Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to day 1 of the illegitimate U.S. government, make your predictions here

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Re: Welcome to day 1 of the illegitimate U.S. government, make your predictions here

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I mean if that fact isn't actually a fact...why should I assume you have anything else correct? A pipeline is not the only way to move oil or to turn Canadian sourced oil into things that US consumers want or need. It is just the cheapest one that politically connected company has loudly said they want to do.

Not refining Canadian oil in Texas or Oklahoma or wherever along the Gulf Coast doesn't make the oil disappear. It just makes it more expensive and logistically complicated to bring to market.
    I'll find the article tomorrow, it was on Townhall that talked about American's losing 11,000 jobs and his order would eventually kill up to 40,000 jobs.

The rest of my post concerned the stupid myth that we can just magically go Green, don't be obtuse, what's your opinion on the topic.

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

Re: Welcome to day 1 of the illegitimate U.S. government, make your predictions here

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
    This is an example of what an aggrieved white person filled with extreme anger posts.
    He's probably a proud boy.
    So you accuse someone who you don't know, of being a proud boy, and you might as well just label him a racist too because he doesn't think like you? What a hypocrite you are.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    I'll find the article tomorrow, it was on Townhall that talked about American's losing 11,000 jobs and his order would eventually kill up to 40,000 jobs.

The rest of my post concerned the stupid myth that we can just magically go Green, don't be obtuse, what's your opinion on the topic.
    Everything I have read says that no one actually held 10,000 out of those 11,000 jobs and the other 30K are talking point scare points by the petro lobby. So I take it all with several heaping spoons of salt.

Of course you can't magically go green in an instant. But waiting around for the private sector to even admit that oil, gas, coal, and fracking are even withing shouting distance of bad for the environment hasn't happened in the over 30 years we've been talking about it as a society. They are just not going to change anything because the negative consequences of their actions are far more long term than the quarterly earnings statements their boards hold them to. If the private sector and the market are not going to move the needle towards green energy in any realistic way, the only actor left big enough to do anything is government.

Since I strongly believe and am concerned about the scientific data on man made climate change, I broadly favor pushing green energy on everyone. I also think that nuclear energy is the obvious bridge solution to whatever would or could come next. It is unfortunate that the general public is far too skittish about it and far too unwilling to listen enough to have their minds changed.

Better than banning things and then calling it a day is that I think the government should spend ruinous amounts of money on any and all RandD associated with new green energy. Basically scoop up scientists, researchers, whatever and do a Manhattan Project/Moon Shot kinda deal. Unfortunately, that can not happen because we can not even get people to admit that man made climate change is a real and existential threat to the country - much less agree on potential solutions.

This is a situation where the Pentagon wants to modify and upgrade military infrastructure to account for the realities of present and future climate change. But they are not allowed to because Congress is unwilling to acknowledge that it is even taken place.

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    She and the serial molester in the White House are a perfect pair
    That post is beyond stupid. It's pathetic.

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityboyz View Post
    So you accuse someone who you don't know, of being a proud boy, and you might as well just label him a racist too because he doesn't think like you? What a hypocrite you are.
    Hey, I can see that my earlier suggestion of reading a dictionary is paying big dividends for you.
    Your sentences are constructed pretty well...for a change.
    Hypocrite...you’ve made it to the letter “H.”
    Don’t give up...it’s rewarding to see someone become more literate.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Got to love politicians. Say one thing to get elected and then completely change course. But at least he is such a human and compassionate (starts to laugh), sorry can't say that about Biden without laughing

https://www.mynbc5.com/article/natio...rage/35285276#

So the Biden administration felt the need to have a bunch of troops in the capitol, but didn't have any plans of where to put them so they decide to stuff our military in the parking garages. Yep. Already this is a terrible start. May be able to pass Obama as the worst president of all time at this rate. Btw, the evil orange man offered to put them in his hotel

Got to love politicians. Say one thing to get elected and then completely change course. But at least he is such a human and compassionate (starts to laugh), sorry can't say that about Biden without laughing
    Asinine.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.mynbc5.com/article/natio...rage/35285276#

So the Biden administration felt the need to have a bunch of troops in the capitol, but didn't have any plans of where to put them so they decide to stuff our military in the parking garages. Yep. Already this is a terrible start. May be able to pass Obama as the worst president of all time at this rate. Btw, the evil orange man offered to put them in his hotel

Utterly moronic post.

