Thread: J.J. Watt tells Deshaun Watson: “I’m sorry, we wasted one of your years”

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

J.J. Watt tells Deshaun Watson: “I’m sorry, we wasted one of your years”

Texans defensive lineman J.J. Watt knows that a team shouldn’t finish 4-12 when its quarterback has a great year like the one Deshaun Watson had.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...of-your-years/

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: J.J. Watt tells Deshaun Watson: “I’m sorry, we wasted one of your years”

Bring them BOTH to Pittsburgh!!!

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I'd be fine with that!

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    doubt it will ever happen because of cap reasons obviously, but it's hard to not like either of them

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

If Ben's contract ended after this year I would say do whatever you need to trade for Watson but there is no way in hell we could with Ben here another year. As far as JJ, his tank is probably pretty empty with a chronic back issue ... no thanks unless he wants to play for a HUGE pay cut.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    If Ben's contract ended after this year I would say do whatever you need to trade for Watson but there is no way in hell we could with Ben here another year. As far as JJ, his tank is probably pretty empty with a chronic back issue ... no thanks unless he wants to play for a HUGE pay cut.
    Wouldn't mind him being like a Tyson Alualu type of player (before this year) that comes in to give Heyward a breather. Though doubtful, just from his reputation alone he'll be beyond the price tag for a backup / spot duty player

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Wouldn't mind him being like a Tyson Alualu type of player (before this year) that comes in to give Heyward a breather. Though doubtful, just from his reputation alone he'll be beyond the price tag for a backup / spot duty player
    The only way I see this happening is if he just wants to play with his brothers and gives the Steelers a brotherhood discount......I know, not going to happen.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/d...-deal-star-qb/

CBS sports has a piece on landing spots for Watson (if he's traded). We come in at #11.

If Watson is available this off season the Rooney's should be telling Ben it's "time" and doing anything they can to land him.

Imagine his talent with our young receivers? Hell, he would make our running game better.