Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Fire Tomlin - 2021 Edition

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Re: Fire Tomlin - 2021 Edition

Kordell had no business being a pocket passer, Once he stopped being slash he went downhill,

as far as coaches, when the Steelers do part ways with Tomlin there are a lot of up and coming coordinators out there, offensive and defensive, Bienemy, Bowles, leftwich, kingsbury….

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    what an idiot, ex punter with a gutter mouth
    Why because he’s right?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Banned Array title="Lloydwoodsonjr is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Why because he’s right?
    McAfee is right that the Steelers fans are spoiled compared to most other franchises.

McAfee never criticizes any NFL players or coaches though. Softball "journalism." His default will always be to shelter NFL personnel from criticism.

Tomlin: Success is measured in winning super bowls.

McAfee: Yinz are spoiled! Yinz can't hold Tomlin to his own standard!

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Why because he’s right?
    no, aside from his foul mouth (he’s supposed to be a talk show host not a guy at a bar) he’s totally not right. Fans have a right to complain about underperforming and losing to teams we obviously should not be losing to. our playoff record last eleven years has been 3-6. Chuck Nolls 80’s team which many of us regard as a down era was 2-4 in the playoffs between 81-89.

How many HOFers did Noll have on that team -aside from an older John Stallworth? Noll was forced out in 90’. Although his postseason performance hasn’t been much better with much more talent Tomlin is still around. I’m not saying fire him now, but I certainly understand the frustration and his tenure is getting stale

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

no, aside from his foul mouth (he’s supposed to be a talk show host not a guy at a bar) he’s totally not right. Fans have a right to complain about underperforming and losing to teams we obviously should not be losing to. our playoff record last eleven years has been 3-6. Chuck Nolls 80’s team which many of us regard as a down era was 2-4 in the playoffs between 81-89.

How many HOFers did Noll have on that team -aside from an older John Stallworth? Noll was forced out in 90’. Although his postseason performance hasn’t been much better with much more talent Tomlin is still around. I’m not saying fire him now, but I certainly understand the frustration and his tenure is getting stale
    That’s just it…he’s not a talk show host. He’s a cocky ex-punter with a microphone and claims to be no more than that…well maybe a wwf announcer too…

We Steelers fans can complain all we want but we are spoiled when it comes to the general NFL fan…very spoiled…lol. Which is a good thing as far as I’m concerned.

Imagine the outrage right now had Tomlin made the call that Harbaugh did with the same result…

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Imagine the outrage right now had Tomlin made the call that Harbaugh did with the same result…

Definitely.

I am just waiting for all the Steeler fans that like to say things like "Tomlin never has his team motivated to play", "Tomlin always has his teams underprepared", "Tomlin is wasting all this talent and losing with it"...to come out and explain how the Steelers defeated the Ravens with several players that fans had to google who they were, like #57, #77, #25.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Definitely.

I am just waiting for all the Steeler fans that like to say things like "Tomlin never has his team motivated to play", "Tomlin always has his teams underprepared", "Tomlin is wasting all this talent and losing with it"...to come out and explain how the Steelers defeated the Ravens with several players that fans had to google who they were, like #57, #77, #25.
    A few have started to try. Something along the lines of the Steelers didn't beat the Ravens but the Ravens gave the game away. Other nonsensical ramblings about needing to bully teams tends to follow.

I can't believe it looks like I am going to have to eat all of my words about Witherspoon. Not only did he look more than useless, he looked like he deserves another chance to start. Unbelievable.

- - - Updated - - -

Definitely.

A few have started to try. Something along the lines of the Steelers didn't beat the Ravens but the Ravens gave the game away. Other nonsensical ramblings about needing to bully teams tends to follow.

I can't believe it looks like I am going to have to eat all of my words about Witherspoon. Not only did he look more than useless, he looked like he deserves another chance to start. Unbelievable.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

this thread and all the others like it ......

the Fire Tomlin crowd is VOCAL at every loss at why he should go ....

