Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Cheaters are eliminated from playoff contention

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

The Cheaters are eliminated from playoff contention

At least something great happened in 2020. At this point the bandwagon has pretty much emptied and most of the Northeast has become Bucs fans

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Re: The Cheaters are eliminated from playoff contention

eh honestly i don't really hate them anymore now that Tom Brady left town. I more hated that guy than anything else

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    eh honestly i don't really hate them anymore now that Tom Brady left town. I more hated that guy than anything else
    It was more the dopey “fans”...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I agree, too bad we couldn’t get the biggest dopey fan off our board. I still hate cheats, I actually don’t mind Brady anymore.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    That too, though they're a lot less annoying now that their team sucks

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    I agree, too bad we couldn’t get the biggest dopey fan off our board. I still hate cheats, I actually don’t mind Brady anymore.

There's a lot to like about the Patriots....if you like rampant cheating, massage parlor sex acts by their owner, an abrasive coach, and the biggest asshole bandwagon fans ever.

I still hate Brady. He basks in the praise thrown his way by everyone, but routinely fails to even shake the hand of the quarterback of teams that beat him. Zero sportsmanship and a totally classless act with zero honor. He's an asshole of the first order.

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

But what a run!!

They all come to an end at some point.

But here in Boston we've had more than anyone else.

We love us some us.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    There's a lot to like about the Patriots....if you like rampant cheating, massage parlor sex acts by their owner, an abrasive coach, and the biggest asshole bandwagon fans ever.

I still hate Brady. He basks in the praise thrown his way by everyone, but routinely fails to even shake the hand of the quarterback of teams that beat him. Zero sportsmanship and a totally classless act with zero honor. He's an asshole of the first order.
    That about sums it up!

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

The irony. During their run, Russell's Celtics were an afterthought in their own town. Just ask Bill Russell himself how "great" Boston and its "fans" were/are.

And Bird's Celtics played second fiddle to Magic's Lakers in the '80s. 5 > 3.

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    The irony. During their run, Russell's Celtics were an afterthought in their own town. Just ask Bill Russell himself how "great" Boston and its "fans" were/are.

And Bird's Celtics played second fiddle to Magic's Lakers in the '80s. 5 > 3.
    I think you're a little lacking in NBA history. The best team during the 80s was the '85/'86 Celtics. By far. They went 40 and 1 at Boston Garden that year.

As for Russell's Celtics, please, they are the greatests sports dynasty of all time. As KC Jones said, "Russell's beef wasn't with Boston, it was with mankind".

Boston, the number 1 sports town. God loves Boston.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tom444 View Post
    I think you're a little lacking in NBA history. The best team during the 80s was the '85/'86 Celtics. By far. They went 40 and 1 at Boston Garden that year.

As for Russell's Celtics, please, they are the greatests sports dynasty of all time. As KC Jones said, "Russell's beef wasn't with Boston, it was with mankind".

Boston, the number 1 sports town. God loves Boston.
    Actually, I thought the '82-'83 Sixers were the best single-season team during the '80s, but I'll admit I'm biased. Personally, I put a 4-0 Finals sweep of the Showtime Lakers just a bit above a 4-2 Finals win over the Sampson/Olajuwon Rockets, but that's just me.

As for the rest, if you say so...

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Actually, I thought the '82-'83 Sixers were the best single-season team during the '80s, but I'll admit I'm biased. Personally, I put a 4-0 Finals sweep of the Showtime Lakers just a bit above a 4-2 Finals win over the Sampson/Olajuwon Rockets, but that's just me.

Actually, I thought the '82-'83 Sixers were the best single-season team during the '80s, but I'll admit I'm biased.
    You're forgiven. We all have our biases.

I remember watching this game and calling my brother during this 3rd quarter.

Start at about 13:00

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

The '82 Lakers were not yet the best of the 80's. Worthy was a rookie, Byron Scott wasnt on the roster yet. Magic was still mentally soft in his 3rd season in the league.

As for Bill Russell...yeah, the greatest player in Boston at the time had to deal with "fans" breaking into his house and taking a crap on his floor. Nice place. At least that has all changed and Marcus Smart can freely go about town without incident.