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Hey, I can see that my earlier suggestion of reading a dictionary is paying big dividends for you.

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

https://www.dailywire.com/news/biden...insulin-epipen

The next 4 years are going to be ........................... I guess we will find out.

Wow, only 3 days in and already there is enough evidence to objectly see that the biden administration will be a disaster for the average Americans. But at least he's not trump, right liberals?

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Wow, only 3 days in and already there is enough evidence to objectly see that the biden administration will be a disaster for the average Americans. But at least he's not trump, right liberals?
    I told you they were a cult.

There is no "Biden administration." There is no president, just a bunch of pissed off former Obama officials, tearing away at the fabric of the country like a million hateful little gremlins.

The 58 million hardcore leftists who actually voted for this are so blinded by rage and spite that they knew this would happen and just didn't care. Great prize they won.

Since I strongly believe and am concerned about the scientific data on man made climate change, I broadly favor pushing green energy on everyone. I also think that nuclear energy is the obvious bridge solution to whatever would or could come next. It is unfortunate that the general public is far too skittish about it and far too unwilling to listen enough to have their minds changed.

Better than banning things and then calling it a day is that I think the government should spend ruinous amounts of money on any and all RandD associated with new green energy. Basically scoop up scientists, researchers, whatever and do a Manhattan Project/Moon Shot kinda deal. Unfortunately, that can not happen because we can not even get people to admit that man made climate change is a real and existential threat to the country - much less agree on potential solutions.
    If you actually strongly believe and are concerned about man-made climate change, to the point where the government needs to break the bank and strongarm everyone into using green energy as fast as possible, then you clearly have not even begun to think about the underlying scientific principles involved. As usual, just thinking what you were told because the TV said so.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    I told you they were a cult.

There is no "Biden administration." There is no president, just a bunch of pissed off former Obama officials, tearing away at the fabric of the country like a million hateful little gremlins.

The 58 million hardcore leftists who actually voted for this are so blinded by rage and spite that they knew this would happen and just didn't care. Great prize they won.

If you actually strongly believe and are concerned about man-made climate change, to the point where the government needs to break the bank and strongarm everyone into using green energy as fast as possible, then you clearly have not even begun to think about the underlying scientific principles involved. As usual, just thinking what you were told because the TV said so.
    Weird...I thought it was all of the discussions, meetings, and mentoring I had from climate scientists. But I only have a 101 IQ. So I probably forgot that it was tv.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Weird...I thought it was all of the discussions, meetings, and mentoring I had from climate scientists. But I only have a 101 IQ. So I probably forgot that it was tv.
    See, here is the thing, though. I am a huge fan of science. You will not find many people who believe in it more than I do. I even know more about it than most liberals with 101 IQs.

The weird thing about science, though, is that you can have a theory that is completely valid and stands up to repeated testing, which is indeed the case with the underlying premise of climate change.

But, if you start with the wrong parameters, you will still get a wildly inaccurate result when attempting to put the theory into practice. That is also the fundamental mistake made with climate science.

Let's take it from the top, so the slow kids can follow. Where do you think all the carbon in our fossil fuels came from? Did it just magically appear from an infinite source, or did it come from somewhere? If not magic, then where?

Keep in mind, I have had this same discussion with actual professors and climate researchers, and followed to its conclusion, they didn't have a good answer either, and instead changed the subject to a lot of yes-buts about auxiliary effects like general pollution, or the pH of the ocean and its effects on marine life.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

Thank you! I'll try harder just for you!

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Biden pen swipes losing jobs and making country less safe. one week in and New Mexico already has buyers remorse. Illegals sure are happy though.
    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ease-them-all/

One week into the Biden administration and the right is even more full of shit than they were under Trump.

The Biden administration thus far
    -5 digit job losses with the stroke of a pen with those people being told coldly to find another job
    -Increased gas prices (at least in my area)
    -Raised prices for insulin and epipen
    -Criminal aliens released for no apparent reason and no regard for the safety of actual American citizens
    -Troops forced to sleep in parking garages

Buckle up, this is only going to get worse.

