Thread: STEELER Meltdown, Dawgs came to town growling for a win.

Junior Member Array title="PaBrownsfan is an unknown quantity at this point">

STEELER Meltdown, Dawgs came to town growling for a win.

WOW, I Didn't expect this to be happening this morning, but im actually happy for the lopsided game that the Browns put to the Steelers. Ben threw 68 passes for over 500 yrds. That tells you something isn't right. If the Browns DB's would have covered your receivers tighter, and not give them so much room to catch everything, then this may have been even more of a beat down. This is a long long over due win for the BROWNS. Were off to Kansas City.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Re: STEELER Meltdown, Dawgs came to town growling for a win.

Congrats on finally winning your Super Bowl after almost 20 years. Good luck next week - you're going to need it...

Yes your right, its going to be a good game. Kareem Hunt returns to KC and I hope he runs wild all game long.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I will actually be for the Browns in that game. I got no love for either but somebody else's turn if not us.

Thanks, for the cheering, it would be nice to knock off KC at Arrowhead. The return of Kareem Hunt.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

I'm not officially a Bills fan until next fall.

Senior Member Array title="Squeegee Thompson has a brilliant future"> Squeegee Thompson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I will actually be for the Browns in that game. I got no love for either but somebody else's turn if not us.
    Be careful what you wish for. Those of us old enough to remember the Browns when they were actually good (pre-Ravens era) remember what an absolutely insufferable and deranged fan base it was that's been hiding under a rock for the last quarter of a century.

Browns fans (when not forced to wear paper bags over their heads in shame at the Factory of Sadness) have the capacity to make Eagles fans look like choir boys. Recall, this is what they did during a regular season game when the officiating didn't go their way:

I'm all for KC dismantling CLE next week and putting a quick kabosh to all of this new-found "historic euphoria".

Yes I remember this game well, it was against the Jaguars and the ref's did make a bad call to end the game , and gave the win to Jacksonville.

- - - Updated - - -

Going back to the late 80's in the wild Championship games against the BRONCOS, the newly named DAWG POUND fans would throw Milkbone dog biscuits onto the field. Now those back to back Championship games were very devastating to me and all Browns fans.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Congrats. TBH I didn't expect us to win this game at all, but was surprised how lopsided it was off the bat. After the loss to the Bengals I knew something was seriously wrong with the team and threw in the towel on the season.

I know teams tend to struggle at some point in every season, but to lose to the Bengals starting a 3rd string QB is not struggling, it's imploding. I think the turning point was when we lost Dupree for the year. The defense was no longer good enough to cover the offense's holes.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    So will I, for the reason above and it will be a good dose of reality for the Steeler organisation and players.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

I don't care who you play, whether it be a high school team, a junior college team, a college team, MUCH less an NFL team, when you turn the ball over 5 times, 1 for a touchdown, 4 others in field position to set up touchdowns, you ain't gonna beat anybody i just talked about, anybody

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegee Thompson View Post
    Be careful what you wish for. Those of us old enough to remember the Browns when they were actually good (pre-Ravens era) remember what an absolutely insufferable and deranged fan base it was that's been hiding under a rock for the last quarter of a century.

Browns fans (when not forced to wear paper bags over their heads in shame at the Factory of Sadness) have the capacity to make Eagles fans look like choir boys. Recall, this is what they did during a regular season game when the officiating didn't go their way:

I'm all for KC dismantling CLE next week and putting a quick kabosh to all of this new-found "historic euphoria".
    I remember the 80s. It was a short-lived era of success for the Browns. I respected the rivalry and actually liked Kosar. That rivalry moved to Baltimore and the passion continues. But this Cleveland Browns franchise has known nothing but disappointment and embarrassment. Knock off KC and then lose to either the Bills or Ravens, I don't care. I think the SB champ is coming from the NFC this year anyway.

I don't really care who wins but I'm not seeing cleveland beat KC. Round 2 is where you separate the men from the boys, and quite frankly, Mahomes is elite and Mayfield is just better than average

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Congrats on the win.

Your team played better than our team did and the Browns deserved to win the game. It's that simple.

If your team continues to play well, you will find out that it's much tougher to stay on top than it is when just fighting for relevancy. You become a target and are playing teams that are always up for games and giving you their best.