Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers/Browns Wild Card Game Time Set

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Steelers/Browns Wild Card Game Time Set

The Steelers will host the Cleveland Browns at Heinz Field in the AFC Wild Card Round on Sunday, January 10. Kickoff for the game is set for 8:15 p.m. and will be broadcast on NBC (WPXI-TV in Pittsburgh).

The Steelers split the series with the Browns this season, defeating them soundly, 38-7, in Week 6 at Heinz Field, and dropping the season finale, 24-22, in Week 17, with several Steelers starters sitting out, including quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.

Steelers to face Browns in AFC Wild Card Round https://www.steelers.com/news/steele...ild-card-round

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Steelers/Browns Wild Card Game Time Set

Of course roger gives them the Sunday night time slot.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Do we know of Spillane will be back? Other than him, we are pretty healthy for next week right?

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    Do we know of Spillane will be back? Other than him, we are pretty healthy for next week right?
    Pretty sure Haden will be out next week too due to the Covid.

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Playoffs winners are going to be decided by who is one the Covid list. Maybe an overstatement? But it will be a major factor.

Do we get Ebron back? Do we lose anybody else?

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

We got the easiest draw in round one.

I think we will be fine without Haden, Ebron and Spillane, but would be better with Spillane to help with scrambling Baker as he is the fastest remaining ILB (I think). Sucks for Haden, I am sure he would like nothing better than to knock the Browns out of the playoffs.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Notice how they gave the Saints a Sunday game...just enough time to get Kamara back. Lol.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I think we will be fine without Haden, Ebron and Spillane, but would be better with Spillane to help with scrambling Baker as he is the fastest remaining ILB (I think). Sucks for Haden, I am sure he would like nothing better than to knock the Browns out of the playoffs.
    ILB rotation and line-up will be a bit of challenge.

I suspect that the two best run-stoppers are VW and Spillane. Williamson has a bit more range and "play in space" capacity than those two but doesn't seem to have the timing on the pass rush and plays behind the LOS that VW and Spillane have. HOWEVER...Spillane's health remains to be seen and VW is clearly still struggling with the aftermath of COVID and some other ailments. Finally, if you want a "mobile" spy for a scrambling QB...Marcus Allen might be the best suited to the job. But he can be a liability in the standard run game when OL can get their hands on him due to his size.

Going to be interesting how they try and use all the options...

Wednesday, January 6
    K Chris Boswell (Groin) - Limited
    CB Steven Nelson (Knee) - Limited
    S Terrell Edmunds (Shoulder) - Full
    DE Tyson Alualu (Ankle) - DNP
    LB Vince Williams (Quadriceps) - DNP

Steelers Announce: No Fans Sunday Night.

Ebron and Marsh activated from Covid List.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Steelers Announce: No Fans Sunday Night.
    I don't get that. You could easily separate a 1000 or so fans in that stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    I be think the limit is 2500 and that’s for staff, players, family and friends.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I be think the limit is 2500 and that’s for staff, players, family and friends.
    Right, why give people who pay the bills a seat.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    I have no idea how many fans were in the stadium during the Cleveland game last Sunday, but it looked like a fair amount and well spread out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    I have no idea how many fans were in the stadium during the Cleveland game last Sunday, but it looked like a fair amount and well spread out.
    I believe about 12,000

Before the scoreboard clock in FirstEnergy Stadium ticked off its final seconds, most of the 12,000 fans — there were some Terrible Towel wavers — cheered wildly and Browns players danced off the sideline and onto the field.
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/recap?gameId=401220164

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

How 'vanilla' do you guys think the Browns played vs our backups last week? On one hand they needed to win to make the playoffs so maybe they played with a full playbook. But on the other hand maybe they felt confident enough to pull out some things they weren't going to show yet. I felt they were saving Chubb at the very least.

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    How 'vanilla' do you guys think the Browns played vs our backups last week? On one hand they needed to win to make the playoffs so maybe they played with a full playbook. But on the other hand maybe they felt confident enough to pull out some things they weren't going to show yet. I felt they were saving Chubb at the very least.
    I was wonder about that during the second half when The Browns were not running the football that much that's a great question.

I doubt there will be any surprises for either of these teams. Not having their OC/HC and OG will hurt the Browns more than not have Haden will hurt us. Spillane was back at practice as was Ebron so we are relatively healthy. They may have been resting Chubb, but I think we can contain him with the addition of Cam, Watt and Spillane so I am honestly not so worried about their offense so much. And as long as our offense resembles more of the second half of the Colts game this may just be a fun game to watch!

Junior Member Array title="PaBrownsfan is an unknown quantity at this point">

Prime time sunday, what a way to finish the weekend full of wild card games. This is one for the history books. BROWNS / STEELERS, no other rivalry like it. GO BROWNS !!

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaBrownsfan View Post
    Prime time sunday, what a way to finish the weekend full of wild card games. This is one for the history books. BROWNS / STEELERS, no other rivalry like it. GO BROWNS !!
    GPODAWUND!!!

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    GPODAWUND!!!

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

2 more Browns added to covid list

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    GPODAWUND!!!

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    2 more Browns added to covid list
    Cleveland confirmed on Thursday afternoon that starting safety Ronnie Harrison has been added to the reserve/COVID-19 list on Thursday and won't be available for Sunday's game.
    The Browns also added practice squad linebacker Montrel Meander to the reserve/COVID-19 list but activated safety Andrew Sendejo off it.

link

Senior Member Array title="Steelerchad is a jewel in the rough">

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    If they weren't playing every card to win that game, then they are just plain dumb. They were a 2 point conversion away from a tie game and potential OT, with a loss bumping them out of the playoffs.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Boswell, Nelson, Williams, and Alualu all were “ full practice today. Ju Ju did not practice because of knee, which hasn’t been mentioned before. Hopefully just precautionary.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerchad View Post
    If they weren't playing every card to win that game, then they are just plain dumb. They were a 2 point conversion away from a tie game and potential OT, with a loss bumping them out of the playoffs.
    ......and if the refs hadn’t missed a smack to Rudolph’s head, the Steelers might have won outright. We’ll never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Boswell, Nelson, Williams, and Alualu all were “ full practice today. Ju Ju did not practice because of knee, which hasn’t been mentioned before. Hopefully just precautionary.

- - - Updated - - -

......and if the refs hadn’t missed a smack to Rudolph’s head, the Steelers might have won outright. We’ll never know.
    Not to mention two other personal fouls that weren’t called...three total.