Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2021 B&G Mock Draft(s)

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

2021 B&G Mock Draft(s)

It's really early, it's pre Senior Bowl, and I'm still learning about the draft class but draft season has unfortunately started early again for the Steelers.

1. Samuel Cosmi, OT, Texas
    2. Javonte Williams, RB, North Carolina
    3. Landon Dickerson, C, Alabama
    4. Amari Rodgers, WR, Clemson
    4*. Wyatt Hubert, EDGE, Kansas State
    6. Naquan Jones, DT, Michigan State
    6*. Demar Hamlin, S, Pitt
    7. Justin Hilliard, ILB, Ohio State

* project comp.

I expect Javonte Williams to be in a lot of my mocks in round 2.
    Last edited by BlackAndGold; 01-16-2021 at 08:58 PM.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: 2021 B&G Mock Draft(s)

Don't know much about most of the players but I'm good with the positions.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I like it for a early first attempt. I'm waiting for at least a couple pre-draft moves. Like if Conner gets resigned I don't think we draft a RB at all. I LOVE OT in the first, Center in the 3rd. There are 2-3 ILB in this draft I would love to pair with Bush, but again waiting on pre-draft moves first.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

OL, OL, DT with three of the first four picks is going to be in a lot of mocks.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I can't fully support a draft that doesn't take a QB at some point. Other that, awesome!

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I can't fully support a draft that doesn't take a QB at some point. Other that, awesome!
    Agreed

Draft one EVERY ​year until you hit on one. Better to have “too many” QBs than not enough.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

I'll be watching closely to Kyle Trask at the Senior Bowl. I'm not big on taking a QB just to take one. There better be a plan in place.

The only pick in my very early mock I'm iffy on is tackie in round one, they have not taken one since the 90's and may view Chuk as the future at LT and may bring back both Feiler/Banner to compete at RT. In round one it's been centers/guard >>> tackles for the Steelers. I'm hoping Rashawn Slater falls, he'll be a solid tackle but an all pro C/G.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    I'll be watching closely to Kyle Trask at the Senior Bowl. I'm not big on taking a QB just to take one. There better be a plan in place.

The only pick in my very early mock I'm iffy on is tackie in round one, they have not taken one since the 90's and may view Chuk as the future at LT and may bring back both Feiler/Banner to compete at RT. In round one it's been centers/guard >>> tackles for the Steelers. I'm hoping Rashawn Slater falls, he'll be a solid tackle but an all pro C/G.
    It’s an O-line friendly year.

Christian Darrisaw is the guy I’d love to see fall (not happening). After that, I agree: Rashawn Slater looks goooood!!!

Trask looked good without Pitts earlier in the season. At the end of the season (without Pitts), he looked pretty mediocre. I know it was only one game, but he needs to earn his way back into “my graces”.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Rd1(24) - Jalen Mayfield OL Mich - Versatile OL that can start at either OT or OG position.
    Rd2(55) - Dyami Brown WR NC - Vertical threat WR with speed, hands, blocking, route running, plays outside and slot.
    Rd3(87) - Kenneth Gainwell RB Memphis - Versatile RB that can be used effectively in the run and pass game equally.
    Rd4(128) - Josh Meyers C OSU - Center only prospect. Works best in shotgun and spread formations.
    Rd4(141comp) - Divine Deablo SS/NB VaTech - 6'3"-225lb Strong Safety/Nickelback middle defender. Brings a hammer on tackles and can cover TEs and RBs.
    Rd6(216) - Luke Farrell TE OSU - A 'dirty work' TE that excels inline with a moderate future as a pass catcher. Lunchpail Steelers kind of guy.
    Rd6(225comp) - Cole Van Lanen OT Wisc - Stout POA tackle that is a natural people mover in the run game. Good technique for pass protection.
    Rd7(244) - LaBryan Ray DE Bama - Strictly run defender DL that rarely loses gap discipline.
    Rd7(253) - Jamar Watson OLB Kentucky - Multiple technique pass rusher that also excels as a perimeter defender.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

