Page 21 of 58 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to day 1 of the illegitimate U.S. government, make your predictions here

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Re: Welcome to day 1 of the illegitimate U.S. government, make your predictions here

Sooner or later you run out of other people's money.

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Re: Welcome to day 1 of the illegitimate U.S. government, make your predictions here

this forum is hiliarous

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Oh no! $60 dollars a month more! Dear lord, better start seeing what relatives I can move in with when I become destitute.

As to the Reagan stuff...at least get your facts straight:

"Reagan's last two Gallup job approval ratings before he left office were 57% in mid-November and 63% in December 1988. The highest job approval rating of the Reagan administration was 68% -- reached twice, in May 1981 and as previously indicated, in May 1986. As noted, the low point was 35% in January 1983."

"Reagan was not an extraordinarily well-regarded president during his eight years in office. He averaged a 53% job approval rating during his presidency, slightly below average for all U.S. presidents for which Gallup has recorded job approval ratings."

https://news.gallup.com/poll/11887/r...ll-review.aspx

Reagan was deified after he left office in order to prop-up the GOP constructs of small-government, supply-side economics, and hawkish foreign policy. Plus, he is the last GOP politician that could give a stirring speech, so everyone likes to quote him. City on a hill and all that...

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Oh no! $60 dollars a month more! Dear lord, better start seeing what relatives I can move in with when I become destitute.

As to the Reagan stuff...at least get your facts straight:

"Reagan's last two Gallup job approval ratings before he left office were 57% in mid-November and 63% in December 1988. The highest job approval rating of the Reagan administration was 68% -- reached twice, in May 1981 and as previously indicated, in May 1986. As noted, the low point was 35% in January 1983."

"Reagan was not an extraordinarily well-regarded president during his eight years in office. He averaged a 53% job approval rating during his presidency, slightly below average for all U.S. presidents for which Gallup has recorded job approval ratings."

https://news.gallup.com/poll/11887/r...ll-review.aspx

Reagan was deified after he left office in order to prop-up the GOP constructs of small-government, supply-side economics, and hawkish foreign policy. Plus, he is the last GOP politician that could give a stirring speech, so everyone likes to quote him. City on a hill and all that...
    Yes yes, we know. America sucks, America has always sucked, anything positive that you think happened actually didn't, and was probably racist. Now here is a random selection of irrelevant facts, look at how many facts I know. I find it just hilarious. Look, I'm laughing, see? Ha-ha!

I mean look, there is a reason we look at you as a hopeless case. You must have spent YEARS - elapsed time, not calendar time - constructing your cocoon of orthodoxy in which everything conforms to a single shitty theory and everyone else is wrong and miserable. Digging through reams of facts to cherry-pick and clownishly misrepresent; revising and deliberately misinterpreting history so that everything is bad; pursuing an endless list of imagined grievances and hopeless absurdities. And it needs constant maintenance to keep the illusion from dissipating, and in ever-increasing amounts the more idiocies get piled on.

The big question is why? Why would you choose to do this with your life? In the amount of time and effort it must take keeping yourself smug and angry, and convinced that everything is miserable, you probably could have become a bad ass guitar player, or learned a couple languages, or made some really useful mobile app. What's the appeal? Why do this? To normal people, it just looks like you're malfunctioning. Asking for all of us who are genuinely curious.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

If someone can not be bothered to get simple facts correct, why should myself, or anyone, trust that whatever follows from that has an basis in reality?

Never said America sucks...that's just your easy way out of ever having to have a fact based conversation or open-minded exchange of differing opinions.

Just play the "I'm offended and angry" tune over and over again. Also, when did normal get defined as whatever you say? How are you determining what the normative position is on any issue?

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Says the guy who swallowed every liberal conspiracy theory hook line and sinker.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

If someone can not be bothered to get simple facts correct, why should myself, or anyone, trust that whatever follows from that has an basis in reality?

Never said America sucks...that's just your easy way out of ever having to have a fact based conversation or open-minded exchange of differing opinions.

Just play the "I'm offended and angry" tune over and over again. Also, when did normal get defined as whatever you say? How are you determining what the normative position is on any issue?
    See, the thing is, I don't really have any facts incorrect; you just come out with a bunch of random facts that nobody asked for, slap them together into whatever counts gor an argument in your hopelessly tunnel-visioned mind, and strut around like you won. It's about as impressive as some guy who doesn't know how to play the piano coming out on stage, mashing a bunch of discordant keys for a few minutes, and saying he played a symphony. Nobody in the audience is a concert pianist themselves, but they don't need to be in order to tell this guy's a fucking joke.

It really isn't thst "normal" is defined as whatever I say it is ... it's that time and again, you have loudly and vocally shown yourself to be so far out in la-la land that no one can take you seriously. I don't need to be the universal standard for normal, I just need to be less of a screeching lunatic than you. So really just about anyone is a better judge of normal than you.

Anyway, you still never answered the question. What do you get out of it all? What's your purpose? Scoring imaginary brownie points in your own head? Earning the respect of the least intelligent? Are you waiting for the rapture where Liberal Jesus only saves the true believers? Why do you cling to this doctrine so hard?
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Woohoo $60 more that will surely drag people out of poverty. They can buy a half of tank of gas to get back and fourth to work.
    While the price of everything doubles under the genius pedo joe administration. Really doing a great service to the poor.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post
    Woohoo $60 more that will surely drag people out of poverty. They can buy a half of tank of gas to get back and fourth to work.
    While the price of everything doubles under the genius pedo joe administration. Really doing a great service to the poor.
    Well, a cultist like that will of course be deliberately obtuse, and try to ridicule you for complaining about $60 a month, as if that's the issue, not that the government already takes 50% of your income, and is incredibly wasteful with it.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Tax rate hasn't been over 50% since...checks notes...the Reagan administration....welp...look at that....