The Your crazy to fire Tomlin crowd is VOCAL at every win as to why you are wrong .....

I can see logic in both sides but knowing the team he has a few more seasons or mediocrity left in him before they force him out like they did Noll and B.A. and Lebeau ..........
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Let’s be honest, if we had the same number of injuries the Ravens have, we would be winless

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Definitely.

Lol... Guilty, I had no idea who any of those guys were

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    Let’s be honest, if we had the same number of injuries the Ravens have, we would be winless
    If the Penguins won more games last year, they would have been Stanley Cup Champions. If I had the correct lottery numbers, I would be a millionaire.

I dont get how posing alternate reality situations, furthers any topic, other than to try to make a point that is not present reality.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    Lol... Guilty, I had no idea who any of those guys were
    It took me 20 seconds to remember that they signed Leglue to the active roster and remember he was 77. I too had to look up #57, because I thought John Fiala looked a lot bigger than he used to.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

if my aunt had a dick she'd be my uncle

If the Penguins won more games last year, they would have been Stanley Cup Champions. If I had the correct lottery numbers, I would be a millionaire.

I dont get how posing alternate reality situations, furthers any topic, other than to try to make a point that is not present reality.

- - - Updated - - -

It took me 20 seconds to remember that they signed Leglue to the active roster and remember he was 77. I too had to look up #57, because I thought John Fiala looked a lot bigger than he used to.
    I was stating the plainly obvious fact that the Ravens are dealing with far more injuries than we are currently and have a better record. This moves the conversation on coaching forward by showing how a different successful coach can affect a team. I thought that was pretty obvious, but I apparently needed to spell it out for some here . . .

Also, half the posts on this board don’t move any conversation forward, including your response.

I was stating the plainly obvious fact that the Ravens are dealing with far more injuries than we are currently and have a better record. This moves the conversation on coaching forward by showing how a different successful coach can affect a team. I thought that was pretty obvious, but I apparently needed to spell it out for some here . . .

Also, half the posts on this board don’t move any conversation forward, including your response.
    Not really. The Ravens injuries have been a lot of RB, so you just keep finding the next best RB to fill in. Ronnie Stanley goes down and they just move veteran LT Villanueva over there.

Can point to a lot of Steelers injuries this season that have limited their starters and reserves. JuJu, AluAlu, Tuitt, Hassenauer, Haden, Spillane, Dotson..... Its next man up and you coach the guys that you have on gameday. The fact that the Steelers just beat the Ravens and have defensive sub packages involving Maulet, Witherspoon and Norwood, while elevating practice squadders like Leglue, Tuszka and Adams to get significant playing time, shows some coaching skill to win with 3rd string players.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Yet despite supposedly vastly superior coaching to the Steelers, the Ravens have all of 4 playoff appearances in the last 8 years (2013-20), have a 2-4 playoff record during that span and haven't gotten past the divisional round since "God's Linebacker" was still on the team almost a decade ago...

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

This reminds of back in 2010 when everyone was praising the Packers for winning the Super Bowl with the most players on IR. The thing was, most of those players were backups (or third string). It certainly hurt their depth, but there weren’t many starters missing games.

The Ravens just lost Humphrey for the season. (It’s why Harbaugh went for two… because, DJ would have eaten the backup corner for dinner.) The loss of Humphrey HURTS, because IMO, Humphrey is the best overall corner in the entire league.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    if my aunt had a dick she'd be my uncle
    Meh…nowadays that’s questionable…

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Post. Of. The. Week!!!

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Nowadays your aunt doesn't need a dick to become your uncle. She just has to identify as your uncle and it is so.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

time for a new coach, tomlin and his flunkie coordinators have had enough chances to right this ship

Senior Member Array title="pepsyman1 has much to be proud of"> pepsyman1's Avatar

time for a new coach, tomlin and his flunkie coordinators have had enough chances to right this ship
    Well said....I concur

Either Tomlin fires the coordinators or the whole group goes. Rooney’s need to step in and make it happen.