24: R1 P24 LB Zaven Collins - Tulsa
    55: R2 P23 S Jevon Holland - Oregon
    87: R3 P23 TE Hunter Long - Boston College
    125: R4 P23 RB Michael Carter - North Carolina
    138: R4 P36 WR Seth Williams - Auburn
    209: R6 P30 EDGE Patrick Johnson - Tulane
    240: R7 P18 WR D’Wayne Eskridge - Western Michigan
    249: R7 P27 OT Stone Forsythe - Florida

Last edited by Shoes; 02-03-2021 at 11:56 AM.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Maybe Pitts will have a DeCastro-esque fall...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

24: R1 P24 C Creed Humphrey - Oklahoma
    55: R2 P23 LB Zaven Collins - Tulsa
    87: R3 P23 TE Tommy Tremble - Notre Dame
    125: R4 P23 WR Marlon Williams - Central Florida
    138: R4 P36 DL Tyler Shelvin - LSU
    209: R6 P30 RB Kylin Hill - Mississippi State
    240: R7 P18 EDGE Chauncey Golston - Iowa
    249: R7 P27 S Tariq Thompson - San Diego State

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post

Maybe Pitts will have a DeCastro-esque fall...lol.
    If Pitts fell that far, you could pick a punter the rest of the draft and it would be a good draft.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    If Pitts fell that far, you could pick a punter the rest of the draft and it would be a good draft.
    I don't know what's more odd, the fact this sim let Pitts fall that far, or the fact there are zero defensive players on Wards mock.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Agreed

Draft one EVERY ​year until you hit on one. Better to have “too many” QBs than not enough.
    Sadly, this year I think there isnt room to get one as they will view Haskins as the pick. Ben returns, Rudolph is the backup in year 4 and Haskins is the 3rd year pro that also has some NFL starts (and wins) under his belt, who is of course the reclamation hope.

I can honestly see the Steelers not picking a QB this year, unless there is an early indication they are going to release Haskins or Rudolph.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I'd be OK with the UDFA that is scrappy, mobile, undersized, but with more arm talent than Duck Hodges. Because, you're right EGJ, Haskins is their "pick" this year and he may in fact pay off.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Sadly, this year I think there isnt room to get one as they will view Haskins as the pick. Ben returns, Rudolph is the backup in year 4 and Haskins is the 3rd year pro that also has some NFL starts (and wins) under his belt, who is of course the reclamation hope.

I can honestly see the Steelers not picking a QB this year, unless there is an early indication they are going to release Haskins or Rudolph.
    The only way I can see that happening is if Ben hangs it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    The only way I can see that happening is if Ben hangs it up.
    Me too unless their guy falls to them at #24 and it's too good to pass up (ala Rodgers at #24 for GB).

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post

Indeed

I originally had slated Newman somewhere between pick 3 and pick 5 in various mocks... but, now, I have left him off.

1. Zaven Collins, LB, Tulsa
    3. Landon Dickerson, OC, Alabama
    4. Tommy Tremble, TE, Notre Dame
    4. Benjamin St-Juste, CB, Minnesota
    6. Dax Milne, WR, BYU
    6. Damar Hamlin, S, Pitt
    7. Naquan Jones, DT, Michigan State
    7. Carl Tucker, FB/TE, Alabama

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

24: R1 P24 QB Mac Jones - Alabama
    55: R2 P23 C Landon Dickerson - Alabama
    87: R3 P23 RB Michael Carter - North Carolina
    128: R4 P23 TE Kenny Yeboah - Mississippi
    141: R4 P36 S Kolby Harvell-Peel - Oklahoma State
    217: R6 P31 CB Bryan Mills - North Carolina Central
    244: R7 P18 OT Stone Forsythe - Florida
    253: R7 P27 OT Josh Ball - Marshall

My on the clock. Creed wasn't available but here Mac was so that was hard to pass up

I can tell you guys now Josh Ball is probably not on the Steelers draft board at all. He's a girlfriend beater. 3 time loser.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I can tell you guys now Josh Ball is probably not on the Steelers draft board at all. He's a girlfriend beater. 3 time loser.
    I admittedly know nothing about late round prospects. At like round 6 and beyond I just go out by best player on the board based on position