The Biden administration thus far
    -5 digit job losses with the stroke of a pen with those people being told coldly to find another job
    -Increased gas prices (at least in my area)
    -Raised prices for insulin and epipen
    -Criminal aliens released for no apparent reason and no regard for the safety of actual American citizens
    -Troops forced to sleep in parking garages

Buckle up, this is only going to get worse.
    As we all knew, Trump wasn't the real retard, those who elected him were. Example? See post above.

The real retards voted because of hate, not because Joebama is any where near capable of running the country. Nancy and Chucky will now run the country. God help us.

See, here is the thing, though. I am a huge fan of science. You will not find many people who believe in it more than I do. I even know more about it than most liberals with 101 IQs.

The weird thing about science, though, is that you can have a theory that is completely valid and stands up to repeated testing, which is indeed the case with the underlying premise of climate change.

But, if you start with the wrong parameters, you will still get a wildly inaccurate result when attempting to put the theory into practice. That is also the fundamental mistake made with climate science.

Let's take it from the top, so the slow kids can follow. Where do you think all the carbon in our fossil fuels came from? Did it just magically appear from an infinite source, or did it come from somewhere? If not magic, then where?

Keep in mind, I have had this same discussion with actual professors and climate researchers, and followed to its conclusion, they didn't have a good answer either, and instead changed the subject to a lot of yes-buts about auxiliary effects like general pollution, or the pH of the ocean and its effects on marine life.
    I guess you are going on about matter not be created and destroyed, just changing states. Of course the carbon that is in fossil fuels came from the universe around us and not some magical energy dimension. In the case of fossil fuels it came from carbon previously contained in biological stuff.

But so what? Carbon is not the same as carbon dioxide. Like you could just start throwing carbon into holes in the ground or the ocean or whatever (assuming you could tap into the magic carbon dimension and just go grab a whole bunch of carbon rods or something) and it wouldn't really do much to the various chemical systems that impact climate. But if you add a bunch of carbon dioxide into the system (from...hmmm...say....burning stuff like oil or sheep or something containing a bunch of carbon) it has nowhere to go unless you increase the C02 reserviors available - like trees. It doesn't continue to flow through the carbon system like carbon does.

I'm sure the above falls into your clever trap and logical prison that has flummoxed and stymied numerous scientists and researchers previously. It is in intimidating and daunting to attempt to parry your incisive intellectual strikes.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tom444 View Post
    As we all knew, Trump wasn't the real retard, those who elected him were. Example? See post above.
    says the libtard who voted for job losses, amnesty to those in ICE custody (75% committed crimes) increased gas as well as increased taxes. hey but props to you, what a diverse cabinet you have, congrats lmfao. they, them, he, she, it Im sure will do a splendid job.

Let me make sure I understand.

Everyone is screaming about projected lost jobs? Where the projections come from the oil company who wants access to Federal dollars and permissive regulations? The same oil company who likes to bury the fact that ALL but 35 of the projected jobs are going to be temporary (less than 6-12 months)?

As far as I can tell, no actually real life working people have been put out of work. Remember these are the same petro companies who claimed during the campaign that over 10 million oi workers would be out of work due to potential Biden climate regulations. That is over 6% of all jobs in the entire US. It is millions (and millions) more workers than are even currently employed in the oil and gas sector. Might wanna be careful about buying any of their self-serving math.

Let me make sure I understand.

Everyone is screaming about projected lost jobs? Where the projections come from the oil company who wants access to Federal dollars and permissive regulations? The same oil company who likes to bury the fact that ALL but 35 of the projected jobs are going to be temporary (less than 6-12 months)?

As far as I can tell, no actually real life working people have been put out of work. Remember these are the same petro companies who claimed during the campaign that over 10 million oi workers would be out of work due to potential Biden climate regulations. That is over 6% of all jobs in the entire US. It is millions (and millions) more workers than are even currently employed in the oil and gas sector. Might wanna be careful about buying any of their self-serving math.
    https://www.breitbart.com/environmen...-million-jobs/

I don't buy a lobbyist for the oil industry as a reliable source of #'s.

