Thread: Chase Claypool speaks on 48-37 lost to the brown in the 1st round of the playoffs

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Chase Claypool speaks on 48-37 lost to the brown in the 1st round of the playoffs

He says after the catastrophe of the first play, they ran the same play(good old Fich) with a pretty good pick up of 2 yards.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Chase Claypool speaks on 48-37 lost to the brown in the 1st round of the playoffs

I can’t do another season with Fichtner. I just can’t...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Re: Chase Claypool speaks on 48-37 lost to the brown in the 1st round of the playoffs

If they get a real OC and a new QB imagine this kids ceiling!

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Advice for this rookie...just shut up and work to get better.
    You lost, team played like shit, and you’re trolling the Browns...c’mon.

Senior Member Array title="Squeegee Thompson has a brilliant future"> Squeegee Thompson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
    Advice for this rookie...just shut up and work to get better.
    The rookie caught 5 passes for two touchdowns and would've had a walk-in third had Ben read the defense correctly. He did his part, for sure. And if his backhanded slight of Rustbelt Randy helps push him out the door, then I want him to keep on talking.

Senior Member Array title="dislocatedday has a reputation beyond repute"> dislocatedday's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I can’t do another season with Fichtner. I just can’t...
    LOL.....you just summed up the feelings of 99.999% of Steelers fans.

I can't say 100% of fans, because there are probably a few out there in the world who like the job done by Fichtner.........and they are probably members of the Fichtner family.

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegee Thompson View Post
    The rookie caught 5 passes for two touchdowns and would've had a walk-in third had Ben read the defense correctly. He did his part, for sure. And if his backhanded slight of Rustbelt Randy helps push him out the door, then I want him to keep on talking.
    I’m all in on him slighting the clueless Fichtner.
    But, trashing the Browns about their next game with the Bills....not so much.
    They kicked your ass.

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegee Thompson View Post
    Claypool has a chance to be an impactful leader type, joining Watt, and Fitzpatrick. In this case, I'm for the rookie speaking out. Someone has to do it. With a little polish on his routes, Claypool has a good chance to developing into one of the top 16 WR's in football, in other words, a true #1 WR.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    He says after the catastrophe of the first play, they ran the same play(good old Fich) with a pretty good pick up of 2 yards.

I told my wife , unbelievable they are going to line up in the same play after they gave them a free look at it!

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
    I’m all in on him slighting the clueless Fichtner.
    But, trashing the Browns about their next game with the Bills....not so much.
    They kicked your ass.
    Not sure he slighted Randy by running play 2 the same as was snapped over Ben's head. Just facts. If you call a play and it never gets run because of a bad snap or penalty, often you keep with the same play as an OC.

Browns didnt really kick their ass, as much as the Steelers kicked their own with 5 turnovers.

I agree, no need to be petty about losing a game, but if the Browns players were talking shit the entire game, I can understand the bitter feelings and it only adds to the rivalry going forward. Lets just hope the Steelers can move up in the draft and get one of the top 3 QB's. I think that can be a great future going forward with some of these young WR's.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Not sure he slighted Randy by running play 2 the same as was snapped over Ben's head. Just facts. If you call a play and it never gets run because of a bad snap or penalty, often you keep with the same play as an OC.

Browns didnt really kick their ass, as much as the Steelers kicked their own with 5 turnovers.

I agree, no need to be petty about losing a game, but if the Browns players were talking shit the entire game, I can understand the bitter feelings and it only adds to the rivalry going forward. Lets just hope the Steelers can move up in the draft and get one of the top 3 QB's. I think that can be a great future going forward with some of these young WR's.
    Yeah, no one kicked ass, the Steelers imploded in the first quarter and then out scored the browns for the remaining three quarters but it wasn’t enough. The implosion was a killer, no excuses, happened at the worst time of the season in the most important game. Ben, Pouncey, Fitchner, Tomlin, it was a group fail. This could’ve happened against any NFL team.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Lets just hope the Steelers can move up in the draft and get one of the top 3 QB's.
    you would be willing to pretty much give up our entire draft picks to move up high enough?

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    you would be willing to pretty much give up our entire draft picks to move up high enough?
    Have to see where things project out, but to get into around the #10 pick, would need to trade 1 first round picks, or a first and 2 second round picks.

I still think that JAX, ATL, CAR, DET, DEN are all in the top 10 and could use a QB. Will be tough to get to Fields or Wilson IMO.

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Have to see where things project out, but to get into around the #10 pick, would need to trade 1 first round picks, or a first and 2 second round picks.

I still think that JAX, ATL, CAR, DET, DEN are all in the top 10 and could use a QB. Will be tough to get to Fields or Wilson IMO.
    I don't think Fields has top QB skills, but he can run for sure. Wilson appears to be moving up the charts. Either guy won't be there at pick #24. I've never seen a 12-4 team pick that high! You'd have to be upset early in round one vs. a low seed, which we were.

I'm ready for the senior bowl. One player I want to see is Jamie Newman. The tools are there. Newman has those did you see that type of moments that indicate a high NFL ceiling. The other side of the coin is he's a shaky passer and turns it over too often. Newman really not a player you pick for now, rather a guy in round 3 you take if you want to develop a quarterback. A good week and he could move to round two.

I think Trask, who also plays at the senior bowl will be gone before we pick in round two. I for one do not want to see another year of Rudy. The guys is a back up. Pick a QB to replace Ben this year in round one. Next year will likely produce a non-playoff season. An 8-8 to 7-9 type of year won't put us in a spot to draft a top 3 passer either. So if one is in the board worth the pick, you take him now.
    The last time the Steelers won a playoff game it was 2016. That is six years ago. We are keeping the Jets and Lions company. The standard remains the standard.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Claypool named to PFWA All-Rookie Team

Jan 19, 2021
    Teresa Varley
    Steelers.com

https://www.steelers.com/news/claypo...ll-rookie-team