Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: The Future QB of the Steelers is...

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Re: The Future QB of the Steelers is...

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    You try to hard to impress others on this board to make you feel good about yourself!

Its kind of funny.

Not sure if impressing anybody on a message board is worth anything. Dont know anybody for real anyways. Its just entertaining.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Its kind of funny.

Not sure if impressing anybody on a message board is worth anything. Dont know anybody for real anyways. Its just entertaining.
    I tried to pay my mortgage with it yesterday and for some reason my bank wouldn't accept it.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Just like the thumbs up on FB you both crave it! Attention lol. I'm cool with that and not cool when you put other posters down to get it! That is all!

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Just like the thumbs up on FB you both crave it! Attention lol. I'm cool with that and not cool when you put other posters down to get it! That is all!
    I'm not even on FB so you should just stfu.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    I'm not even on FB so you should just stfu.
    You guys brought it back up. I'm done quit bringing it back up and said my point. Have a great Sunday!

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Its kind of funny.

So you're saying that when you insult me or disagree with me about football it's not personal? Who knew?

If I had a dollar for every time I didn't impress everyone on a message board I wouldn't have to work for a living.

- - - Updated - - -

I tried to pay my mortgage with it yesterday and for some reason my bank wouldn't accept it.

Is that like cryptocurrency?

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

You try to hard to impress others on this board to make you feel good about yourself!
    For some reason I don't think he has to try real hard.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dislocatedday View Post
    I've seen some people say Justin Fields will be a better pro QB than Trevor Lawrence. I don't know what that assessment is based on though, except for Fields is more of a dual-threat QB who can run.
    The talking heads need something to talk about. It’s similar to the discussions about Manning vs. Leaf and Luck vs. RGIII.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

If you are coming to message boards and getting your feelings hurt, you should possibly re assess participating in them, have a better thought out comment, or maybe get some thicker skin.

I look at Steelers boards as a virtual bar, with a bunch of Steelers fans in it where we can talk football. If somebody has a bad take, dumb statement, etc. They get their balls busted sometimes, just like hanging around in a bar with some fellas. Its like Jim Rome used to say on his radio show "have a take and dont suck".

I have friends that are fans, Bears, Eagles, Dolphins, Broncos, Packers, Cowboys fans. Most of them coach football and know the game, but when one of us says something that is blind homer stuff, or can be contradicted because we dont know that team as well as our favorite team, we get called out on it and balls get busted. It's really not that different in here, except we are all Steelers fans, except for a few good dudes like Silver & Black, Crow-Magnon, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    So you're saying that when you insult me or disagree with me about football it's not personal? Who knew?

If I had a dollar for every time I didn't impress everyone on a message board I wouldn't have to work for a living.

-

I think what I am saying is...."have a take and don't suck" and...

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

If you are coming to message boards and getting your feelings hurt, you should possibly re assess participating in them, have a better thought out comment, or maybe get some thicker skin.

I look at Steelers boards as a virtual bar, with a bunch of Steelers fans in it where we can talk football. If somebody has a bad take, dumb statement, etc. They get their balls busted sometimes, just like hanging around in a bar with some fellas. Its like Jim Rome used to say on his radio show "have a take and dont suck".

I have friends that are fans, Bears, Eagles, Dolphins, Broncos, Packers, Cowboys fans. Most of them coach football and know the game, but when one of us says something that is blind homer stuff, or can be contradicted because we dont know that team as well as our favorite team, we get called out on it and balls get busted. It's really not that different in here, except we are all Steelers fans, except for a few good dudes like Silver & Black, Crow-Magnon, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

I think what I am saying is...."have a take and don't suck" and...

Sargeant Hulka is classic!

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

The Lions have told Matthew Stafford that they will be parting ways/seeking a trade for the QB.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    The Lions have told Matthew Stafford that they will be parting ways/seeking a trade for the QB.
    I love Stafford's toughness, a lot of teams are going to be interested in him.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Indy is probably mulling this over pretty good
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    Indy is probably mulling this over pretty good
    good point, the Patriots* come to mind also.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

I hope Ben has something left in the tank for next season

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Matt Stafford with the Steelers WRs would certainly pile up stats. Unless Stafford's back explodes again.

No way they do it though. It just isn't there thing to give up that many draft picks.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

My prediction is that the Steelers future quarterback is Dwayne Haskins. I think there’s a greater chance of him maturing than the Steelers striking gold in the draft or FA. He has franchise physical talent. Let’s see what he can do in a winning organization with a second chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Matt Stafford with the Steelers WRs would certainly pile up stats. Unless Stafford's back explodes again.

No way they do it though. It just isn't there thing to give up that many draft picks.
    Colbert has a good relationship with the Lions. If any GM can make it work, it’s Colbert.

Cap-wise: Stafford has two years left on his current deal. Add two more years and defer money into those extra two years. In Omar Khan I trust.

Draft-wise: It wouldn’t cost us our entire draft ;like it would have for Watson), but it would definitely be costly. Probably three picks (two R1s and a R2). If you consider that one of those picks would be for a QB anyway, and giving up two more high picks to “ensure” you aren’t getting a bust, it’s not a bad price.

I don’t think Stafford is garnering two R1’s. I think a 1 and a 3 gets him. It’s gonna be a buyer’s market.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Colbert has a good relationship with the Lions. If any GM can make it work, it’s Colbert.

Cap-wise: Stafford has two years left on his current deal. Add two more years and defer money into those extra two years. In Omar Khan I trust.

Draft-wise: It wouldn’t cost us our entire draft ;like it would have for Watson), but it would definitely be costly. Probably three picks (two R1s and a R2). If you consider that one of those picks would be for a QB anyway, and giving up two more high picks to “ensure” you aren’t getting a bust, it’s not a bad price.
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I don’t think Stafford is garnering two R1’s. I think a 1 and a 3 gets him. It’s gonna be a buyer’s market.
    You both make excellent points. Honestly if the price was a 1 and a 3, I'd take that deal all day everyday and twice on Sundays. That is assuming the Steelers preferred direction is to "win now". If their preferred direction is the best "long term" set-up; then maybe you make the same trade (a #1 and #3) to try and convince the Cowboys to give up their #10 and take Trey Lance? Assuming he would last that long...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Duck signs with the Rams

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    If that’s the case, I am 100% in!!!

Senior Member Array title="that1guy is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Duck signs with the Rams
    I'm happy he found a new home, after the honeymoon period was over fans were over him.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Not sure how Stafford makes sense in Pittsburgh. And I’m a HUGE Stafford fan.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Ben Mason Stafford Darnold Watson Haskins......man that QB room gonna be full

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post

We won't have another draft pick until 2034.

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post

We might be able to add Aaron Rodgers to that list. Really. I created this thread a week before the chatter about Watson ever started... and I’m getting that exact same “gut feeling” again about Rodgers wanting out of Green Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
    I'm happy he found a new home, after the honeymoon period was over fans were over him.
    Ducksanity didn’t last long.

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

Add Trubisky - I think he has the physical tools to be good. He’s an accurate passer