View Poll Results: For Which AFCCG Are You Rooting?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Browns @ Ravens

0 0%
  • Browns @ Bills

3 15.00%
  • Ravens @ Chiefs

0 0%
  • Bills @ Chiefs

15 75.00%
  • Football is dead to me. Go PADRES!!!

2 10.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: As a Steelers fan, for WHOM are you ROOTING?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: As a Steelers fan, for WHOM are you ROOTING?

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Two words: Marlon McCree

2006. LaDainian had 33 TDs. In the playoffs, the Chargers had the Taperiots beat. Brady throws an INT to McCree. If McCree falls down, the Chargers win (and, IMO probably go on to win the Super Bowl).

Buuuuut, McCree does not​ fall down. He tries to return the INT... and he fumbles it/gives Brady a chance for the comeback.

I’ve never experienced a room go from ecstatic cheering to DEAD SILENCE so quickly.

I slowly crept out the back of the living room... and left.
    I totally forgot about that...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Two words: Marlon McCree

2006. LaDainian had 33 TDs. In the playoffs, the Chargers had the Taperiots beat. Brady throws an INT to McCree. If McCree falls down, the Chargers win (and, IMO probably go on to win the Super Bowl).

Buuuuut, McCree does not​ fall down. He tries to return the INT... and he fumbles it/gives Brady a chance for the comeback.

I’ve never experienced a room go from ecstatic cheering to DEAD SILENCE so quickly.

I slowly crept out the back of the living room... and left.

Brady/Belichick have had more fortunate things happen in multiple seasons than any other team I can think of.

That play ends their season if not for the fumble after the INT.

The tuck rule fumble should have ended that season for them.

Edelman's luckiest catch in history when ball lands on the legs of Falcons player or they lose that super bowl.

Seahawks throwing an INT on first down from the 1 yard line with Beast Mode in the backfield and Patriots couldn't stop him that entire drive. No super bowl victory if the Seahawks hand the ball to him.

Add in the cheating factor that they got away with, and this team may have never won a single super bowl without cheating, help, or extreme luck.

I know almost every team has to have some things go their way to win it all, but some of their stuff defies belief.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Well, Ravens are nevermore.

Senior Member Array title="JayC is a glorious beacon of light"> JayC's Avatar

Ravens are almost as much of a joke as we are. Only 3 points lmao

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Only the browns are left now from the division, and their due date comes up tomorrow

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Well, Ravens are nevermore.
    Well, remember we beat them 2x lol, if you get a lead on then and slow the rushing attack, they got nothing left. Lamar is not an NFL QB.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    Well, remember we beat them 2x lol, if you get a lead on then and slow the rushing attack, they got nothing left. Lamar is not an NFL QB.
    He's a glorified rb (a great one at that) but you need more to win a super bowl

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Kordell Stewart. Great athlete, not so great QB

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JayC View Post
    Ravens are almost as much of a joke as we are. Only 3 points lmao

Does this mean the Ravens aren't the team nobody wants to play anymore?

Lamar Jackson was the NFL MVP, but he can't get out of his own way or lead his team to more than 3 points in a playoff game.

His center made a few bad snaps too. It does wonders for the offense and defense. I wonder if anyone noticed?

If Ben only led his team to 3 points, it would be the end of the universe as we know it......But an NFL MVP can't score without a dominant running game and he is still considered a waaaaay better player than Ben Roethlisberger in the minds of many. Many Steelers fans wish they had Jackson as their QB.

Sorry. None of this is directed at you. I'm just saying random thoughts in my head out loud.

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

Football is dead! go black hawks!

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Seahawks throwing an INT on first down from the 1 yard line with Beast Mode in the backfield and Patriots couldn't stop him that entire drive. No super bowl victory if the Seahawks hand the ball to him.
    EVERYONE IN THE ENTIRE WORLD (INCLUDING PETE CARROLL): Beast Mode has the highest convergence-rate for scoring TDs inside the five-yard-line of any player in NFL history. Obviously, the Seahawks will run it four times to take the lead...

DARRELL BEVELL: I’ll harness my inner Randy Fitchner...

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    we always called em the B.I.L.L.S. (Boy, I Love Losing SuperBowls)

Though to their credit they should have really won the first one against the NYG, but Norwood choked
    yeah, when you think of the 4 super bowl losses, really don’t mind them winning this year, plus tomlin and the head coach are buds from W&M I think, so it can’t be all bad

Norwood is definitely in super bowl goat lore, along with Jackie Harris and O’Donnell

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

EVERYONE IN THE ENTIRE WORLD (INCLUDING PETE CARROLL): Beast Mode has the highest convergence-rate for scoring TDs inside the five-yard-line of any player in NFL history. Obviously, the Seahawks will run it four times to take the lead...

DARRELL BEVELL: I’ll harness my inner Randy Fitchner...
    Stupidest decision in SB history. The whole point of having a RB like Marshawn is everybody always knows he's getting it, you just need to stop him. OC chooses to outsmart himself, Billy B gets called a genius even though it was more so a dumbass decision by Seattle. Up until that point, Lynch put 130 or so yards on NE's defense. They didn't give up any huge rushing plays, but they also consistently failed to stop him, why stop what was working? I'm still salty about that game lol.

Has anyone seen Buffalo ‘66? Underrated movie about* the adverse effect(s) of losing four straight Super Bowls.*(not directly; it’s an allegory.)
    I’ll ask my friend who’s a Viking fan about that one

Senior Member Array title="JayC is a glorious beacon of light"> JayC's Avatar

Nice, sports starting to turn around. Rats out, Shitstains out, Pens win. Go Saints

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

As much as I HATE the Browns, I almost found myself wanting them to beat the Chiefs in the 4th -- for the greater cause. Almost. Now the Bills need to get it done.

Both of the AFCN teams went down, now all that’s left is Brady. If he loses I’m happy

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Well, being a Wyoming Alum, I guess I should root for Allen now

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    Well, being a Wyoming Alum, I guess I should root for Allen now
    I watched Allen play against my U of Hawaii team and would never have thought he would become this good.

congrats to him, I'll be cheering for the Bills next weekend.

Green Bay and KC

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    I watched Allen play against my U of Hawaii team and would never have thought he would become this good.

congrats to him, I'll be cheering for the Bills next weekend.
    If I knew you doubted him that much, I would have wagered 6 Bikini Blonde from MBC on his success. Goes good with an ono burger in Kehei.

I kind of have a soft spot for the Bills too. Dates back to Joe Ferguson teams in the early 80's.

I wasn’t much of a bills fan growing up, didn’t despise them like I did the cowboys or oilers, but the mention of Joe Ferguson made me look him up, seems like a really good guy...I’ll be rooting for the bills this weekend

https://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2016/jun/30/joe-ferguson-remembers-different-oj/

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Win it for OJ!!!

Win it for OJ!!!

The Juice is loose!!

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    The Juice is loose!!
    ...kniving his way through the defense.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

he was good at beating up on the Browns though.

He's running like a white Bronco that will do anything to keep his freedom.

Q: Would you consider OJ to be more of a slasher?... or, a cutter???

(This thread just keeps getting better...)

Q: Would you consider OJ to be more of a slasher?... or, a cutter???

(This thread just keeps getting better...)

I'd say he's more of a slasher that is difficult to buy gloves for, and has breakaway speed when he wears his Bruno Maglis.