Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: The Future QB of the Steelers is...

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: The Future QB of the Steelers is...

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    We might be able to add Aaron Rodgers to that list. Really. I created this thread a week before the chatter about Watson ever started... and I’m getting that exact same “gut feeling” again about Rodgers wanting out of Green Bay.
    His post game comments were not those of a happy camper.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    His post game comments were not those of a happy camper.
    Danica Patrick just texted me, she said it's because Aaron Rodgers is an asshole.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    Danica Patrick just texted me, she said it's because Aaron Rodgers is an asshole.

How did she get your number too?

If Danica and Olivia Munn don't stop texting me to tell me Aaron Rodgers is an asshole, I'm really going to get upset!

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETL View Post
    Add Trubisky - I think he has the physical tools to be good. He’s an accurate passer
    I’ve never seen a season where so many teams could have new starting QBs.

Dolphins, Taperiots, Jets, Broncos, Steelers, Jags, Colts, Texans, WFT, Cowboys, Rams, Niners, Saints, Panthers, Falcons, Lions, Bears, and now... Packers.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I’ve never seen a season where so many teams could have new starting QBs.

Dolphins, Taperiots, Jets, Broncos, Steelers, Jags, Colts, Texans, WFT, Cowboys, Rams, Niners, Saints, Panthers, Falcons, Lions, Bears, and now... Packers.
    It is pretty ridiculous. I think it is the salary cap stuff. You have two years to find out if you can win with the guy. After that, you have to move on because the cost benefit gets out of whack.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    It is pretty ridiculous. I think it is the salary cap stuff. You have two years to find out if you can win with the guy. After that, you have to move on because the cost benefit gets out of whack.
    There seems to be a couple of factors:

1. New coaches wanting “their” QB.

2. Teams seeing how QBs who are on a rookie contract are young & cheap.

2-a. Teams wanting to purge larger contracts (in favor of acquiring the aforementioned cheaper, younger rookie contracts).

3. Players “at odds” with their current team.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

The NFL needs a QB cap and a non-QB cap.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Another Mr. ‘Rodgers’ in Pittsburgh?

Pfft! All these quarterbacks potentially moving teams! Matt Stafford, Deshaun Watson, Carson Wentz and Sam Darnold.

The Steelers have only been on the fringes of a few of those discussions. At best.

But Aaron Rodgers? Sure. Let’s just cannonball off the high dive instead of wading into the shallow end of the pool.

The likely NFL MVP was eliminated from the playoffs Sunday as his Green Bay Packers lost to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the NFC Championship Game 31-26.

Via ESPN.com’s Rob Demovsky, Rodgers sounded like a quarterback who wasn’t sure he’d be back with the Packers next year.

Green Bay Packers beat writer Matt Schneidman of The Athletic echoed that sentiment.

Rodgers is under contract through 2023. But Green Bay drafted quarterback Jordan Love in the first round last spring. And Rodgers’ cap number next year is over $39.8 million. It’s at $28.3 million in 2023.

If Rodgers moves, ProFootballTalk lists Pittsburgh as one of the favorites to acquire him.

Of course, that would require the release or trade of Ben Roethlisberger for that to happen. And the Steelers have been listed as long shots for all of those other quarterbacks if they get moved.

Perhaps ProFootballTalk is assuming the Steelers won’t move on from Roethlisberger for one of those candidates, but they may do it for Rodgers.

I would.

https://triblive.com/sports/first-ca...per-bowl-odds/

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Could I even imagine Rodgers in the black and gold?! Wow! I think he has at least 3 yeas left at a high level. Cut Ben and get to work on the trade ASAP!!!

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Could I even imagine Rodgers in the black and gold?! Wow! I think he has at least 3 yeas left at a high level. Cut Ben and get to work on the trade ASAP!!!
    Interesting, but I dont know if many will want him here. I seem to recall the consensus on this forum is that he is over rated, from what I remember.

That and the guy in Tampa is a "system QB".

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Interesting, but I dont know if many will want him here. I seem to recall the consensus on this forum is that he is over rated, from what I remember.

Haha... watch how fast opinions would change. As for Brady, I think there's a good chance we'd be in the Super Bowl if we'd signed a 43 yo Brady.

