Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The problems with our running game. A brutal and honest review

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Re: The problems with our running game. A brutal and honest review

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    He's getting mocked because these are a series of old ideas that have been talked about multiple times around here for years in some cases. The second is that this particular poster has a long history of cutting and pasting long posts such as the one above from other sources and passing them off as his own. This seems like that, only Six Rings has finally learned how to unify formatting.

BS, there are some NEW players and new tendencies in this thread. I could say ANY thread on an older player has been covered before. In this case organized my own ideas from older and new players, and combined with with coaching and scheming to explain why we can't run the ball very well. You won't find any article like this on the web.

What other source? You're a liar. Show me. If it comes from another writer, I post the link. By the way I post on other boards too. I could start a post that Ben finally practiced on Wednesday and you'd say it came from somewhere else.

The football content is fine. If you disagree try to debating it for a change. End of rant.

To W&M, thanks. I think it's a good post. Since you're new the real deal is I think our coaching among other things holds us back. I could say Randy Fichtner sucks and there are no issues. But if I say Tomlin is over rated, guys like MoJouw, DesertSteel, or Hawkman can't seem to take it.

I say let the football and ideas rule and take off your homer glasses.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Six Rings View Post
    BS, there are some NEW players in this thread. I could say ANY thread on an older player has been covered before. In this case organized my own ideas from older and new players, and combined with with coaching and scheming to explain why we can't run the ball very well. You won't find any article like this on the web.

What other source?. You're a liar. Show me. If it comes from another writer, I post the link. I could start a post that Ben finally practiced on Wednesday and you'd say it came from somewhere else.

The football content is fine. If you disagree try to debate it for a change. End of rant.

To W&M, thanks. I think it's a good post. Since you're new the real deal is I think our coaching among other things holds us back. I could say Randy Fichtner sucks and there are no issue. But I I say Tomlin is over rated, guys like MoJouw, DesertSteel, or Hawkman can't seem to take it.

I say let the football and ideas rule.
    You've been cutting and pasting posts on here for awhile now. You have been called out on it with links and specific examples by myself and at least 2 other posters. You typically just slink off for a handful of days and then show back up later with out acknowledging any of it.

Did you cut and paste this particular post? Not that I can tell. Have you done it many times before? Yes, without a doubt. In fact, I kinda feel like being a jerk...so I will re-post your most recent cut and paste episode to this thread as soon as I can find it.

You've been cutting and pasting posts on here for awhile now. You have been called out on it with links and specific examples by myself and at least 2 other posters. You typically just slink off for a handful of days and then show back up later with out acknowledging any of it.

Did you cut and paste this particular post? Not that I can tell. Have you done it many times before? Yes, without a doubt. In fact, I kinda feel like being a jerk...so I will re-post your most recent cut and paste episode to this thread as soon as I can find it.

Dude, I asked for an example. You have none. Keep looking, you'll find crap. This is original post. I do post on other Steelers boards just in case you find a needle in a haystack. Do you post on any other board?

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Dude, I asked for an example. You have none. Keep looking, you'll find crap. This is original post. I do post on other Steelers boards just in case you find a needle in a haystack. Do you post on any other board?
    I'm not finding it as quickly as I would like right now. But the one example I know is on this board is when you posted a long breakdown of your grades on every major Steelers coach or unit. I found it word for word elsewhere on the internet. Called you on it and you just simply never responded. Like I said, two other posters have provided evidence of you doing the same on multiple other occasions. They have called you out on it. You never respond.

One is forced to conclude that you got caught passing off others work as your own and just hoped ignoring it would make it go away.

I'm not finding it as quickly as I would like right now. But the one example I know is on this board is when you posted a long breakdown of your grades on every major Steelers coach or unit. I found it word for word elsewhere on the internet. Called you on it and you just simply never responded. Like I said, two other posters have provided evidence of you doing the same on multiple other occasions. They have called you out on it. You never respond.

One is forced to conclude that you got caught passing off others work as your own and just hoped ignoring it would make it go away.

