Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Superbowl discussion thread

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: Superbowl discussion thread

The Chiefs have spent the majority of their salary cap on just three players: Mahomes, Kelce, and The Beater. People are always wondering “How can they keep those three players???” Well, the answer is: at the expense of other positions.

As I’ve stated for a decade: having a young, talented QB on his rookie contract is the easiest way to field a competitive team. Because, once the QB starts getting paid, you start to lose other players.

Ben from 2004-2008
    Russell Wilson from 2012-2015
    Tom Brady having a billionaire wife.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    The Chiefs have spent the majority of their salary cap on just three players: Mahomes, Kelce, and The Beater. People are always wondering “How can they keep those three players???” Well, the answer is: at the expense of other positions.

As I’ve stated for a decade: having a young, talented QB on his rookie contract is the easiest way to field a competitive team. Because, once the QB starts getting paid, you start to lose other players.

Ben from 2004-2008
    Russell Wilson from 2012-2015
    Tom Brady having a billionaire wife.
    Brady never took a discount that I remember. Big thing that worked for them was always churning good enough wr, rb and lineman. All which look better with Brady throwing the ball. Gronk maybe the only guy to get a real payday from the hoodie

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    Brady never took a discount that I remember. Big thing that worked for them was always churning good enough wr, rb and lineman. All which look better with Brady throwing the ball. Gronk maybe the only guy to get a real payday from the hoodie

Brady has been playing for $20 million (or less) for a while. For example, his contract in 2010 was four years $72 million. Then, in 2013, he signed a three-year $27 million extension; that’s $7 million per season. () In 2016, he extended for two years for $41 million.

He actually got a raise by going to Tampa.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

This game really destroyed the narrative that mobile QB’s are the way of the future. Mahomes was miserable.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Brady has been playing for $20 million (or less) for a while. For example, his contract in 2010 was four years $72 million. Then, in 2013, he signed a three-year $27 million extension; that’s $7 million per season. () In 2016, he extended for two years for $41 million.

He actually got a raise by going to Tampa.
    Technically he played 2010-2016 at 99 million. So I guess that's a discount, probably Average top ten QB pay now is close to 25-30 mil? But a quick Google says the franchise tag for those years is like an average 15 mil .

Like ben's deals hiding new money in bonuses with reduced salary, but total value over life of the deal still pretty good.

Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    This game really destroyed the narrative that mobile QB’s are the way of the future. Mahomes was miserable.
    Idk he hit kelce in the hands while being tackled, he hit some wr in the facemask while leaping sideways to keep the play alive .

Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Anyone notice how bad Wisniewski was...yikes...

May not have been a bad cut after all.

Lol
    True, but could have played center better than Hassenauer. Derwin Gray played guard better than Hassenauer, but in the end....Hossenfeffer was still on the squad.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Did anybody get an idea of what Brady said to the Honeybadger?

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post

Don't know, but Brady and Gronk seem much happier in TB than they were in NE.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    This may sound weird, but I really think we, the Steelers that started the season without all the injuries on defense, matched up much better against Tampa then KC did. I think our defense would have gotten to Brady much better than KC's did. I'm not saying we win, but I think we could have.
    I was thinking that the team that started the season matched up great against both of those teams...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

True, but could have played center better than Hassenauer. Derwin Gray played guard better than Hassenauer, but in the end....Hossenfeffer was still on the squad.
    True...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I was thinking that the team that started the season matched up great against both of those teams...
    I would go back to the first 4 games at the Start of the Steelers season and re watch them. Giants, Broncos, Texans, Eagles. Steelers really didnt play well against 4 teams that had a combined 19 wins the entire season.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Yawn the race card again. I'm sure he gave him a noose and was wearing a MAGA hat as well, Jussie Mathieu. The guy has played over 20 years in this league, I'm sure if he was a racist it would have been exposed at some point in those 20+ years. It's so funny that Mathieu can talk smack but can't take it back. He got burned and lost, grow up Mathieu.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Come on, if you could choose Boston or Tampa Bay where would you live?

Warm, cheap taxes, no state income tax, no crazy leftists asking to tear down Abe Lincoln statues or Boston.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Darth Bellicheat or Open up the trunk and Tailgate B.A.?

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

The 2 best parts of the super bowl were
    1. Sleepy joe getting booed
    2. The george constanza hoodie commercial

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    The 2 best parts of the super bowl were
    1. Sleepy joe getting booed
    2. The george constanza hoodie commercial
    I went to bed at halftime.

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    Yawn the race card again. I'm sure he gave him a noose and was wearing a MAGA hat as well, Jussie Mathieu. The guy has played over 20 years in this league, I'm sure if he was a racist it would have been exposed at some point in those 20+ years. It's so funny that Mathieu can talk smack but can't take it back. He got burned and lost, grow up Mathieu.

- - - Updated - - -

Come on, if you could choose Boston or Tampa Bay where would you live?

Warm, cheap taxes, no state income tax, no crazy leftists asking to tear down Abe Lincoln statues or Boston.

Seems like Brady apologised for whatever was said.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...or-trash-talk/