Thread: Compensatory Pick's are the way to go for the off season. 2022 could be a sweet draft.

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Compensatory Pick's are the way to go for the off season. 2022 could be a sweet draft.

While I am not an expert for the formula, and much it is has to do with who you sign and who you lose, I do know this. We are broke fight now, and can't afford to re-sign all 26 free agents to the team, In fact, we are not in position for a bidding war for any of our top unrestricted free agents. I'm okay with this, the Steelers need some changes to say the least and are not likely to be great again for a while. So, let's re-load with these comp picks.

The following is my best guess as to the compensatory draft picks coming our way in 2022. Assume we do not re-sign the player.

Bud Dupree. Projected offer. Tag money or greater. The Steelers get a 3rd round comp pick ( Pick #97-105 )

Ju Ju Smtih Schuster. Projected offer 8-12 million. Steelers get a 4th round comp pick. ( Pick #139-146 )

Alejandro Villaneuva. Projected offer. 7-9 million. The Steelers get a 5th round comp pick. ( Pick #139-146 )

Matt Feiler. Projected offer 5-7 million. The Steelers get a 5th round comp pick. ( Pick # 178-185 )

Mike Hilton. Projected offer 5-7 million. The Steelers get a 5th round comp pick ( Pick #178-185)

Edmunds. Projected offer 3-5 million. Steelers get a 6th round comp pick. ( # Pick 212-217 )

Cameron Sutton. Projected offer 3-5 million. Steelers get a 6th round comp pick ( Pick # 212-217 )

James Conner. Projected offer 2-3 million. Steelers get a 7th round comp pick ( Pick #247-255 )

Now for exciting part. Its April 2022. Our picks if the accuracy above is right would be:

Round 1
    Round 2
    Round 3
    Round 3B ( Comp pick for Dupree )
    Round 4
    Round 4B ( Comp pick for Ju-Ju )
    Round 5 *** PICK TRADED TO JETS for Willimson ***
    Round 5B ( Comp pick for Villaneuva )
    Round 5C ( Comp pick for Feiler )
    Round DD ( Comp Pick for Hilton )
    Round 6
    Round 6B ( Comp for Edmunds )
    Round 6C ( Comp pick for Hilton )
    Round 7
    Round 7A ( Jets pick Via Trade for Williamson)
    Round 7B. ( Comp Pick for Conner )

16 draft picks if we let all of the above names walk. Wow, we could completely reload ....for Cheap as positions like G, P, S, DT, TE, Edge, ILB, OT for depth, and used the first four picks for BPA at a position of need.

In my estimation, the Steelers will likely retain 2-3 of the above players, and Bud and Ju-Ju won't be among them.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: Compensatory Pick's are the way to go for the off season. 2022 could be a sweet draft.

So turned on the bold font and increased the size then made it smaller (again) just for fun? Or was that how the copy and paste came in?

Re: Compensatory Pick's are the way to go for the off season. 2022 could be a sweet draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    So turned on the bold font and increased the size then made it smaller (again) just for fun? Or was that how the copy and paste came in?
    Hey idiot, these are my own words and own guesses as the what the player will be worth if you are going there. Once again you will not find this on the web elsewhere. Spends your hours looking. Go ahead.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Six Rings View Post
    Hey idiot, these are my own words and own guesses as the what the player will be worth if you are going there. Once again you will not find this on the web elsewhere. Spends your hours looking. Go ahead.
    So you're contention is that your postings, and only your postings, format differently than every single other post on this entire message board? Sounds legit.

Why haven't you messaged me from your "other account" on a "different message board"? I figure it is because you don't control that account because you didn't write the original posting. Weird...exactly what you said it wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    So you're contention is that your postings, and only your postings, format differently than every single other post on this entire message board? Sounds legit.

Why haven't you messaged me from your "other account" on a "different message board"? I figure it is because you don't control that account because you didn't write the original posting. Weird...exactly what you said it wasn't.
    Your trolling threads now. They are my postings. You are wrong, now let it be. I think among other things you are confusing a list of free agents that I used which had a different letter setting. Now if you have any football related comments, you can post them here.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Six Rings View Post
    Your trolling threads now. They are my postings. You are wrong, now let it be. I think among other things you are confusing a list of free agents that I used which had a different letter setting. Now if you have any football related comments, you can post them here.
    How is it that you have no idea of the status of the OSMB?

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Lighten Up Francis he was just busting on your choice of bolding and fonts.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    Lighten Up Francis he was just busting on your choice of bolding and fonts.
    How long did it take you to do that?

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

it'll be a sweet draft, i'm sure we'll get the #1 overall pick if we get rid of all those players

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    How long did it take you to do that?
    All the stuff is right there above, it was pretty easy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    it'll be a sweet draft, i'm sure we'll get the #1 overall pick if we get rid of all those players
    LOL, that's that first thing I thought. Why would you suddenly flush your whole team down the drain and act like an expansion team?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

So they don’t sign anyone to fill the positions that you just let go? I’ll pass on 16 picks and keep a few players.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    So they don’t sign anyone to fill the positions that you just let go? I’ll pass on 16 picks and keep a few players.
    I did not say that. I listed 8 players. Which of those 8 players do you think we can afford, and can not upgrade in the upcoming draft? I did say I think the Steelers will keep 2-3 of the free agents I listed, most likely the cheaper ones.

The point is this. We are going to get picked apart in free agency, and that's okay because come 2022 we will get a ton of comp picks to re-load. Let's be real now, with Tomlin coaching out his last year, do you really think this team will win a playoff game? I say hell to the no, and this is the point to rebuild. To be blunt next year I see a losing season, even if Ben's back.

If I were GM, I'd get my new QB in their years draft, plug some holes and use the 2022 draft to re-load and move back to the playoffs.
    The last time the Steelers won a playoff game it was 2016. That is six years ago. We are keeping the Jets and Lions company. The standard remains the standard.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I do believe there is a limit/a maximum number of comp picks you can acquire in one draft.

Moneyball only works if you accumulate picks (the shotgun effect) in order to find & keep the top tier talent.