You had it right before when you said I feel like a jerk. Didn't I tell you I have posted other boards too? Have you ever posted on a Steeler board besides this one? No ducking please as this is the second time I'm asking. Name them. What do I get the feeling your going to avoid this question again?

Once again, this post is original and you were wrong to mock it. There is nothing wrong with the search engines on the web. Your wrong and giving BS. You would be better off to say I'm a Tomlin fanboy and despise me for what I said. At least that would be honest.

If I posted one of my posts ( From months ago ) from here to another board or vice versa, its from me and rare and means I liked it and wanted to see this another boards take. Otherwise there is a link to the article on the web.

You had it right before when you said I feel like a jerk. Didn't I tell you I have posted other boards too? Have you ever posted on a Steeler board besides this one? No ducking please as this is the second time I'm asking. Name them. What do I get the feeling your going to avoid this question again?

Once again, this post is original and you were wrong to mock it. There is nothing wrong with the search engines on the web. Your wrong and giving BS. You would be better off to say I'm a Tomlin fanboy and despise me for what I said. At least that would be honest.

If I posted one of my posts ( From months ago ) from here to another board or vice versa, its from me and rare and means I liked it and wanted to see this another boards take. Otherwise there is a link to the article on the web.
    I don’t currently post on any other Steelers message boards. And when I did, it was under this screen name or my other archnerduw.

Look, you can do a search of your own posts and see where you’ve been directly accused of ripping stuff off and failed to respond. Take the opportunity here. Offer a defense.

Or you can roll the dice, and list your other screen names and see if they align with the times you’ve gotten caught out before.

I don’t currently post on any other Steelers message boards. And when I did, it was under this screen name or my other archnerduw.

Look, you can do a search of your own posts and see where you’ve been directly accused of ripping stuff off and failed to respond. Take the opportunity here. Offer a defense.

Or you can roll the dice, and list your other screen names and see if they align with the times you’ve gotten caught out before.

Sorting out this mess, you say you did post on other boards. Same as me. Okay now, what board/boards? Why not name them for me? I'm thinking you checked the old board I was on and found NOTHING. Shouldn't I get the same chance?

If I wanted to spend time where you were in the past, I bet I'd find the " plagiarism " you're accusing me of. Cased closed. Now you can close it out by saying you were out of line or give a football comment / add to the initial post that would be fine.

I'll offer a hand shake. We've got a playoff game coming up. Let's move on.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

1) Ebron pulls the LB out into coverage with him, which decreases the pass rush. You don’t bench your best TE. Same goes with DJ (and, he’s actually not a bad blocker).

2) They are adding young O-line talent every year. I expect two more (early) in the upcoming draft.

2-a) DeCastro is injured. After a season of healing, he’ll be back to form.

3) Anthony Lynn

3-a) Realistically... Matt Canada

4) Indeed. Draft a RB every year (85-100 range). Run the wheels off of them. Hope one of them turns out to be a 1500 yards-from-scrimmage type of back.

5. I’m not taking the starting QB off of the field for Dobbs. Disagree. That said, I would indeed use Dobbs much like they did in the Browns game.

6. It’s one of those weird things: the Steelers have not used play-action for a very long time.

Sorting out this mess, you say you did post on other boards. Same as me. Okay now, what board/boards? Why not name them for me? I'm thinking you checked the old board I was on and found NOTHING. Shouldn't I get the same chance?

If I wanted to spend time where you were in the past, I bet I'd find the " plagiarism " you're accusing me of. Cased closed. Now you can close it out by saying you were out of line or give a football comment / add to the initial post that would be fine.

I'll offer a hand shake. We've got a playoff game coming up. Let's move on.
    Years and years and years ago, I posted at Steelers.com. Then I posted at DraftSteel (which may not even exist anymore). Then I posted here. I haven't posted concurrently in over 3 years - likely more. When I posted here and at Draftsteel at the same time, I would sometimes use the same posting. Typically, I would disclose that to avoid just the discussion we are having here.