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

Rodgers is a Pittsburgh type of guy. So is Wentz. Brady and his obsession over fashion and hairstyles was never a fit for Pittsburgh.

Senior Member Array title="SteelersNorth is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post

Rodgers is grossly overrated.
    thank fuck he lost yesterday. Leading into that game all the talking meat heads were starting to crown him better than Brady. And then had he made the super bowl and won it was a done deal.

Ultimately Max Kellerman finally said something correct - ‘Aaron Rodgers Choked’ yes yes he did and it was amazing hahahahahaha

in 2 different title games his defense has got him the ball 8 extra times he’s managed 9 TOTAL points yeah you’re awesome bud #nope

Quote Originally Posted by SteelersNorth View Post
    Rodgers is grossly overrated.
    thank fuck he lost yesterday. Leading into that game all the talking meat heads were starting to crown him better than Brady. And then had he made the super bowl and won it was a done deal.

Ultimately Max Kellerman finally said something correct - ‘Aaron Rodgers Choked’ yes yes he did and it was amazing hahahahahaha

in 2 different title games his defense has got him the ball 8 extra times he’s managed 9 TOTAL points yeah you’re awesome bud #nope
    Rodgers is only 1-4 in NFC Championship games and is 0-37 when trailing by 1 point or more entering the 4th quarter vs teams with a winning record.

Rodgers is only 1-4 in NFC Championship games and is 0-37 when trailing by 1 point or more entering the 4th quarter vs teams with a winning record.
    that’s pretty terrible if you ask me.
    And yet no one ever wants to mention stuff like that to taint his image that is of the fake legend variety

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Here's the article. AND the best explanation of TEAM vs QB and STATS.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/11/nfl...comebacks-stat

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Here's the article. AND the best explanation of TEAM vs QB and STATS.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/11/nfl...comebacks-stat

wow they used highlights on the flukiest play in football the Hail Mary to make the point worse lol
    and that cook throw give him the credit no ones around Rodgers for 5-7 yards but because it’s Rodgers it’s the throw...gross

if this is any other QB none of this is talked about.
    He’s overrated plain and simple and sucks when it really matters points been proven numerous times.

imagine id he was 37-0 and not 0-37 it would be all Rodgers sans his so called TEAM.
    its all media bullshit and that’s the most frustrating thing

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

wow they used highlights on the flukiest play in football the Hail Mary to make the point worse lol
    and that cook throw give him the credit no ones around Rodgers for 5-7 yards but because it’s Rodgers it’s the throw...gross

if this is any other QB none of this is talked about.
    He’s overrated plain and simple and sucks when it really matters points been proven numerous times.

imagine id he was 37-0 and not 0-37 it would be all Rodgers sans his so called TEAM.
    its all media bullshit and that’s the most frustrating thing
    How do you REALLY feel about Aaron Rodgers?

Just messin'

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    How do you REALLY feel about Aaron Rodgers?

Just messin'
    it’s the bullshit narrative the talking heads keep trying to force feed down everyone’s throat.

ive admitted that I do realize he’s good no question or argument.
    but to spin total bullshit like that article just to protect his image is insanity.
    like I said if this were any other QB it would be the QBs fault. Rodgers continually gets a free pass for his teams failures and why? If he’s so amazing he should be central point of blame. Sure his stat line looked good in the end of the game but he didn’t play all that well overall I mean he was down 21-10 at the half. It’s not like he scored at will when he had the ball nor did Brady.

hell even until Peyton won his 2nd super bowl lots thought he was a choke artist in the playoffs.
    what’s the difference with Rodgers? Zero.

hell even until Peyton won his 2nd super bowl lots thought he was a choke artist in the playoffs.
    what’s the difference with Rodgers? Zero.
    He was a choke artist in the playoffs.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Well, I actually watched the game, the TB defense played great, and GB basically has one good WR. Their coverage was ridiculous plus the fact that DPI was non existent for most of the game. His mobility, accuracy and arm strength is pretty much tops in the league. If anyone here thinks he wouldn’t be an immediate upgrade to Ben for the next 3 years you are foolish.
    That being said, we would have to cut the entire team to sign him so any talk of that happening is just fooling yourself.

