Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to day 1 of the illegitimate U.S. government, make your predictions here

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Welcome to day 1 of the illegitimate U.S. government, make your predictions here

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    There is no way this keeps up for a whole four years. Something is going to break looooooong before then.
    Right. We're going to get tired of listening to your whiney nonsense and kick your puny little right-wing ass.

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Re: Welcome to day 1 of the illegitimate U.S. government, make your predictions here

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    when Biden wipes out up to 40,000 jobs with swipe of a pen we all have right to be angry, whatever race, gender or group associated with. Trump gone yet you haters still throw in race card. then again it’s never about the real issues like a measly 40,000 jobs gone. Its more about all the white privilege, racism, misogynists and anything else to deflect the real issue. Biden lied, thousands out of jobs.
    Everything they don't agree with is racist. Read through the different threads and who continually brings up race or plays the race card? The leftists. Remind me again who the real racists are.

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Just taking a moment to remind anyone who hasn't done it yet, that having Tom on ignore has got to be the best thing ever.

Like ... as an example, I have no idea what he just said right there, but it is probably one of the stupidest things you will read all day. But you don't even have to see it! You can just let him thrash around being angry and dumb in his own little box, and eventually it'll be time for his Zoom meeting for third-period math class, so he'll go away, having affected nothing.

You can do this too, with just one click of a button! It's highly recommended, and decrapifies your threads by an average of 40% Do it today!
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Just taking a moment to remind anyone who hasn't done it yet, that having Tom on ignore has got to be the best thing ever.

Like ... as an example, I have no idea what he just said right there, but it is probably one of the stupidest things you will read all day. But you don't even have to see it! You can just let him thrash around being angry and dumb in his own little box, and eventually it'll be time for his Zoom meeting for third-period math class, so he'll go away, having affected nothing.

You can do this too, with just one click of a button! It's highly recommended, and decrapifies your threads by an average of 40% Do it today!
    He's being an internet badass.
    We're going to get tired of listening to your whiney nonsense and kick your puny little right-wing ass.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post
    He's being an internet badass.
    Well, at least he's consistent. Seems a little more aggressive since the fake government began taking over, though, just like the rest of the liberals. I guess that's how people get when they know there's something really embarrassing to hide and they're trying to compensate.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    funny stuff, where’s the cartoon on thousands losing jobs with swipe of pen. Ironic that the union that represented these workers endorsed Joe. maybe all that lost jobs are white men who deserved for payback of white privilege. that’s the only reason I could think of for lack of outrage or reporting by media.

Yikes ... well, they do always say the left can't meme.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I'm still waiting for a Biden voter to tell me what he actually did other than mooch off the citizens for nearly 5 decades or a positive contribution he actually made

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    funny stuff, where’s the cartoon on thousands losing jobs with swipe of pen. Ironic that the union that represented these workers endorsed Joe. maybe all that lost jobs are white men who deserved for payback of white privilege. that’s the only reason I could think of for lack of outrage or reporting by media.
    Here's the thing...those "jobs" were going to be for a year or less. I am assuming everyone is somehow referencing the Keystone Pipeline. Once the Keystone Pipeline was built even the company that is going to run it acknowledges that it would only be employing about 35 permanent employees to run it (some of which would be in Canada). The other part is that roughly 10,000 of the "jobs" that are supposedly "lost" don't actually exist. No one for those positions has been hired, paid, or anything. They are hypothetical jobs forecast based on the pipeline even getting built. Despite Trump administration approval, the pipeline was mired in regulatory and licensing issues at the state level and exactly zero of the reported 10K union construction jobs in 2021 were being moved forward. There are currently 1,000 people that the company running the pipeline says they may lay-off in 2021 because of the current decision to yank Federal backing. However, no one from the company has clarified whether those jobs were "temp" positions or "permanent" ones.

Does any of the above mean that anyone has to be on board with the Biden administration's decision on the pipeline? No. But we should all at least have a conversation centered on the actual facts. Anyone losing their job is a bad thing - no amount of fancy talk or context can minimize that. But this seems a severe level of freak out by some based on "losing" "jobs" that no one has actually been hired to do and likely were not going to be hired for anytime soon due to state level licensing fights.

Here's the thing...those "jobs" were going to be for a year or less. I am assuming everyone is somehow referencing the Keystone Pipeline. Once the Keystone Pipeline was built even the company that is going to run it acknowledges that it would only be employing about 35 permanent employees to run it (some of which would be in Canada). The other part is that roughly 10,000 of the "jobs" that are supposedly "lost" don't actually exist. No one for those positions has been hired, paid, or anything. They are hypothetical jobs forecast based on the pipeline even getting built. Despite Trump administration approval, the pipeline was mired in regulatory and licensing issues at the state level and exactly zero of the reported 10K union construction jobs in 2021 were being moved forward. There are currently 1,000 people that the company running the pipeline says they may lay-off in 2021 because of the current decision to yank Federal backing. However, no one from the company has clarified whether those jobs were "temp" positions or "permanent" ones.