Look, maybe you post under a variety of screen names here and elsewhere. In that case, my accusations are groundless. Or maybe you don't and it is just a paper thin excuse attempting to explain.

Either way, people asked why you were being mocked. I posted and told them. Whether you agree with it or not, the reasons I outlined in my post are why you get mocked on here. Do with that information what you will.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

...Then I posted at DraftSteel (which may not even exist anymore).
    Doesn't look like it: https://draftsteel.com/ - the domain name is for sale for $5K.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Doesn't look like it: https://draftsteel.com/ - the domain name is for sale for $5K.
    It’s gone.

Years and years and years ago, I posted at Steelers.com. Then I posted at DraftSteel (which may not even exist anymore). Then I posted here. I haven't posted concurrently in over 3 years - likely more. When I posted here and at Draftsteel at the same time, I would sometimes use the same posting. Typically, I would disclose that to avoid just the discussion we are having here.

Look, maybe you post under a variety of screen names here and elsewhere. In that case, my accusations are groundless. Or maybe you don't and it is just a paper thin excuse attempting to explain.

Either way, people asked why you were being mocked. I posted and told them. Whether you agree with it or not, the reasons I outlined in my post are why you get mocked on here. Do with that information what you will.
    So if I was on Steelers.com, or DraftSteel I can easily accuse you of plagiarism too. Yes, your accusations were groundless. So if I'm being mocked for posting on an old board, I'd imagine others are guilty of the same. Let the poster who has only posted here throw the first stone.

With no data from you, and the history cleared up , I don't expect to see this from you again.

So if I was on Steelers.com, or DraftSteel I can easily accuse you of plagiarism too. Yes, your accusations were groundless. So if I'm being mocked for posting on an old board, I'd imagine others are guilty of the same. Let the poster who has only posted here throw the first stone.

With no data from you, and the history cleared up , I don't expect to see this from you again.
    So what you are saying is that you want to press the issue and have me find the old post from this exact forum where you posted something that was word for word the same as a posting from another forum? Is that what you want?

I know it is on here somewhere. I even remember the screenname of the post you replicated. All I got to do is find it...Are you sure you want to go down that road?

OK: I found it.

Since you never answered it last time...lets do it an easy way: What screen names do you post at other places under?

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Great deflect.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Great deflect.
    I'm pretty much done with that point. Just pointing out how easy it is to do with the right information. Mojouw I think is done too, unless he's a stalker type. i offered a handshake.

Oh, I am totally the stalker type. Makes me feel like a gritty virtual PI. A digital Sam Spade. Feeds right in to my Humphrey Bogart fantasies.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    1) Ebron pulls the LB out into coverage with him, which decreases the pass rush. You don’t bench your best TE. Same goes with DJ (and, he’s actually not a bad blocker).

2) They are adding young O-line talent every year. I expect two more (early) in the upcoming draft.

2-a) DeCastro is injured. After a season of healing, he’ll be back to form.

3) Anthony Lynn

3-a) Realistically... Matt Canada

4) Indeed. Draft a RB every year (85-100 range). Run the wheels off of them. Hope one of them turns out to be a 1500 yards-from-scrimmage type of back.

5. I’m not taking the starting QB off of the field for Dobbs. Disagree. That said, I would indeed use Dobbs much like they did in the Browns game.

6. It’s one of those weird things: the Steelers have not used play-action for a very long time.

I think Ebron sucks as a a blocker. Having a TE who can block really helps in the running game.

I would not call Dotson adding young talent, more like replacing older talent for less money.

Agreed DD is playing injured. At least that's what I hope it is.

Did I mention three of our projected starters from camp are unrestricted free agents? Ouch. We need lots of young talent and Pouncey looks to be on his last legs. OL should be drafted twice this year. OG/C looks fine in round one or two. Or three. Getting a tackle will be problematic in round one. Well see who's on the board because by our pick in round two, 8-9 guys will be off the board. Do you reach here or wait?

