Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: its rebuild /retool time

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

its rebuild /retool time

lot of high $$ contracts that are playing on reputation got to go ...

Ben is not a 40 million dollar QB

Pouncey is not a 15 million dollar center

AV is a 2021 FA and isnt worthy of a new deal IMO

Conner is a FA and needs to go

JuJu can go he hasnt done shit in 2 years but piss off opponents by dancing on their logo

Team needs QB, WR, RB, OLB , C , LT , ILB
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: its rebuild /retool time

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    lot of high $$ contracts that are playing on reputation got to go ...

Ben is not a 40 million dollar QB

Pouncey is not a 15 million dollar center

AV is a 2021 FA and isnt worthy of a new deal IMO

Conner is a FA and needs to go

JuJu can go he hasnt done shit in 2 years but piss off opponents by dancing on their logo

Team needs QB, WR, RB, OLB , C , LT , ILB, HC, OC, DC, Special Teams Coordinator, OL coach
    Fixed it for you

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Nothing will ever improve if Tomlin remains.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="that1guy is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    Nothing will ever improve if Tomlin remains.
    This has been a talking point for many years, the Rooneys don't have the balls needed to send Tomlin packing. Steelers may

- - - Updated - - -

Juju sees his time here coming to an end

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

At this point Ben's numbers are counting against the CAP next year even if he retires. Barring a trade that is, which ain't happening.

So at this point draft a legit RB, just try to rebuild some type of OL that can run block and create a balanced attack.

Try to keep your defense together and hope Bush comes back. But until Fichtner is gone nothing will change.

Senior Member Array title="JayC is a glorious beacon of light"> JayC's Avatar

I hope Ben retires.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    At this point Ben's numbers are counting against the CAP next year even if he retires. Barring a trade that is, which ain't happening.

So at this point draft a legit RB, just try to rebuild some type of OL that can run block and create a balanced attack.

Try to keep your defense together and hope Bush comes back. But until Fichtner is gone nothing will change.
    This, draft OL and hope They fire Fitchner in about 2 minutes

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

We just need ten quick 2 point conversions to steal this!

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by JayC View Post
    I hope Ben retires.
    He wants that money. He's not going anywhere.

He needs to be forced out like Troy and take the cap hit. He's an anchor around this team and he's gotta go.

Quote Originally Posted by JayC View Post
    I hope Ben retires.
    Why, his CAP hit stays with us? I'd have no problem drafting a rookie QB but Ben's numbers are going to kill us next year.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Why, his CAP hit stays with us? I'd have no problem drafting a rookie QB but Ben's numbers are going to kill us next year.

his decisions making killed us today ...

sure tipped balls but you got to know players put their arms up you cant release it that low for defenders getting it , lot of high throws across the middle ... just poor play sure he padded his stats but who gives a shit about those stats in a game you are getting your ass handed to you all day sure your gonna get some stats
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

JuJu is really the only receiver that consistently catches the ball.

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Bu-bu-but, he dances!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    But he's become a fucking cancer who talks shit and dances. If AB isn't immune, Juju needs to go too.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Bu-bu-but, he dances!!!
    I forgot. He’s got to go! He’s shit.

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Take away the first play and the tipped INT and we win, not all on Ben, but he has to shoulder the blame along with Tomlin for this one. The first quarter killed us as well as the ridiculous play calling. No huddle gets us back in the game and we stop and go back to the BS short passes when there was no wiggle room. That is on Tomlin.

sure tipped balls but you got to know players put their arms up you cant release it that low for defenders getting it , lot of high throws across the middle ... just poor play sure he padded his stats but who gives a shit about those stats in a game you are getting your ass handed to you all day sure your gonna get some stats
    He's used to throwing balls high like that because for years he knew AB and Ward were going to go get them. DJ and Ebron are interception creating machines with the amount of balls they tip up into the air.

Like I said his CAP hit is on the books next year so you fire Fichtner, try to build an OL, draft a RB and hope you get one more good year out of him. If he retires you have to go into rebuild mode and let all the vets walk and build around TJ and Fitzpatrick, Claypool and Juju (if they resign him). If they can get a legit QB for next season via trade then the Rooney's HAVE to tell Ben retire or be released.

But CAP hell is going to kill this team the next few years and we might be in for a playoff desert like we saw after Bradshaw.

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Ben sitting on the bench after the game had the look of retirement.

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    Take away the first play and the tipped INT and we win, not all on Ben, but he has to shoulder the blame along with Tomlin for this one. The first quarter killed us as well as the ridiculous play calling. No huddle gets us back in the game and we stop and go back to the BS short passes when there was no wiggle room. That is on Tomlin.
    That's when you know we're fishing for excuses.

