Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your Congress at work

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Your Congress at work

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    It is the social liberals who are the problem. Fiscal liberals do not bother me nearly as much, if we are simply talking about the old-style ones who favor more government spending on programs to ostensibly "help" people. I may think that is irresponsible and very naive, but not really "evil."

The problem is that the social liberals - the ones who want to use the government to strongarm people into conforming with their ideas about how we "should" behave - they have taken over, and at the same time their ideas have gotten crazier and crazier.

Fiscal liberalism is now no longer about the benevolent use of public funds for the greater good. It is a tool to punish those who do not conform to social liberalism, including simply by being too successful or belonging to the wrong race. Social liberalism has seeped into every corner of it and poisoned it. For the most part, fiscal liberalism has lost its original purpose of charity and inclusion, and has taken on the social liberals' purpose of revenge. Maybe there are some who, call themselves "liberals" who still believe in the 1990s style of liberalism that was a more pragmatic discussion of public policy, not an angry rant against imagined boogeymen. Those are the ones who you could actually have a reasonable discussion with and find some common ground with, but they are rarer and rarer.

At the same time, the social liberals have changed drastically from their perfectly reasonable and honorable MLK-style goals of giving everybody fair treatment and respecting (or at least tolerating) each other's differences, giving each other space to live and let live. That died a long time ago, and now has been replaced simply with a hateful drive to methodically tear down anyone who is not a member of one of their favored groups, or who questions their social engineering plans. Modern social liberalism is not about equality, it is about conformity, and it is filled with attempts to psychotically control the language, science, education, culture, the economy, and anything else they can get their hands on - all in the name of forcing compliance. Inevitably, that has horribly destructive effects not only on social matters, but on economic and public policy matters that it touches as well. It is a sick ideology and I want no part of it.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tom444 View Post
    All day long... in stain and lacquer thinner.

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Do Vegas oddsmakers take any action on the 25th Amendment? Asking for a friend.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Won't happen. The GOP fears Trump not because of Trump himself, but his supporters. Imagine the death threats Mike Pence would get if he even tried to enact the 25th amendment.

Trump likes to spin things in a way saying BLM and Antifa are violent, but they aren't the ones open carrying assault rifles, driving their cars into crowds, kidnapping governors, or trying to storm the US capitol lol.

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Won't happen. The GOP fears Trump not because of Trump himself, but his supporters. Imagine the death threats Mike Pence would get if he even tried to enact the 25th amendment.
    It would be worth dying for.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tom444 View Post
    It would be worth dying for.
    well, depends. people are usually brave if the death threats are ONLY coming to them. Now if they start threatening his wife and kids, and family, different story. Inaguration Day happens soon, more realistically he'll just let this shit show blow by since it's not going on for much longer

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Trump likes to spin things in a way saying BLM and Antifa are violent, but they aren't the ones open carrying assault rifles, driving their cars into crowds, kidnapping governors, or trying to storm the US capitol lol.
    OK, will let my friend know. Probably gonna just let Merrick Garland do his thing as Attorney General in 15 days. I doubt he holds any resentment against the GOP, so will proceed with impartiality.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

what an asshole take ...

I could MAYBE see some validity if those conservatives was actually USING the assault rifles , but alas thats only happened in one instance in all this that I am aware and the kid that used it was 1000% justified he was hit in the head with a skateboard , had molotov cocktails thrown at him , was being chased and one man fired shots ( a liberal felon that had no right to have a gun ) .... all I can say they was lucky it was Kyle and not someone seeking to find some revenge for the damage done to that city , but I digress

we have seen the Violence of BLM and Antifa need I remind you of the death of retired Police Commander in his 70s shot in the street as he tried to help someone and stop the violence and that is just 1 instance ... the billion dollars of damages to cities and business along with landmarks that are not replaceable

how many conservatives have unleashed their weaponry on society ? its always the fucking liberals

if conservatives with guns was the problem trust me you would know it !! close to 400 million firearms in citizens hands with probably 4 or 5 billion rounds of ammunition ... yeah we are the problem ...

asshole
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now