Does any of the above mean that anyone has to be on board with the Biden administration's decision on the pipeline? No. But we should all at least have a conversation centered on the actual facts. Anyone losing their job is a bad thing - no amount of fancy talk or context can minimize that. But this seems a severe level of freak out by some based on "losing" "jobs" that no one has actually been hired to do and likely were not going to be hired for anytime soon due to state level licensing fights.

Holy shit guys, we finally found out who it was based on!

See you Space Cowboy ...

Holy shit guys, we finally found out who it was based on!

I really wish my Mom would stop handing out that picture to all her gentleman callers! Take one bad photo on fourth grade and it follows you for the rest of your life!

Ha ha, of course you know what I said that's why you posted this. ^^^

- - - Updated - - -

I am assuming everyone is somehow referencing the Keystone Pipeline.
    I bet they have no idea what they're referencing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    I'm still waiting for a Biden voter to tell me what he actually did other than mooch off the citizens for nearly 5 decades or a positive contribution he actually made
    Yet he's been both VP and president.

Class:

Last edited by tom444; 01-22-2021 at 01:55 PM.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

She and the serial molester in the White House are a perfect pair

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

I did it about 8 months ago. It make reading threads tolerable again without all his completely NOT funny stupid looking pictures. The great thing is our responses probably trigger him and he quickly posts another stupid picture response and all I see is:

This message is hidden because tom444 is on your ignore list.
    View Post
    Remove user from ignore list

The only thing better would be if the site just didn't even bother showing me his blocked posts

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    I did it about 8 months ago. It make reading threads tolerable again without all his completely NOT funny stupid looking pictures. The great thing is our responses probably trigger him and he quickly posts another stupid picture response and all I see is:

The only thing better would be if the site just didn't even bother showing me his blocked posts

[/SIZE]
    Here's a clue for you: Steelreserve reads every post.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
    This is an example of what an aggrieved white person filled with extreme anger posts.
    He's probably a proud boy.
    Way to bring race into it, we know it's all you lefties have. The fact that 40,000 jobs going away overnight doesn't seem to bother you is scary. But hey, it wasn't YOUR job so let's just call anyone who disagrees a racist!

Do better.

Look I have no problem transitioning (KEY WORD) off of fossil fuels but you simply cannot cut 40,000 jobs overnight without having an actual platform to transition to or jobs for those people to do. Obama did this to the coal miners in 2008 and it led directly to Donald Trump in 2016. And when feeble Joe says, "If you can go into a coal mine, you can learn to computer code," is horrible. That's not a plan, that's an insult to assume everyone wants to be a computer programmer. Let's see Joe learn to code, or better yet his drug addict son.

This is the problem with the way the left deals with issues that ticks me off. The left says we have to immediately get off of fossil fuels but then also in the same breath trashes any bridge technologies like nuclear power. They think that solar, wind and magical unicorn GREEN farts can somehow provide us with power we currently use everyday. It's like Leonardo da Vinci in 1503 saying, "I think we will one day be able to fly", then just bypassing 400 years of inventing, trying and research on actual flying and assuming the Wright Brothers just magically made it work.

Yes nuclear power creates heavy water as waste but compared to other energies it is super clean, much easier to contain and deal with the waste. Remember the only thing coming out of the smoke stacks at nuclear plants is water vapor! It is 100% carbon neutral!

If they built modern nuclear power plants regionally and SLOWLY converted cars to electric most people would be fine with it. But they need to give up on the idea of charging stations that take hours to charge your car and make all electric vehicles have the ability to use standardized battery packs that could be swapped out in minutes. Then, SLOWLY over time, you create battery stations to replace gas stations with a parallel overlap so people have time to convert. Daily commuters could still plug in but people traveling farther would still be able to take trips with an electric car that didn't require you to tether yourself to a plug for 8 hours.

It's simple things like these steps that are just being skipped. Again simple baby steps.

Once you have an electric system like this in place then you move on to buildings by converting buildings to use Geothermal to heat/cool over conventional fossil fuels.

Nope, the Democrats plan ... ELIMINATE IT INSTANTLY with no transition and piss off 1/2 the electorate in the process. Then have people like FrancoLambert call anyone ticked off by it a racist and the country is divided and hates each other.

