. He also proved last year that the stage isn't too big for him.

Though Tom does have something going for him, the Bucs have a really good defense.
    Screw that!! Torch is going to be thrown over Mahomes’ head to whomever the Steelers next QB is...

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I can't stand the idea of a Chiefs dynasty. So I'm Bucs all the way.
    I can't stand the thought of either one of them winning the SB. F*** both of them!

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I feel differently about this than most of you apparently. This is historic. As a sports fan this game has very real historic significance. Sorry Bell and AB are involved but this game is not about them. It's about a QB making his 10th appearance in the SB at 700 years old. It's about the passing of the proverbial torch from one generation to the next. This one game has many layers to it and I also think it's going to be a GREAT GAME. I was never a fan of Montana, Aikman, Elway, Kelly, or even Marino when they all played. But I was able to enjoy watching great players play a game I love to watch. This is going to be fun for me. I'm sorry some of you won't have the same experience.