Rodgers would get us to 13-3 and the AFCCG.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    Well, I actually watched the game, the TB defense played great, and GB basically has one good WR. Their coverage was ridiculous plus the fact that DPI was non existent for most of the game. His mobility, accuracy and arm strength is pretty much tops in the league. If anyone here thinks he wouldn’t be an immediate upgrade to Ben for the next 3 years you are foolish.
    That being said, we would have to cut the entire team to sign him so any talk of that happening is just fooling yourself.
    That article a few posts back proves Rodgers is way too overrated and has been protected for way too long.
    here’s the thing the article says it’s a team game for them being 0-37
    flip the script and Rodgers is 37-0 NOT the Packers as a team it would be all the amazingness that is Aaron Rodgers.
    Trying to spin that thing any other way is just foolish.

Aaron Rodgers is the current eras Peyton Manning in the playoffs the best choke artist there is.
    And personally I thoroughly enjoy watching him sulk hahahahha

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Rodgers would get us to 13-3 and the AFCCG.
    no guarantees he’s gone 15-1 and the only QB to be one and done soooooo....

BINGO!!!

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Why is Ben at the bottom of that list?

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    Why is Ben at the bottom of that list?
    Because he is the oldest on that list and closest to retirement.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Discount double choke!

All things being equal, Rodgers’ contract would be tough to deal with. He’s as close to retirement as Brees and Ben were two years ago... and once he retires, that contract comes due.

As in: not only can we NOT kick his contract down the road to when we have more cap room (his age and his four-year deal leaves little wiggle room), we might have to actually pay MORE than expected, if he suddenly retires (those remaining years’ worth of signing bonus would suddenly count against that year’s cap hit).

The Taperiots have the cap room to deal with that kind of contract. Hence, that is where I expect Rodgers to land.

Colts, Steelers & Saints Likely To Have Close Eye On Mac Jones At Senior Bowl

The 2021 Senior Bowl gets off and running on Tuesday, providing NFL teams their only chance to see a collection of draft prospects on the field at the same time with the public health crisis having led to the cancelation of this year's Scouting Combine, and the player with the most eyes on him is likely to be Alabama quarterback Mac Jones.

Jones is not the best prospect in Mobile this week. That is his Crimson Tide teammate DeVonta Smith, who will take part in meetings and interview with teams but will not go through on-field drills because of a dislocated finger.

In terms of players who will be out there at Hancock Whitney Stadium, Jones provides the most intrigue.

At least four quarterbacks are anticipated to go in the first round of this year's NFL Draft and Jones is in a position to make it five following a stellar lone season as Alabama's starter, which saw him named a Heisman Trophy finalist and lead the Tide to National Championship glory .

His primary task in the pre-draft season will be proving his Alabama success was not purely a consequence of his phenomenal supporting cast that included Smith and running back Najee Harris, who will also be in Mobile this week.

If he can do that, Jones will have an excellent shot of going in the first round. Jones' efforts at the Senior Bowl could have a significant influence on those hopes and three quarterback-needy teams who reached the playoffs in 2020 are likely to have a close eye on how he performs under the spotlight.

Pittsburgh Steelers

The Steelers appear set for one more year of Ben Roethlisberger, but it is clear the end is nigh for the future Hall of Famer, and finding a replacement has to be near the top of their list of offseason tasks.

Selecting 24th in the first round, Jones could fall right into Pittsburgh's lap and give the Steelers an heir apparent who can challenge Roethlisberger in 2021 if he struggles to the extent he did down the stretch this season.

What will appeal to the Steelers is the upside Jones has displayed as a downfield thrower. He was second in college football with 12.8 adjusted yards per attempt in 2020, demonstrating tremendous accuracy and touch when going deep.

The Steelers' deep passing game disintegrated in 2020. With the right tutelage as he adapts to the pros, Jones could revive it. Yet, with needs in the secondary, on both sides of the trenches and at running back, the Steelers may need to Jones to do more to convince them he is worth selecting ahead of top prospects in those areas.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nichola...h=6fecba866973