Senior Member Array title="dislocatedday has a reputation beyond repute"> dislocatedday's Avatar

I am assuming this team will start a rebuild/re-tool (call it whatever you want). I think it is time to do this, particularly on offense. Looking at next year's salary cap charges, and the need to free up some money, here is where I would start with players not coming back to the Steelers:

Ben - Retire or Cut - He has a $41 million cap charge, with a $22 million dead cap hit if he is cut. The team gets $19 million back.

Haden - I like Haden, but he will be another year older and he has a cap charge of approximately $15.5 million - If he is released the team carries a cap hit of just under $3 million...so the team gets back about $12.5 million

Pouncey - $14.475 million cap charge next year if he is on roster. If he is cut he will count $6.475 against cap but team gets back $8 million.

Decastro - Similar to Pouncey - $14.297 million cap charge. If he is cut he will count $5.547 million against cap but team gets back about $8.5 million

Ebron - Carries a $8.5 million cap charge. If he is cut he will count $2.5 million against cap, but team gets back $6 million

McDonald - Carries a $7.925 million cap charge. If he is cut he will count $2.727 against the cap, but the team gets back $5.2 million.

So with getting rid of those guys who are not worth those contracts, the team will recoup $59.2 million by my math.

This makes getting guys on the Oline a priority and the team needs a TE too, as well as QB obviously, but I think the team should bite the bullet and do this going forward. I think they could turn around and sign some of these younger guys going into their prime who are FAs (JuJu, Dupree).

I'm not opposed to an all new coaching staff, but I do not think Tomlin will get axed. At a minimum though, I see no good reason to bring Fichtner back as OC.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

And now maybe everyone should understand how a bunch of other quarterbacks that lost a shitload more games than him have bigger stats. You know, the ones everyone wants to say are better than him. You put up big stats when you are behind in a lot of games and lose a lot more.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post
    Ben sitting on the bench after the game had the look of retirement.
    Pouncey was sitting right next to him.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Quote Originally Posted by dislocatedday View Post
    I am assuming this team will start a rebuild/re-tool (call it whatever you want). I think it is time to do this, particularly on offense. Looking at next year's salary cap charges, and the need to free up some money, here is where I would start with players not coming back to the Steelers:

Ben - Retire or Cut - He has a $41 million cap charge, with a $22 million dead cap hit if he is cut. The team gets $19 million back.

Haden - I like Haden, but he will be another year older and he has a cap charge of approximately $15.5 million - If he is released the team carries a cap hit of just under $3 million...so the team gets back about $12.5 million

Pouncey - $14.475 million cap charge next year if he is on roster. If he is cut he will count $6.475 against cap but team gets back $8 million.

Decastro - Similar to Pouncey - $14.297 million cap charge. If he is cut he will count $5.547 million against cap but team gets back about $8.5 million

Ebron - Carries a $8.5 million cap charge. If he is cut he will count $2.5 million against cap, but team gets back $6 million

McDonald - Carries a $7.925 million cap charge. If he is cut he will count $2.727 against the cap, but the team gets back $5.2 million.

So with getting rid of those guys who are not worth those contracts, the team will recoup $59.2 million by my math.

This makes getting guys on the Oline a priority and the team needs a TE too, as well as QB obviously, but I think the team should bite the bullet and do this going forward. I think they could turn around and sign some of these younger guys going into their prime who are FAs (JuJu, Dupree).

I'm not opposed to an all new coaching staff, but I do not think Tomlin will get axed. At a minimum though, I see no good reason to bring Fichtner back as OC.
    Good post and doable but unless they draft/trade for a QB that can start Rudolph is your starter next year. Bubby Brister 2021, ugh but I guess you have to lose a few years to probably rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by dislocatedday View Post

I think you keep Decastro, and draft a lot of OL. Would like to keep Dupree, but will take Hilton of the two if I had to choose between them to sign.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Pouncey was sitting right next to him.
    Good. They both need to hit the bricks.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

And people wonder why Bradshaw flipped this fanbase the bird for a good two+ decades after he retired...

Senior Member Array title="dislocatedday has a reputation beyond repute"> dislocatedday's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    And now maybe everyone should understand how a bunch of other quarterbacks that lost a shitload more games than him have bigger stats. You know, the ones everyone wants to say are better than him. You put up big stats when you are behind in a lot of games and lose a lot more.
    That was Matt Stafford in Detroit for so many years. He was always great to get in fantasy football because he would always get those late garbage points because the Lions would fall way behind, and then he would get 2-3 garbage time TDs in the 4th quarter and a finish with 350 yards and 3-4 TDs for the game.

Good post and doable but unless they draft/trade for a QB that can start Rudolph is your starter next year. Bubby Brister 2021, ugh but I guess you have to lose a few years to probably rebuild.
    I don’t know about a few years, one year of MR means a top 10-15 pick lol, get our next starting QB (hopeful) and above average drafts and rebuild is over.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Let the Mason Rudolph era begin!

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    And people wonder why Bradshaw flipped this fanbase the bird for a good two+ decades after he retired...
    It's a "what have you done for me lately" league, unfortunately.