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    I admittedly know nothing about late round prospects. At like round 6 and beyond I just go out by best player on the board based on position
    I get it. I have looked a a lot of the OTs in this draft. Last draft there were a few that were just beasts and everybody knew they were 1st round talent. This draft has pretty much Penei Sewell that is an across the board 1st round OT. Darrisaw, Cosmi, Slater, Leatherwood, Vera-Tucker, Mayfield, Carman, Redunz, Eichenberg, all fall into a tweener catagory of 1st/2nd, 2nd/3rd, move inside, etc... depending on the analysts you read about them. I like the tape on all of these guys and could be happy with any of them. But for me, if they are not that true 1st round LT talent then they need to have some position diversity. I think I like Slater best of the bunch given his college success, he has been predicted to move inside to OG, and I have even seen him listed as an OC as his best fit for the NFL.

As for Ball, he was simply too large to be that far down. He started at FSU and then transferred after getting kicked out of school. Here is the SI article:
    https://www.si.com/college/2018/12/1...ity-suspension

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Another where Pitts Falls...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Another where Pitts Falls...lol

That would be a game-seven, walk-off grand slam.

Top 5 pick at 24.
    The OT seems about right.
    The second-best RB in the draft in R3.
    The best OC in R4.
    Tremble seems about right (but a good pick).

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    It's really early, it's pre Senior Bowl, and I'm still learning about the draft class but draft season has unfortunately started early again for the Steelers.

1. Samuel Cosmi, OT, Texas
    3. Landon Dickerson, C, Alabama
    4. Amari Rodgers, WR, Clemson
    4*. Wyatt Hubert, EDGE, Kansas State
    6. Naquan Jones, DT, Michigan State
    6*. Demar Hamlin, S, Pitt
    7. Justin Hilliard, ILB, Ohio State

* project comp.

I expect Javonte Williams to be in a lot of my mocks in round 2.
    If we get our OC or OT in round1, I'm thinking the round 2 pick could easily be RB. Why not Javonte Williams, if he makes it to 55.

24. Zaven Collins LB Tulsa - Monster defender to pair with Bush inside. (Had option of Collins or Bolton, ultimately went with the larger defender)

55. Landon Dickerson OC Bama - Dominant college Center.

87. Kenneth Gainwell RB Memphis - All purpose RB that is an equally potent weapon as a runner or pass catcher.

128. James Wiggins Safety Cincinnati - Quality backup Safety that can play slot CB as well.

141. Marlon Williams WR UCF - Big slot receiver with great hands and YAC production.

217. Marco Wilson CB Florida - Bigger version of Mike Hilton. Plays the slot and was used a lot as a blitzer.

240. William Bradley-King OLB Baylor - Strong and technique savvy pass rusher. Needs to improve run defense.

249. Cole Van Lanen OL Wisconsin - Massive, very strong people mover lineman. Played OT in college but could backup at OT or OG equally.

24: R1 P24 RB Najee Harris - Alabama
    55: R2 P23 TE Pat Freiermuth - Penn State
    87: R3 P23 OT Walker Little - Stanford
    128: R4 P23 LB Pete Werner - Ohio State
    141: R4 P36 G Sadarius Hutcherson - South Carolina
    217: R6 P31 EDGE Chauncey Golston - Iowa
    244: R7 P18 WR Dax Milne - BYU
    253: R7 P27 P Max Duffy - Kentucky

Mocke dthis draft from a 'run first' mentality. Let me know what you think.

1. Travis Etienne RB Clemson - Todays pick of the moment
    2. Josh Meyers OC OSU - Best player at a position of need
    3. Hunter Long TE BC - A TE is a need and this one also helps the run game
    4a. Tony Fields II ILB West byGod Virginia - Fields plays an attacking style and matches well with the Steelers defensive scheme
    4b. Patrick Johnson OLB Tulane - OLB depth is a need and Johnson fills that with a plus
    6. Jaelon Darden WR N.Texas - Tough slot WR that also is a punt/kick returner
    7a. Marco Wilson CB Florida - Slot CB that plays 'man up' redirecting those pesky TEs and slot WRs
    7b. Ben Petrula OL BC - Petrula is a mean and nasty OT in the run game. Expect him to backup at OT and OC.