Thread: Steelers Interviewing Hue Jackson For OC Position

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Steelers Interviewing Hue Jackson For OC Position

Despite a reported leader in the clubhouse, the Pittsburgh Steelers are doing their due diligence when it comes to finding their new offensive coordinator. The team met with longtime NFL coach Hue Jackson to discuss their vacant coordinator position earlier this week, according to ESPN's Dianna Russini. The news comes several days after it was reported that Matt Canada is expected to be named the Steelers' next offensive coordinator after the team did not renew Randy Fichtner's contract earlier this month.

Jackson, 55, has spent 12 of his 18 seasons in the NFL in the AFC North division. After breaking into the league with Washington, Jackson served as the Cincinnati Bengals' receivers coach from 2004-06. He served as Joe Flacco's quarterbacks coach in Baltimore for the 2008-09 seasons.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/s...er-report/amp/

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Drvlspwr Array title="Steel Peon has a reputation beyond repute"> Steel Peon's Avatar

Re: Steelers Interviewing Hue Jackson For OC Position

Uh oh, this isn't a good sign... I used to call this guy Hue Jassclown... I hope I was wrong.
    “They say you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone. So I got rid of everything to see what I had.” ~ Steven Wright

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Also
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

Rooney rule?

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Also
    I like the Pep Hamilton interview. Good they are looking at more than just Canada, but sad they looked at Hue Jackson. That guy seems like a piece of crap.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    I like the Pep Hamilton interview. Good they are looking at more than just Canada, but sad they looked at Hue Jackson. That guy seems like a piece of crap.
    I can usually step back from stuff and kinda see what the Steelers or another NFL team were thinking. But on this one (Hue Jackson interview)...I got nothing.

Maybe Tomlin likes/respects him and wanted to hear what he had to say and do Jackson the solid of getting his name back out there in circulation? There are a number of staffs still being put together and more vacancies will come over the next weeks. So...an interview with a "respected" franchise gets Jackson back on the merry-go-round? Or, the only other thing I got is that Old Ben and Mason R play more like Andy Dalton than anything else...so hire the guy who had a hand in making that work? But I can't remember if those Bengals offenses were any good and if I even have the time frame right...

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Just say no to Hue Jass...

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Not gonna lie. When Haley was shown the door, I was interested in Hue as an OC.

Hue reminds me of Norv Turner. Great offensive mind, molder of young QBs... but, probably two of the WORST head coaches in NFL history.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Report: Titans to interview Pep Hamilton for OC job

Mike Moraitis
    January 23, 2021

As expected, the Tennessee Titans are already exploring their options to replace former offensive coordinator Arthur Smith, who recently became the head coach of the Atlanta Falcons.

Among the options they’re reportedly considering is Los Angeles Chargers quarterbacks coach Pep Hamilton.

According to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport and Tom Pelissero, Tennessee is set to interview Hamilton in the coming days. However, it appears the Titans will have some competition, as Hamilton is also set to interview with the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Hamilton has become a hot name for coordinator jobs this offseason, especially after the meteoric rise of rookie Chargers quarterback Justin Herbert, who exploded onto the scene in 2020.

Hamilton already has experience as an offensive coordinator in the NFL, as he served as the Indianapolis Colts’ from 2013 to 2015.

As far as interviews for offensive coordinators go, this is the first that has been reported for the Titans since they lost Smith.

https://titanswire.usatoday.com/2021...on-for-oc-job/