Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steelers/Browns Wild Card Game Time Set

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Re: Steelers/Browns Wild Card Game Time Set

Juju's had a nagging knee injury the whole season. He's played through it and tik tok'd with it so I don't know the seriousness but he's missed a few practices this season.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

With Bitonio out for Sunday, we may have more success against the Browns running game. I’m never going to underestimate their rushing offense, especially with the two studs that they have, but having been beat by them on Sunday, and pro bowl guard out, I like our chances.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Steelers/Browns Wild Card Game Time Set

With Stefanski calling the plays, you could count on him NOT using Chubb properly. With Stefanski out, my fear is that whomever is calling the plays will lean heavily on Chubb and that could create some fits for this defense. Chubb had three carries for 61 yards and a TD on the first series last week (not just because the Steelers were starting some second stringers...he does that to good starters as well) and he took him out the second series to put Hunt in there. Makes zero sense. Stefanski doesn’t ride Chubb as a bell cow back and with Chubbs production, he should be using him a little more. Bitonio being out should help!!

Hopefully, Stefanski has a game plan that the new play caller will stick to...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    With Stefanski calling the plays, you could count on him NOT using Chubb properly. With Stefanski out, my fear is that whomever is calling the plays will lean heavily on Chubb and that could create some fits for this defense. Chubb had three carries for 61 yards and a TD on the first series last week (not just because the Steelers were starting some second stringers...he does that to good starters as well) and he took him out the second series to put Hunt in there. Makes zero sense. Stefanski doesn’t ride Chubb as a bell cow back and with Chubbs production, he should be using him a little more. Bitonio being out should help!!

Hopefully, Stefanski has a game plan that the new play caller will stick to...lol.
    Having Vince back in should help too.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Someone out there showed how Bince would have made a “tackle for a loss” on one of those runs, but got tackles by the guard. Not that Chubb isn’t good (he’s great), but that drive should have ended with a holding penalty.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Someone out there showed how Bince would have made a “tackle for a loss” on one of those runs, but got tackles by the guard. Not that Chubb isn’t good (he’s great), but that drive should have ended with a holding penalty.
    Agree!! There were a lot of game changing penalties that were missed.

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

This remembers me of the times when Marvin Lewis and Hue Jackson were coaches (for the Bengals/Browns). You could count on these guys to make their team worse. That got us a lot of wins .

Can Tomlin and staff go all the way up to game day before deciding to activate Spillane and/or Feiler?

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Our D seems to stop Hunt fairly easy but not Chubb. I’d load up and make Baker beat them out of the gate.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

NFLN just played the 2002 wild card game. It never gets old for me. Offense by BA with no run game to close out a lead, Tommy Maddox throwing darts to Ward, Burress, El, Tuman. Amos carrying the rock, Gildon and Peezy rushing the passer, while Mularkey draws up some creative offense and that Bad Ma' Fala scores the winner. Lets hope for more of that kind of play on Sunday.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    NFLN just played the 2002 wild card game. It never gets old for me. Offense by BA with no run game to close out a lead, Tommy Maddox throwing darts to Ward, Burress, El, Tuman. Amos carrying the rock, Gildon and Peezy rushing the passer, while Mularkey draws up some creative offense and that Bad Ma' Fala scores the winner. Lets hope for more of that kind of play on Sunday.

Without falling way behind please. My heart can't take it!

I saw the end of the game on NFLN. The sound of the playoff crowd gave me chills. I haven't heard that sound in a while!

I turned the volume way up and took it all in.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Yes. Just lead from the get go...please...

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post

I saw the end of the game on NFLN. The sound of the playoff crowd gave me chills. I haven't heard that sound in a while!

Speaking of the crowd noise, I posted this somewhere else, but it bears iteration...

After the Steelers took the lead, the guy in the sound booth played “RENEGADE” for the first time.

The rest, as they say, is history.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Speaking of the crowd noise, I posted this somewhere else, but it bears iteration...

After the Steelers took the lead, the guy in the sound booth played “RENEGADE” for the first time.

The rest, as they say, is history.

.....and so it began!

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

interesting reading this morning...but I think BOTH Browns starting CBs are out on Sunday? So I guess...that the game will rest squarely on Ben R and the passing game. Which was likely to happen anyways...but if the plan was to have Mason attempt to beat the bak-up CB like a drum, I gotta figure they are going to go back to the well again tomorrow.

So basically the game comes down to Ben R versus Nick Chubb.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

I know, I felt the hair on my arms stand up when they played Renegade after the TD by Fu.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    interesting reading this morning...but I think BOTH Browns starting CBs are out on Sunday? So I guess...that the game will rest squarely on Ben R and the passing game. Which was likely to happen anyways...but if the plan was to have Mason attempt to beat the bak-up CB like a drum, I gotta figure they are going to go back to the well again tomorrow.

So basically the game comes down to Ben R versus Nick Chubb.
    For the first time ever, Fitchner will call 12 straight run plays to start the game. Don’t fret: they will still all be draws that are run laterally.

For the first time ever, Fitchner will call 12 straight run plays to start the game. Don’t fret: they will still all be draws that are run laterally.

I know.....Let's run a delayed draw, and run laterally so that all the defenders have time to get back to the line of scrimmage!

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Looks like if we win we will be playing Buffalo, who almost got taken to OT by the Colts

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    Looks like if we win we will be playing Buffalo, who almost got taken to OT by the Colts
    Bills are what they’ve always been this year-a dangerous team that can be beat. BUT to beat them you better be ready to put up 28+ because Allen in 2020 can hang points on anyone in a hurry.

If the Steelers most effective play is a punt like it was earlier this season, then they would get smoked.

Gotta beat the Browns first. Which is also TOTALLY dependent on which version of Old Man Ben shows up.

Spillane and Feiler activated for tomorrow.

I know.....Let's run a delayed draw, and run laterally so that all the defenders have time to get back to the line of scrimmage!

FITCHNER: “Guys, when you get the ball, run backwards. They’ll never see it coming!!!”

That GIF is almost exactly what I see when they do that...lol. Like...no joke...

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

FITCHNER: “Guys, when you get the ball, run backwards. They’ll never see it coming!!!”

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Juju's had a nagging knee injury the whole season. He's played through it and tik tok'd with it so I don't know the seriousness but he's missed a few practices this season.
    If true, it sure didn't hurt his dancing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    I saw the game. Josh Allen looks like he can be great. All he needs is " that moment " in the playoffs. The Bills team believes in him. He's big, he can run, and he can throw it deep with accuracy. His mid game ,I think could use some polish. The Colts are better than the Browns. We got the perfect draw.

I will be doing whatever I can from my couch to influence the outcome of this game BUT

I will be doing whatever I can from my couch to influence the outcome of this game BUT

Lol. How’s that working out?

Lol. How’s that working out?
    I said I had a bad feeling. This has been coming for months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I said I had a bad feeling. This has been coming for months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah. You could see it (most could) coming miles away. Really started to stand out during that Ravens game and from there on out until present day.