Thread: Plenty of Gems at the end of the 1st Round

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Plenty of Gems at the end of the 1st Round

The Steelers have a long draft history and have first round picks that include William Shakespeare and a Supreme Court Justice. They have also picked some all-time Steelers in the bottom part of the 1st round in recent years. That list includes:

Faneca 26th
    Heath Miller 30th
    S. Holmes 25th
    Cam Heyward 31st
    DeCastro 24th
    TJ Watt 30th

As much as I'd love certain positions of need, I'd stick with the BPA model. It has served the team well over the years.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Plenty of Gems at the end of the 1st Round

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    The Steelers have a long draft history and have first round picks that include William Shakespeare and a Supreme Court Justice. They have also picked some all-time Steelers in the bottom part of the 1st round in recent years. That list includes:

Faneca 26th
    Heath Miller 30th
    S. Holmes 25th
    Cam Heyward 31st
    DeCastro 24th
    TJ Watt 30th

As much as I'd love certain positions of need, I'd stick with the BPA model. It has served the team well over the years.
    I’d take that caliber player at anyone of those positions. Also agree, BPA. I don’t want to see a QB at the bottom half of Round One. If a QB is their target, move up and get one. To sit back and take what’s left at QB...that will be a disaster. Artie Burns type disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="dislocatedday has a reputation beyond repute"> dislocatedday's Avatar

Re: Plenty of Gems at the end of the 1st Round

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I’d take that caliber player at anyone of those positions. Also agree, BPA. I don’t want to see a QB at the bottom half of Round One. If a QB is their target, move up and get one. To sit back and take what’s left at QB...that will be a disaster. Artie Burns type disaster.
    Yes, and I think they can get a premium offensive tackle at that 24 spot. QB is the wildcard to me this year in that I don't know if the team feels a strong need to get one in the 1st round.