Which team did Canada ever coach? His record in college as a he'd coach is 5-7. I don't see the allure to him other than he's not Randy Fitchner. I have zero faith in Tomlin hiring a NEW OC. Haley? Fitchner? The only decent one was Airans, hired by Cowher, and we won the Super Bowl with him, and let him go.

I'm okay with Running Back in round one. Due to the OL drain, we need lots of OL players.

Why not play Dobbs once or twice a game? He adds an extra area of the field to defense and rep for. It sure beats the heck out of those called Jet sweeps! Teams don't seem ready for Dobbs this late in the season.

Play action is one of the best ways to go deep. Yeah, why don't we use it. When Haley was here, the QB sneak was not allowed. Go figure.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, I am totally the stalker type. Makes me feel like a gritty virtual PI. A digital Sam Spade. Feeds right in to my Humphrey Bogart fantasies.
    I said I'm done. If you get off on remembering poster names on other boards or posts from years ago, well I'll let someone else define what that is.

Eh, you know what? Why not? I am awake with extra energy processing the playoff loss. So let's give this a whirl.

On November 16th of 2020, Six Rings made this nice detailed post: http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru...l=1#post747544

On November 17th, I found the same posting verbatim on another Steelers Message Board. I posted that to the thread here:http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru...l=1#post748427

So, if that was you reposting your own writings several days later...fine? If not, then, what would you call it?

If it was you legitimating posting stuff under different names in different forums, I will back off and I offer an honest apology for the misunderstanding. Truly, I do. There is a simple way to clear it up. I PM'ed the original poster on the other message board. If that poster is also Six Rings, you should have no problem PM'ing me back.

Again, I want to be very clear. I am sincerely sorry if this is just the same poster putting a nice detailed message up in multiple forums. If I wrote all that out, I wouldn't want to rewrite it just to get a different groups of football fans take on it. If that is what happened, then thank you for sharing it. Please continue to do so.

If it is not what happened, then...your move?

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Eh, you know what? Why not? I am awake with extra energy processing the playoff loss. So let's give this a whirl.

On November 16th of 2020, Six Rings made this nice detailed post: http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru...l=1#post747544

On November 17th, I found the same posting verbatim on another Steelers Message Board. I posted that to the thread here:http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru...l=1#post748427

So, if that was you reposting your own writings several days later...fine? If not, then, what would you call it?

If it was you legitimating posting stuff under different names in different forums, I will back off and I offer an honest apology for the misunderstanding. Truly, I do. There is a simple way to clear it up. I PM'ed the original poster on the other message board. If that poster is also Six Rings, you should have no problem PM'ing me back.

Again, I want to be very clear. I am sincerely sorry if this is just the same poster putting a nice detailed message up in multiple forums. If I wrote all that out, I wouldn't want to rewrite it just to get a different groups of football fans take on it. If that is what happened, then thank you for sharing it. Please continue to do so.

dong post?

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

@Six Rings

Dotson was the second highest rated rookie OG, and was named as the starter on PFF’s “all rookie” team.

Like I said, I’m not starting Dobbs... but, I’m fine with the way they used him (in the regular season finale).

Yes I mentioned this. I thought it was a good post so I tried it on another board. Old news. However we see in addition to posting on a defunct board and another board ( To take your word ) , we can add Steeler Universe. How many boards do you really search looking for this type of stuff? Now you're approaching stalker level. Congratulations.

Lucky for you, I'm not going to the other board you post on the check for duplicates. I have better things to do. Your trolling whether you realize it or not. It's not plagiarism if I wrote it. Besides why do you care what another person might type on another board? You can answer that one, it might explain a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

@Six Rings

Dotson was the second highest rated rookie OG, and was named as the starter on PFF’s “all rookie” team.

Like I said, I’m not starting Dobbs... but, I’m fine with the way they used him (in the regular season finale).
    How many rookie guard started this season? It could be a very small sample. On Dotosn, I like his hustle, but as run blocker below what we need. A reason why he's on the bench.

@Six Rings

Interesting. If you think Dotson was a bad pick, then I really don’t know how to else respond.