Of course one of the biggest problem with all of this is cost. Tesla's are ridiculous expensive. Geothermal is more expensive than conventional HVAC. If you really want people to switch to these new technologies then instead of giving complicated tax incentives just lower the cost of them. Stop giving money to foreign countries and re-invest it here to make manufacturing these new things possible at affordable prices. It's time we stop be so "global" and actually take the lead in the world again. I don't care about being Global I just don't want to foot the bill for other countries anymore until we fix ours!

Well there you have it, go find another job.
    Imagine the hysterical screeching if Trump did this on day 1.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Well there you have it, go find another job.
    Imagine the hysterical screeching if Trump did this on day 1.

Not sure this is valid since more jobs will disappear under his watch

...The fact that 40,000 jobs going away overnight doesn't seem to bother you is scary...
    I can't find anything that tells me what 40K jobs disappeared? I would like to read the actual details on it but have not been able to turn anything up. What is that number coming from and what jobs were they?

Way to bring race into it, we know it's all you lefties have. The fact that 40,000 jobs going away overnight doesn't seem to bother you is scary. But hey, it wasn't YOUR job so let's just call anyone who disagrees a racist!

Do better.

Look I have no problem transitioning (KEY WORD) off of fossil fuels but you simply cannot cut 40,000 jobs overnight without having an actual platform to transition to or jobs for those people to do. Obama did this to the coal miners in 2008 and it led directly to Donald Trump in 2016. And when feeble Joe says, "If you can go into a coal mine, you can learn to computer code," is horrible. That's not a plan, that's an insult to assume everyone wants to be a computer programmer. Let's see Joe learn to code, or better yet his drug addict son.

This is the problem with the way the left deals with issues that ticks me off. The left says we have to immediately get off of fossil fuels but then also in the same breath trashes any bridge technologies like nuclear power. They think that solar, wind and magical unicorn GREEN farts can somehow provide us with power we currently use everyday. It's like Leonardo da Vinci in 1503 saying, "I think we will one day be able to fly", then just bypassing 400 years of inventing, trying and research on actual flying and assuming the Wright Brothers just magically made it work.

Yes nuclear power creates heavy water as waste but compared to other energies it is super clean, much easier to contain and deal with the waste. Remember the only thing coming out of the smoke stacks at nuclear plants is water vapor! It is 100% carbon neutral!

If they built modern nuclear power plants regionally and SLOWLY converted cars to electric most people would be fine with it. But they need to give up on the idea of charging stations that take hours to charge your car and make all electric vehicles have the ability to use standardized battery packs that could be swapped out in minutes. Then, SLOWLY over time, you create battery stations to replace gas stations with a parallel overlap so people have time to convert. Daily commuters could still plug in but people traveling farther would still be able to take trips with an electric car that didn't require you to tether yourself to a plug for 8 hours.

It's simple things like these steps that are just being skipped. Again simple baby steps.

Once you have an electric system like this in place then you move on to buildings by converting buildings to use Geothermal to heat/cool over conventional fossil fuels.

Nope, the Democrats plan ... ELIMINATE IT INSTANTLY with no transition and piss off 1/2 the electorate in the process. Then have people like FrancoLambert call anyone ticked off by it a racist and the country is divided and hates each other.

Of course one of the biggest problem with all of this is cost. Tesla's are ridiculous expensive. Geothermal is more expensive than conventional HVAC. If you really want people to switch to these new technologies then instead of giving complicated tax incentives just lower the cost of them. Stop giving money to foreign countries and re-invest it here to make manufacturing these new things possible at affordable prices. It's time we stop be so "global" and actually take the lead in the world again. I don't care about being Global I just don't want to foot the bill for other countries anymore until we fix ours!
    As usual, all of the above is Democrats being so stupid that they think they can overpower nature.

First thinking they can overpower it accidentally by putting a small percentage of the carbon dioxide that originally existed into the atmosphere, back into the atmosphere ... then thinking they can overpower it again by cutting down a percentage of THAT small percentage.

Meanwhile, you can quite easily - but completely accurately - use that back-of-the-envelope math that they hate so much to figure out that even if you burned all the fossil fuels in the world, every last bit, all you are doing is restoring a fraction of previous carbon levels. Sure, you will probably have some effect on the climate, but it will be more like a few degrees over the next 600 years, while people adjust without even noticing as they rebuild and update things anyway ... not that sea level is going to rise 200 feet all at once ten years from now and it will be a disaster that displaces half the population and costs trillions. They just love to catastrophise everything, switching back and forth between various facts and time frames as it suits them. Absolutely no sense of context or perspective at all.

i would say clean energy is still a worthwhile goal for the sake of having less pollution in general, and what's holding that back is not how to generate it, but how to store it since it's less predictable (and also cost-effectiveness). As you said, that comes in time and with a lot of innovation. Leftists, much like the Soviets, think the way to do those kinds of things is to have the government brute-force it to a predetermined desired outcome. But what will really make it succeed or fail is not forcibly throwing money at expensive technology, but developing it in a way that's commercially viable and people want to use on their own.

