Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Reports: Former Washington QB Dwayne Haskins To Visit Steelers

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Re: Reports: Former Washington QB Dwayne Haskins To Visit Steelers

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    I agree, he's also the most argumentative guy you have ever met. teegre and I would catch him defending both sides of the argument.

he posted under the name of DODENS GRAV, total prick.
    I recall dodens grav defending his position that Mewelde Moore was the best RB in the NFL due to his DVOA ranking(sp?). It was back around 2007 I recall. The guy didnt know squat about football.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    I recall dodens grav defending his position that Mewelde Moore was the best RB in the NFL due to his DVOA ranking(sp?). It was back around 2007 I recall. The guy didnt know squat about football.
    Was that on Steelers Fever? I don't remember him.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I think it was. He hung on that Mewelde Moore argument because of stats, when nobody would ever have stated he was in the top 20 in the NFL.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lipps83 View Post
    Haven't really seen this kid play. Any upside to his talent?
    No.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Yep, he loved him some MeMo, that guy . . .

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    Yep, he loved him some MeMo, that guy . . .
    Ok... btw I was originally PhillySteel on there when I lived in Philly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    No.
    I’m gonna take that to mean he’s going to be All-Pro.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m gonna take that to mean he’s going to be All-Pro.
    No surprise you would think he will be an All-pro.
    Hater = Realist

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I agree, he's also the most argumentative guy you have ever met. teegre and I would catch him defending both sides of the argument.

he posted under the name of DODENS GRAV, total prick.
    I don’t remember that name...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Some highlights from 2019 game vs Detroit.

Here is Dan Orlovsky going thru a couple plays with Haskins (2019 pre draft) from his college film, on Get Up. Seems to understand his reads, progressions and how to move defenders with his eyes.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Some highlights from 2019 game vs Detroit.
    I hope the Steelers picking him up does wonders for both the Steelers, Haskins and most of all the fans!

The kid surely has some R1 tools and looks good for not having much college experience.

No surprise you would think he will be an All-pro.
    Only based on your evaluation. The opposite must be true.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Only based on your evaluation. The opposite must be true.
    Wouldn't put any stock in what dude says. He has repeatedly admitted that he rarely watches all of the Steelers games and doesn't watch other NFL games. So how would he know anything to base his opinion on?

He heard something on the radio or read a hot take on the internet and decided that is his opinion.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Wouldn't put any stock in what dude says. He has repeatedly admitted that he rarely watches all of the Steelers games and doesn't watch other NFL games. So how would he know anything to base his opinion on?

He heard something on the radio or read a hot take on the internet and decided that is his opinion.
    he read a Mark Madden article.

he read a Mark Madden article.
    He heard an opinion of somebody that read a Mark Madden article.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

He heard an opinion of somebody that read a Mark Madden article.
    perhaps Steeldude is Mark Madden's source?

Steelers sign QB Dwayne Haskins (1 year): B+ Grade

Dwayne Haskins was an utter failure as the Redskins' first-round pick, as he didn't even last two seasons with his team. He has too much natural talent to not be on an NFL roster at the moment, however, so the Steelers have decided to take a chance on him with a 1-year deal.

Haskins has been abysmal thus far, but he's 23 and still possesses plenty of upside. It makes sense for the Steelers to take a chance on him, given that they don't have a successor for Ben Roethlisberger at the moment. Mason Rudolph and Joshua Dobbs aren't the answers, obviously, and while Haskins may not be either, there's a small chance he can still turn into a viable quarterback.

https://walterfootball.com/freeagentsigninggrades.php

Haskins has been abysmal thus far”

I really couldn’t disagree more. He actually had some good games.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

If you read Haskins draft year reports, they sound like a cross of the reports on Fields and Newman for this year.

So a 23 year old guy with that physical talent for nothing but a roster spot to see if you can help him pull his head out of his ass?

I can't come up with why you WOULDN'T take that chance?

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

If you read Haskins draft year reports, they sound like a cross of the reports on Fields and Newman for this year.

So a 23 year old guy with that physical talent for nothing but a roster spot to see if you can help him pull his head out of his ass?