Either Tomlin fires the coordinators or the whole group goes. Rooney’s need to step in and make it happen.
    Both. Honestly Every good coach leaves their 'stamp' on a team somehow and creates their identity. Usually they're a coach that coaches up x's and o's or physicality. What identity do Tomlin teams have? IMO since he's taken over the team has gotten softer and has had a habit of showing up to games ridiculously unprepared. Something has to change but honestly the kind of problems this team has is coming from upstairs. The Steelers won't win another championship with Tomlin as the HC. He's overrated and has been riding Ben's coat tails for his entire career.

Man this felt like Ben trying to bail out Tomlin and his staff

i know he just wanted the win but it looked like a bail out of ineptitude . Ben’s got to be frustrated after this game

Drvlspwr Array title="Steel Peon has a reputation beyond repute"> Steel Peon's Avatar

Golden Oldie, going back to December 30th of 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    LOST CAUSE

Tomlin's record against sub-.500 teams at the time they played them over the past two years (4-7) has come under scrutiny.

Tomlin said that's something he would look at during the offseason.

“Really, I'm in the midst of this 2015 season,” Tomlin said. “Painting with a broad brush and looking over the course of an extended period of time and things of that nature, that's stuff you do in the offseason. So we'll do it at that time.”

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/...#ixzz3vpIiAJoR
    So yeah, same shit, different decade
    “They say you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone. So I got rid of everything to see what I had.” ~ Steven Wright

Banned Array title="Lloydwoodsonjr is a splendid one to behold">

The coordinators are not the problem. Dick Lebeau was one of the best DC ever and Bruce Arians has had tremendous success as a HC.

The team's identity has always been the same under Tomlin. He has always favored "weapons" at the expense of the OL since the 2008 draft.

Tomlin has never cared about the run. Anything out of the FO demanding a running game is from Rooney.

Tomlin's base defense is the nickel. He got rid of the 2 gap system and 4-3. (Other teams did too just saying)

Tomlin has run the offense out of shotgun almost his entire tenure. Lead blocking is gone. Runs are often draws that don't fool anyone.

You can keep changing coordinators but this is Tomlin's team. It won't change.

Man this felt like Ben trying to bail out Tomlin and his staff

i know he just wanted the win but it looked like a bail out of ineptitude . Ben’s got to be frustrated after this game
    Ben was frustrated, I am pretty sure he told the coaches to F off and just took over the offense and almost won the game.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Ben was frustrated, I am pretty sure he told the coaches to F off and just took over the offense and almost won the game.

I think that's the most pissed off I ever saw Ben. It was a complete shitshow in the first half. Screwups everywhere, and for much of that game...he was struggling to catch nearly every snap. The interception when Johnson quit on the route.

Even Aikman said he thought Ben was holding it together better than he would have.

To anyone paying attention, Ben held that whole thing together, and demonstrated the will to win for 60 minutes. He showed why he's a HOF quarterback. I hope his entire team was paying attention, because that's what it takes to be great.

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    I think that's the most pissed off I ever saw Ben. It was a complete shitshow in the first half. Screwups everywhere, and for much of that game...he was struggling to catch nearly every snap. The interception when Johnson quit on the route.

Even Aikman said he thought Ben was holding it together better than he would have.

To anyone paying attention, Ben held that whole thing together, and demonstrated the will to win for 60 minutes. He showed why he's a HOF quarterback. I hope his entire team was paying attention, because that's what it takes to be great.
    Agree.

I’m not quite sure what the hell Green was doing 3/4 of the game. Terrible snaps throughout the whole game, times where he just didn’t snap the ball. I can understand once, but he didn’t snap it a few times and one time probably should’ve been a delay of game penalty but wasn’t. The O-Line wasn’t this bad with Mahan in there…lol.