Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: They say it takes 3 seasons to grade a draft. How did we do in 2018?

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Re: They say it takes 3 seasons to grade a draft. How did we do in 2018?

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Fairly simple. Throw out Edmunds rookie year on the premise that even generational talents can have poor rookie years. Then evaluate Edmunds trajectory or the idea that he’s greatly improved each year. Taking all that in, revise your grade on him. It’s the idea that many fans assign a grade or ranking to a player and never move off of it despite improved play.

For many Dupree is still a bust despite growing into one of the better edge defenders. I’m sure people feel the same way about Leonard Floyd even after watching him wreck Seattle today.

Edmunds was a C who turned into a B and is a few INTs away from being an A.
    Edmunds got very lucky in his 2 INT's. The ball went right to him, all he had to do was catch it.

Edmunds is going to be a free agent soon. He needs a good year in 2021, otherwise, someone else can over pay for him. IMO he's the 10th most valuable starter on this defense. I could argue Hilton is worth more, and he doesn't start. This year Edmunds was more assignment sound, and didn't blown any tackles. It must be something to play behind our pass rush.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Six Rings View Post
    Edmunds got very lucky in his 2 INT's. The ball went right to him, all he had to do was catch it.
    I'm pretty sure that Ike dropped about 25 of those. For that matter, most of Minka's picks are balls being tipped right to him. Does that lessen him?

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Ike dropped about 25 of those. For that matter, most of Minka's picks are balls being tipped right to him. Does that lessen him?
    I think Ike was 3x the player that Edmunds is, but his lack of hands was a drawback for sure. Minka makes split second pays, he's allowed to drop some. Even Rod dropped some. Edmunds went something like 30 games or more without an INT before playing the Jaguars. That's awful for a staring safety.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

People still want to say Terrell Edmunds is anything more than a C pick?

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Grading the draft which is the question and not last night's performance by ANY player? YES, I still give the Edmunds pick higher than C.