Also...if your making $75-100K/year and $60 bucks in a given month will "lift you out of poverty"....well then you likely have a serious problem unrelated to federal tax policy.

Talk about clueless.....totally lost like a liberal after they read the constitution.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

https://youtu.be/phAk-3CB6vI

some of you actually support this fool!

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post
    Talk about clueless.....totally lost like a liberal after they read the constitution.
    Remember, I have less than a 110 IQ. It is hard for me to understand complex concepts. I am hoping to find an annotated copy of the Constitution somewhere. That way I can have help with the difficult parts - all those articles, sections, and clauses - so much to keep straight!

Tax rate hasn't been over 50% since...checks notes...the Reagan administration....welp...look at that....

Also...if your making $75-100K/year and $60 bucks in a given month will "lift you out of poverty"....well then you likely have a serious problem unrelated to federal tax policy.
    You think federal income tax is the only way that the government takes your money? What a maroon. See, I told you you weren't too smart.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Nothing to directly do with the vegetable in the White House or his Hyena sidekick but still too funny not to post, a great "What did you think was gonna happen morons" video

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    You think federal income tax is the only way that the government takes your money? What a maroon. See, I told you you weren't too smart.
    Like I said clueless.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Well...since the part the original linked article was talking about was the potential changes to the federal income tax...i made the small-brained assumption that was what we were talking about. But...since you are certain to enlighten my feeble grasping attempts at understanding the complexities of how the world works, I will await my detailed education.

Well...since the part the original linked article was talking about was the potential changes to the federal income tax...i made the small-brained assumption that was what we were talking about. But...since you are certain to enlighten my feeble grasping attempts at understanding the complexities of how the world works, I will await my detailed education.
    Man, small-brained is right! How about this so that even the slowest apes can understand:

"Through various taxes and fees, half your income goes to the government, if not more. If this does not immediately strike you as completely insane, you are some kind of drooling idiot. If you actually view this as a reasonable starting point from which to complain that more needs to be done, anyone is not paying their 'fair share,' etc., and that the problem is not that the government is far too big and has its hand in far too many pots ... then you are not a very serious person and all you deserve is ridicule."
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

Man, small-brained is right! How about this so that even the slowest apes can understand:

"Through various taxes and fees, half your income goes to the government, if not more. If this does not immediately strike you as completely insane, you are some kind of drooling idiot. If you actually view this as a reasonable starting point from which to complain that more needs to be done, anyone is not paying their 'fair share,' etc., and that the problem is not that the government is far too big and has its hand in far too many pots ... then you are not a very serious person and all you deserve is ridicule."
    I don't know where that comes from but I know less than 50% of my income goes to the government.
    Last edited by willy; 06-28-2021 at 11:36 AM.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by willy View Post
    I don't know where that comes from but I know less than 50% of my income goes to the government.
    some people like to be overly dramatic i guess

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by willy View Post
    I just thought I forgot how to do math. I guess if you add federal and state and property tax and insurance fees and anything else you can think of...maybe you get close(r) to that number?

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    some people like to be overly dramatic i guess
    Kind of noticed that too huh?

Complaining about taxes, Tilting at Windmills. Same stuff.

I just thought I forgot how to do math. I guess if you add federal and state and property tax and insurance fees and anything else you can think of...maybe you get close(r) to that number?
    it's because you didn't quite make the cut for the 102 IQ club

it's because you didn't quite make the cut for the 102 IQ club
    That is almost certainly it. Really hard to tell since I am not clever enough to reason this all out!

I'm paying an effective tax rate of about 27% and I live in a state that has higher income taxes than average. In my state you could have 10M of annual income and your effective tax rate would be not even 50% yet (close but not quite). So if you're really getting taxed at 50% then you must be balling out of control, what the hell are you doing on this message board? I'd be too busy hanging out at the playboy mansion

I'm paying an effective tax rate of about 27% and I live in a state that has higher income taxes than average. In my state you could have 10M of annual income and your effective tax rate would be not even 50% yet (close but not quite). Steelreserve is a millionaire i guess?
    Ahhh....but it is "...various taxes and fees..." so likely you and I simply aren't clear-sighted enough to see through the liberal brainwashing and add up all the times Uncle Sam dips into our pockets.

Also, common core math was invented to keep people from being able to properly add up percentages so no one would ever know how much $$$ those scheming liberals are taking from hard-working Americans.

Well, either you are all a bunch of really low income earners in red states that have low state and local taxes, and few regulations and fees, or else you just don't pay very much attention to all of the various ways in which your money ends up in the hands of the government. But it does look pretty stupid to sit around circle-jerking each other all day for being clueless.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Well, either you are all a bunch of really low income earners in red states that have low state and local taxes, and few regulations and fees, or else you just don't pay very much attention to all of the various ways in which your money ends up in the hands of the government. But it does look pretty stupid to sit around circle-jerking each other all day for being clueless.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Another option might be that some are rather high earners, that even with a higher tax rate, they still take home 6 figures after taxes and live rather comfortably.

My experience has been that its much easier for me to go out and earn more income than to hope somebody will reduce my taxes, if I complain enough.