Thread: Open letter to Mr. Roethlisberger

Senior Member Array title="bendsteel is a splendid one to behold">

Open letter to Mr. Roethlisberger

Dear Mr. Roethlisberger,
    I have been a fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers for neigh on 40 years. I have enjoyed watching every Super Bowl, even the losses.
    I have a huge amount of respect for what you have brought to this team and its fans. In my mind, you are truly elite. You defined the position for many years.
    With all that being said, your time is finished. Your body is breaking down and you will not admit it. While I am sure that you feel you could still be competitive next season, that is simply not true. Pleased do not disservice the team and the fans by insisting that you give it one more year. We have plenty of talent on this team to make a run next year....but NOT with your bloated salary, broken elbow and weak knees on the books. Do the right thing Ben. Walk away. We love you, but it is time to go.
    Sincerely,
    A Huge Fan

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Re: Open letter to Mr. Roethlisberger

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

maybe the Steelers can entice Ben to retire by offering the QB coaching position......and promote Canada to OC

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    maybe the Steelers can entice Ben to retire by offering the QB coaching position......and promote Canada to OC
    Well if he did that at least some of his $19 million dead space would be helping!