Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: The Future QB of the Steelers is...

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Re: The Future QB of the Steelers is...

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    Those that wanted Sam Darnold ... he has SUCKED the last two weeks with 8 picks.
    I woulda been all for Winston, he's hot and cold but when he's on, he's on

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Those that wanted Sam Darnold ... he has SUCKED the last two weeks with 8 picks.
    Darnold has thrown 5 picks the last two weeks, both losses.

but that is kinda like throwing 8 picks, you're gonna lose.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Darnold and Carr both have come back to earth after hot starts to the season.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Wink Re: The Future QB of the Steelers is...

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Kind of hard to blame Carr when the O line sucks and receivers are dropping g balls. I think you might know a little about that problem.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    Kind of hard to blame Carr when the O line sucks and receivers are dropping g balls. I think you might know a little about that problem.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    Lol... This board has no problem blaming or own QB for the same issues.

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="Buckinnuts is on a distinguished road"> Buckinnuts's Avatar

Future..qb....Kenny Pickett!

KNOCKIN ON 7'S DOOR!

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    Lol... This board has no problem blaming or own QB for the same issues.
    Yeah Ben is bad because of the o line and drops.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

There goes my plan. Kenny Pickett is no longer going to ge available on Day 2. If we want him, it’ll have to be R1.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Steelers scouts were seen watching Grayson McCall (Coastal Carolina).

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Sam Darnold? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Steelers scouts were seen watching Grayson McCall (Coastal Carolina).
    Coastal Carolina? LOL.

Coastal Carolina? LOL.
    Yeah they were the 14th ranked team in the country until they lost their last game. They also finished in the top 25 last year.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Coastal Carolina? LOL.
    It’s not unheard of for a small school QB to succeed in the NFL.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Yeah they were the 14th ranked team in the country until they lost their last game. They also finished in the top 25 last year.
    Been watching a lot of them the last two years cause they came through for me betting except for last week. That said I don't like him as a pro QB and doubt he does good in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    It’s not unheard of for a small school QB to succeed in the NFL.
    I heard that some guy from Miami, Ohio did pretty well.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

I don’t know what’s happening to Darnold, I’ll I know is he’s following a long list of highly touted SC QB’s who have failed at the pro level - the only one who had ‘some’ success was Carson Palmer. Maybe the SC system is just good at hiding the QB’s flaws.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    I don’t know what’s happening to Darnold, I’ll I know is he’s following a long list of highly touted SC QB’s who have failed at the pro level - the only one who had ‘some’ success was Carson Palmer. Maybe the SC system is just good at hiding the QB’s flaws.
    How many pro receivers come out of USC? Seems like they've always got a couple that turn out more successful than the quarterback. Maybe that has something to do with it ...
    See you Space Cowboy ...

If you listened to Darnold in interviews before the draft, you got the feeling that he didn’t know the game. I still stand by that thought that he just doesn’t get it. He’s got some physical talent, but he doesn’t have the mental capacity or the “it factor” that QBs have.

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    How many pro receivers come out of USC? Seems like they've always got a couple that turn out more successful than the quarterback. Maybe that has something to do with it ...
    Bingo!!! Kedon Slovis looked like the next great QB… until people realized he was simply tossing the ball anywhere near Drake London (6’5” 210) and hoping London would come down with the reception. If Jaxton Dart hadn’t been injured, Slovis would already have been benched.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Kenny Pickett ranked No. 1 QB in NFL draft by Mel Kiper Jr.

Kiper: “Pickett is making a leap not unlike Joe Burrow’s from two seasons ago.”

By Mike Wilson Oct 26, 2021

ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper Jr. released his 2022 NFL draft rankings on Tuesday, and he placed Pitt quarterback Kenny Pickett atop his list of available signal-callers. And in addition to ranking Pickett No. 1 among draft-ready quarterbacks, Kiper also ranked him No. 15 overall among 2022 NFL draft prospects.

“Pickett is making a leap not unlike Joe Burrow’s from two seasons ago,” Kiper said. “After his impressive performance against Clemson, I’m ready to put him on my Big Board. The fifth-year senior has been tremendous this season, completing 68.9 percent of his passes with 23 touchdowns and just one interception. He ranks third in the country in QBR (88.1). He has 18 career rushing touchdowns. Pickett was up and down the past two seasons, throwing 18 picks and averaging 6.9 yards per attempt. He’s up to 9.2 this season. He is accurate to all three levels of the field, has shown patience in taking the checkdown throws when necessary and has good zip on his throws. Offensive coordinator Mark Whipple has done a great job with Pickett’s development.”

to read rest of article:

https://www.cardiachill.com/2021/10/...uarterback-acc

tiny hands

tiny

tiny hands

tiny
    …smells like cabbage…

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    If you listened to Darnold in interviews before the draft, you got the feeling that he didn’t know the game. I still stand by that thought that he just doesn’t get it. He’s got some physical talent, but he doesn’t have the mental capacity or the “it factor” that QBs have.
    Sam "Seeing Ghosts" Darnold

Honestly I'd take Mason Rudolph over him, dude is sad

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Yes but could he get used to living in Pittsburgh and how would he adjust to playing at Heinz field.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

All this is assuming this is Ben’s last year. Ben could have a sort of resurgent second half of the season and decide to come back for one last year. I wouldn’t rule it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Sam "Seeing Ghosts" Darnold

Honestly I'd take Mason Rudolph over him, dude is sad
    I would also take what the Steelers have over Darnold…

All this is assuming this is Ben’s last year. Ben could have a sort of resurgent second half of the season and decide to come back for one last year. I wouldn’t rule it out.
    I just read a stat that said Ben has only completed 2 passes that traveled more than 15 yards -- ALL SEASON. That's 2 passes in 6 games! He might need a resurrection, not a resurgence.

I just read a stat that said Ben has only completed 2 passes that traveled more than 15 yards -- ALL SEASON. That's 2 passes in 6 games! He might need a resurrection, not a resurgence.
    didn’t realize that. This is who he is now. Still 10 percent chance maybe. Or as Tomlin would say, never say never….

Those must have been the 2 opening drive TD passes to DJ lol