Just as (and if I am wrong, apologies) you likely wouldn't buy #'s from an environmental lobby.

What the oil lobby isn't telling everyone is that for the past while (even pre-pandemic) many of those shale oil "boom towns" across the upper West have dried up and blown away as crude oil prices have dropped. Shale oil is really only economically viable when crude prices are high.

I have friends who work out that way and they talk about entire worker towns just abandoned and trucks that no one can afford just left on the side of the road. And they also talk about how some operations are still pumping out $$$. So a really complex situation.

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    The real retards voted because of hate, not because Joebama is any where near capable of running the country. Nancy and Chucky will now run the country. God help us.
    See how obtuse the right is^^^. This poster probably really beliefs that.

I don't buy a lobbyist for the oil industry as a reliable source of #'s.

Just as (and if I am wrong, apologies) you likely wouldn't buy #'s from an environmental lobby.

What the oil lobby isn't telling everyone is that for the past while (even pre-pandemic) many of those shale oil "boom towns" across the upper West have dried up and blown away as crude oil prices have dropped. Shale oil is really only economically viable when crude prices are high.

I have friends who work out that way and they talk about entire worker towns just abandoned and trucks that no one can afford just left on the side of the road. And they also talk about how some operations are still pumping out $$$. So a really complex situation.
    I just threw that out there from a different perspective. Its not gospel, but we’re only a week in, regardless of actual numbers it shows the direction the administration is going.

I guess you are going on about matter not be created and destroyed, just changing states. Of course the carbon that is in fossil fuels came from the universe around us and not some magical energy dimension. In the case of fossil fuels it came from carbon previously contained in biological stuff.

But so what? Carbon is not the same as carbon dioxide. Like you could just start throwing carbon into holes in the ground or the ocean or whatever (assuming you could tap into the magic carbon dimension and just go grab a whole bunch of carbon rods or something) and it wouldn't really do much to the various chemical systems that impact climate. But if you add a bunch of carbon dioxide into the system (from...hmmm...say....burning stuff like oil or sheep or something containing a bunch of carbon) it has nowhere to go unless you increase the C02 reserviors available - like trees. It doesn't continue to flow through the carbon system like carbon does.

I'm sure the above falls into your clever trap and logical prison that has flummoxed and stymied numerous scientists and researchers previously. It is in intimidating and daunting to attempt to parry your incisive intellectual strikes.
    Swing and a miss. We'll take it extra slow so that you have adequate time to follow along.

You have explained how fossil fuels formed from biological matter. Now, where do you think the carbon in that biological matter came from? Take your time, this part is very important.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    I just threw that out there from a different perspective. Its not gospel, but we’re only a week in, regardless of actual numbers it shows the direction the administration is going.
    And that is what I am not sure what anyone is saying? What is this nefarious direction? No actual jobs lost - yet. A 2 month pause on oil extraction on Federal land. Land that until the previous administration hadn't been used for oil production.

In 2015, domestic oil production with all the Obama era environmental stuff in place, was the highest it had been since 1972. Part of a 4 year steady increase in oil production. By the first part of 2016 it had declined for the first time in years. This was due to a cratering of crude prices which had dropped 70% since mid 2014.

Looking at numbers from the https://www.eia.gov/outlooks/aeo/ - US domestic oil and gas production is still projected to exceed domestic demand. So, even if Biden slashes domestic production to late Obama era levels (minus approximately 3K barrels a month) [https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/Le...=MCRFPUS2&f=M] it seems that the US would still be consuming LESS oil and gas than that amount.

I have no idea if any of this is right. I have no idea who the EIA is and whose agenda they represent. But I do know that I am NOT buying the oil industry and their lobbyists claims that we are going to enter a Mad Max still energy apocalypse.

- - - Updated - - -

Swing and a miss. We'll take it extra slow so that you have adequate time to follow along.

You have explained how fossil fuels formed from biological matter. Now, where do you think the carbon in that biological matter came from? Take your time, this part is very important.
    From the carbon cycle. And the movement of carbon through the various ecological and biological systems. Where else could it come from?