@Six Rings

Interesting. If you think Dotson was a bad pick, then I really don’t know how to else respond.
    I didn't say that. I think Dotson was a solid later round pick, who is signed for cheap and can play if needed. I also think his run block is below par, and he's on the bench for a reason. PFF says he has 3 flags, a little high for the amount of time he played.

As for PFF calling him the 2nd best rookie guard, well how many played enough as rookies to rate? It's a fair question. I think its shallow sample pool. It's tough to rate Steeler pass blocking for interior OL players, because Ben throws it quickly and often short. What the OL players can do is make sure the pass isn't blocked. That was a problem all year, and last night.

I didn't say that. I think Dotson was a solid later round pick, who is signed for cheap and can play if needed. I also think his run block is below par, and he's on the bench for a reason. PFF says he has 3 flags, a little high for the amount of time he played.

As for PFF calling him the 2nd best rookie guard, well how many played enough as rookies to rate? It's a fair question. I think its shallow sample pool. It's tough to rate Steeler pass blocking for interior OL players, because Ben throws it quickly and often short. What the OL players can do is make sure the pass isn't blocked. That was a problem all year, and last night.
    I know that in two different weeks, he was the highest-rated OG (of all players in the NFL), and if I recall, one week, he was the highest-rate O-lineman.

Regardless, he was the best (or at least top two) rookies drafted last year. I’m not sure how much better of a pick you can get. In the upcoming draft, if we draft another O-lineman of Dotson’s ilk, I would be ecstatic.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Lucky for you, I'm not going to the other board you post on the check for duplicates.
    You can't. The other boards he post(ed) on (past tense) are long since defunct, which he already explained.

I know that in two different weeks, he was the highest-rated OG (of all players in the NFL), and if I recall, one week, he was the highest-rate O-lineman.

Regardless, he was the best (or at least top two) rookies drafted last year. I’m not sure how much better of a pick you can get. In the upcoming draft, if we draft another O-lineman of Dotson’s ilk, I would be ecstatic.
    He has a PFF rating in the 60's for the season. Many guards rate higher. I don't know how many, but the ratings go up to the 80's. I realize we are all starving for good OL players. I think we are putting too much hope in a rookie who can't run block well. Dotson should start next year if/when we lose Feiler in free agency.

If you ask me, a legit DT/NT is a bigger need than fans think. We are blown off the LOS too easily.

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    You can't. The other boards he post(ed) on (past tense) are long since defunct, which he already explained.
    Sorry, this is not so. https://www.steelers.com is still up and running and he said he posted there See post #39 in this thread. Also, you have to assume he's being 100% honest.

If I wanted to spend the time, and he gave me his poster name at Steeler.com, I could do it. Anyone can. It's a waste of my time. The main thing I wanted to clear up is my work and posts are my own.

His accusations of plagiarism are false. And in the future if they come up agin from him, I'd hope the Admin people take care of it.

Sorry, this is not so. https://www.steelers.com is still up and running and he said he posted there See post #39 in this thread. Also, you have to assume he's being 100% honest.

If I wanted to spend the time, and he gave me his poster name at Steeler.com, I could do it. Anyone can. It's a waste of my time. The main thing I wanted to clear up is my work and posts are my own.

His accusations of plagiarism are false. And in the future if they come up agin from him, I'd hope the Admin people take care of it.
    Please tell me where the chat room is on Steelers.com. Must have just started up again. I think it’s been gone for at least 10 years.....unless it’s secret.

Thought so. There isn’t one and hasn’t been for quite some time. Odd that you didn’t know that.

He has a PFF rating in the 60's for the season. Many guards rate higher. I don't know how many, but the ratings go up to the 80's. I realize we are all starving for good OL players. I think we are putting too much hope in a rookie who can't run block well. Dotson should start next year if/when we lose Feiler in free agency.

If you ask me, a legit DT/NT is a bigger need than fans think. We are blown off the LOS too easily.
    Like I said, if we get another Dotson in the 2021 Draft, I’d be ecstatic.

JJ Watt as a DT. Yep. I’m calling it now.