Elon Musk just announced today that he's putting up a $100 million prize for whoever invents the most practical carbon capture technology - and I guarantee you that is going to be a thousand times more effective than whatever Biden wastes money on, or ignorant fools like Sandy Cortez threaten people with. In fact, that guy has already provided multiple model examples of how you can do something positive for society and make a lot of money doing it ... meanwhile, the brilliant liberal minds in government spend their time arguing over food stamps and whether men should be allowed in the women's bathroom.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

[QUOTE=Mach1;759896]
    Imagine the hysterical screeching if Trump did this on day 1.[QOTE]

Trump didn't have the balls.

I can't find anything that tells me what 40K jobs disappeared? I would like to read the actual details on it but have not been able to turn anything up. What is that number coming from and what jobs were they?
    The Keystone will cost around 11,000 directly. But the other fracking bans he signed in will account for the others. Again that's all you took out of that post?

How about the fact that we have NO viable "alternative" form of energy to switch to and yet we are still cutting off our noses. If we don't get the oil from Canada then where do you think it will come from. And we WILL still need oil.

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

It's being pulled out of their ass.

President Joe Biden spent his first day in the White House signing a spate of executive orders aimed at undoing the policies of the Trump administration. One of them sparked outrage on Facebook over its effect on American jobs.

On Jan. 20, Biden signed an order that revoked the permit for the construction of the Keystone XL pipeline. In a Facebook postpublished the same day, one user said the move would cost thousands of jobs.

"By revoking the Keystone pipeline permit, Biden is destroying 11,000 jobs and roughly $2 billion in wages," the post says. "Democrats couldn’t even get through Day 1 without killing jobs for middle class Americans."

The post was flagged as part of Facebook’s efforts to combat false news and misinformation on its News Feed. (Read more about our partnership with Facebook.)

We’ve seen several similar posts offer other figures for how many jobs were lost as a result of Biden’s executive order, ranging from 12,000 to 83,000. So we wanted to take a closer look.

TC Energy Corp., the Canadian company
    that owns the Keystone XL pipeline with the Alberta government
    , has said more than 1,000 people are out of work because of Biden’s executive order. The 11,000 and $2 billion figures cited in the Facebook post are estimates published by the company, but most of the jobs would be temporary.
    https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...ystone-xl-pip/

The Keystone will cost around 11,000 directly. But the other fracking bans he signed in will account for the others.
    That's an estimated number of temporary union jobs by the company that owns the pipeline in Canada.

The Keystone will cost around 11,000 directly. But the other fracking bans he signed in will account for the others. Again that's all you took out of that post?

How about the fact that we have NO viable "alternative" form of energy to switch to and yet we are still cutting off our noses. If we don't get the oil from Canada then where do you think it will come from. And we WILL still need oil.
    I mean if that fact isn't actually a fact...why should I assume you have anything else correct? A pipeline is not the only way to move oil or to turn Canadian sourced oil into things that US consumers want or need. It is just the cheapest one that politically connected company has loudly said they want to do.

Not refining Canadian oil in Texas or Oklahoma or wherever along the Gulf Coast doesn't make the oil disappear. It just makes it more expensive and logistically complicated to bring to market.

I mean if that fact isn't actually a fact...why should I assume you have anything else correct? A pipeline is not the only way to move oil or to turn Canadian sourced oil into things that US consumers want or need. It is just the cheapest one that politically connected company has loudly said they want to do.

Not refining Canadian oil in Texas or Oklahoma or wherever along the Gulf Coast doesn't make the oil disappear. It just makes it more expensive and logistically complicated to bring to market.
    Which brings the argument full circle ... What is the BENEFIT of canceling the project? It doesn't appear to help anything - environmentally, economically, or otherwise. It just makes them take the long way around to do the same thing that would happen anyway, so it's more difficult and more expensive.

I guess it's what a few screeching activist groups have been loudly demanding, but it's not like they're going to shut up either.

What it looks like is that they have, just for the sake of virtue signaling and sticking it to Trump, made everything worse for everybody. Over and over, we heard that no, that's just crazy talk - and yet here we are, it didn't even take them a whole day to give us the first example.
    See you Space Cowboy ...