I can't come up with why you WOULDN'T take that chance?
    absolutely NOTHING to lose but some time invested to see if you can fix his maturity level to some degree ... this is a 23 year old kid ( a very young man ) who here had never done something dumb at 23 my guess would be nobody will make that claim and if they do my next guess is they are lying
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I never did anything sophomoric at 23.

I have the scars to prove it.

(I once skateboarded down Nautilus Street in La Jolla... “once” being the operative word.)

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I never did anything sophomoric at 23.

I have the scars to prove it.

(I once skateboarded down Nautilus Street in La Jolla... “once” being the operative word.)
    on a skateboard I once raced some friends down Mt. Haleakala.

I was winning until I came around a bend and saw cattle grating about 20 yards in front of me dividing the street. going at full speed, I had a choice of jumping off onto the concrete or hitting the grating.

neither one was a good choice...

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

on a skateboard I once raced some friends down Mt. Haleakala.

I was winning until I came around a bend and saw cattle grating about 20 yards in front of me dividing the street. going at full speed, I had a choice of jumping off onto the concrete or hitting the grating.

neither one was a good choice...
    Indeed

I made it down safely, but threw my hands in the air in the victory formation... and fell.

Similar story. We had seen the movie TeenWolf, and decided to roof surf. We found an empty parking lot, I got on top of my buddy’s Supra, and everything was good until he turned. Road rash galore. The funny thing is... I was the SECOND person to get thrown from off of the car. Yep... I didn’t learn my lesson by watching my friend get thrown 15 feet. Nope. I decided to climb on top and enjoy the road rash myself.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

I usually like to stay on topic but I have to tell a sophomoric “thing” on myself. Occasionally friends and would climb in my Vega (I know), and drive out on the cart path (at night), of our local golf course, ( lights off), stop at the seventh hole, (par 3), turn on the headlights and proceed to have a closest to the pin competition. The day after one such outing, I asked one of my friends if he knew where the green streak on the side of my car came from.......He said, “Yep, the ball washer on number 3”. I think that qualifies.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

My list of stupid things that I did when I was young is too long to list here. I somehow survived, didn't kill anyone, and wasn't put in prison for anything.

I turned out fairly OK, and became a reasonably responsible adult.

This is why I am always willing to give young guys a chance to redeem themselves. If they get a couple chances and don't take advantage, that's on them and I'm OK with writing them off. But young people can turn it around and I believe they should be given that opportunity.

Dwayne Haskins Thrilled To Be A Steeler, Happy To Learn From Ben Roethlisberger

By Alex Kozora
    Posted on March 10, 2021

Hopefully a fresh start is what QB Dwayne Haskins needs. After flaming out as a first-round pick in Washington, the Pittsburgh Steelers signed him to a futures contract this offseason. He’ll come into Pittsburgh not as the face of the franchise as he was before but as their #3 QB competing for a job.

And Haskins is happy for the second chance.

to read rest of article:

https://steelersdepot.com/2021/03/dw...oethlisberger/

Says the liberal who is told how to think.

"He has repeatedly admitted that he rarely watches all of the Steelers games"

Lying like a typical liberal. Standard.
    Hater = Realist

Says the liberal who is told how to think.

"He has repeatedly admitted that he rarely watches all of the Steelers games"

Lying like a typical liberal. Standard.
    Are you really going to make me comb through the archives of this very site and find at least one posting where you wax nostalgic about how the NFL used to be better and you use the fact that you don't watch most other NFL teams at all and do not consistently watch 100% of the Steelers anymore to underscore your point?

It will take me this side of forever to find them, but I know they are there.

But I'm just a low IQ liberal, so what do I know?

Are you really going to make me comb through the archives of this very site and find at least one posting where you wax nostalgic about how the NFL used to be better and you use the fact that you don't watch most other NFL teams at all and do not consistently watch 100% of the Steelers anymore to underscore your point?

It will take me this side of forever to find them, but I know they are there.

But I'm just a low IQ liberal, so what do I know?
    Please comb. It makes the forum so much funner.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Please comb. It makes the forum so much funner.
    I’m on the edge of my seat! funny thing is I was combing through old posts for similar situation and gave up. very tedious work.