Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pouncey retiring

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: Pouncey retiring

I'm just relieved that hawaiiansteeler's headline finally materialized!!

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I'm just relieved that hawaiiansteeler's headline finally materialized!!
    never a doubt, I'm not like that Ian CrapReport guy. I have my reliable secret sources, just like Six Rings.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

One of the greatest centers of all time. Unfortunate he did not win a ring.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    One of the greatest centers of all time. Unfortunate he did not win a ring.
    I think if he was healthy in 2010, they would pave beaten the Packers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I think if he was healthy in 2010, they would pave beaten the Packers.

Or if Mike Wallace raised his arms and actually left the ground to catch passes in that game to keep drives alive.......

I remember a comment along the lines of "I don't get paid to jump".

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Or if Mike Wallace raised his arms and actually left the ground to catch passes in that game to keep drives alive.......

the good ole days

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Happy retirement to one of the elite centers of the last decade

Your Brother from another!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Or Mendenhall...

Gives me the shivers.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Or Mendenhall...

Gives me the shivers.
    I find it interesting that so far posters are lamenting Pouncey not being able to play in SBXLV as the reason Steelers lost, or the play of Wallace, the play of Mendenhall.....but nobody seems to remember Ben's pick-6, or his 77.4 QB rating, compared to Aaron Rodgers 111.5 QB rating. I wonder why fans memories become so selective?

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    I find it interesting that so far posters are lamenting Pouncey not being able to play in SBXLV as the reason Steelers lost, or the play of Wallace, the play of Mendenhall.....but nobody seems to remember Ben's pick-6, or his 77.4 QB rating, compared to Aaron Rodgers 111.5 QB rating. I wonder why fans memories become so selective?
    You don’t really wonder.....do you?

I think even with all that, if they have Pouncey, they win that game.

I say Mendenhall over Ben because they somewhat recovered from Ben’s Pick-6...up until the point that Mendenhall fumbled...of course his Pick 6 didn’t help but I think they came back from that set back. Obviously it all added up in a bad way.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

In my case, it's because of the effort of Wallace. Ben made some mistakes no doubt, but they were mistakes of effort. Also, his rating would have been higher if not for a couple of the drops or lack of effort by Wallace to catch the ball. That's what really fried me. Then making comments about not getting paid to jump......in the Super Bowl! I always thought he was overrated, but after that he was dead to me!

Just like poor Mendenhall. Sure his fumble hurt, but he got crushed in the backfield because of a missed block. It was frustrating, but it wasn't for lack of effort on his part. It was unfortunate.

Wallace and his big-money attitude really pissed me off. I can excuse mistakes of effort.....but dogging it or not giving it your all and laying it all on the line in the biggest game of your life and a championship???? Inexcusable.

Senior Member Array title="Dissolv is a splendid one to behold"> Dissolv's Avatar

Man I feel bad that I am glad that this is happening. Pouncey has been great for us, but that last image from the Browns game really cemented the impression that had been growing for the last few years that he no longer "had it". He had a great career, and it is the right time to walk away. Everyone involved, including fans, are sorry he never got a chance for that ring.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I’ve always felt that the Manny Sanders injury was why we lost. Really. As a #3 receiver, he was amazing; team couldn’t cover him. Case in point: the Jets put Revis on him, and Manny repeated broke Revis’ ankles.

Fast-forward to Antwaan Randle El running the wrong route on third down (followed by the aforementioned Wallace drop and a turnover on downs to end the game). If Sanders is in there, it’s a first down... which sparks the game-winning touchdown drive. Alas...