Marcus Smart discussed being racially abused outside TD Garden in Players’ Tribune column

after being drafted by the Celtics in 2014, Smart noted he was often pulled over by police, one of whom he says questioned whether Smart was “one of them,”

https://www.boston.com/sports/boston...layers-tribune

Sadly racism is alive and well even in Boston. The city has had a long complicated history with racism even in recent times.

The response that Smart got was appalling
    “F*** you, you f***ing n-word!!!!”.

The Red Sox were the last team to integrate. You can even fast forward to more recent times when Baltimore outfielder Adam Jones
    talked about how Red Sox fans threw peanuts at him and hurled racial slurs at him.

https://chowderandchampions.com/2020...smart-apology/

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Can't be true... they're the smartest folks out there.
    That's why many of them move to New Hampshire.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
    Can't be true... they're the smartest folks out there.
    That's why many of them move to New Hampshire.
    Sure, but you can be smart and racist at the same time. Just look at the Senate in KY.

"Unless you played for the Celtics you've never played in the NBA." Larry Bird

" Russ felt very strongly, and I don't blame him, about the issue [of race]. My god, they broke into his home, they defecated on his bed. He went through so much.." .Bob Cousy.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...e-bill-russell

You know people are full of shit when they only tell half the story:

WORCESTER, Mass. -- Bob Cousy figures he's running out of time. The brilliant Hall of Fame point guard, who was so deft and creative with the basketball that he was nicknamed Houdini of the Hardwood, is 90 years old. He walks with a cane, and, he tells ESPN, he expects it won't be long until he needs a wheelchair.
    The reflective Cousy is the centerpiece "The Last Pass," of a new book by Gary Pomerantz that chronicles Cousy's journey toward racial self-discovery and his attempts to make amends with Hall of Fame teammate Bill Russell for not being more supportive during the racially charged '60s.

Cousy recently sat down with ESPN to discuss "The Last Pass" and his complicated relationship with Russell.

This transcript has been edited for clarity and length.

JACKIE MACMULLAN:
    In the wonderful new book, "The Last Pass," you are very candid regarding your regrets over your relationship with your longtime teammate Bill Russell. What prompted this reflection?

BOB COUSY:
    Just getting old, I guess. That's what we do. We blank out all the negative stuff and focus on the positive. During my years with Russ, during the glory years, I was focusing, unfortunately, on being Bob Cousy and doing my thing and being completely self-absorbed, as opposed to asking questions like, "Why are we all here?" Questions that my Jesuit mentors [at Holy Cross] told me years ago, over and over again, "What it's all about is giving back."

MACMULLAN:
    You mention that growing up, you had very little exposure to African-Americans. That changed when you joined the Celtics.

COUSY:
    Yes, in 1953, I was assigned to room on the road with Chuck Cooper, the first black player drafted in the NBA. And we immediately became dear friends. So, I was mentally involved [in social injustice] up to a point. I cared, but not enough to take the next step.

MACMULLAN:
    In the book, you lament the fact you weren't more in tune with the kind of racism Russell endured.
    We know where a lot of white people were at in the 50s and 60s. The question is, where are you right now?

- - - Updated - - -

We know where a lot of white people were at in the 50s and 60s. The question is, where are you right now?

Nice job highjacking this thread with your boston bullshit starting in post #7. Just to refresh your memory this thread is about The Cheaters are eliminated from playoff contention

- - - Updated - - -

So why are you telling half the story and avoiding the documented reality that Boston has a strong history of racism that was part of its sports culture and still extends to its sports fans, well into the 21st century??

Just man up and own it.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    So why are you telling half the story and avoiding the documented reality that Boston has a strong history of racism that was part of its sports culture and still extends to its sports fans, well into the 21st century??

Just man up and own it.
    So why are you telling half the story and avoiding the documented reality that America has a strong history of racism. Man up and own it.

How Racism Became a Public Health Crisis in Pittsburgh

Pittsburgh’s city council voted to declare racism a health crisis, following precedents set by Madison and Milwaukee. Here’s what it means—and what it doesn’t.

Brentin MockJanuary 30, 2020, 11:28 AM EST
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-health-crisis

So why are you avoiding avoiding the documented reality that America has a strong history of racism. Man up pussy and admit it, compared to Boston, Pittsburgh ain't shit.

Sounds like a troll to me...3,2, 1

So why are you telling half the story and avoiding the documented reality that America has a strong history of racism. Man up pussy and admit it, compared to Boston, Pittsburgh ain't shit.
    I am not avoiding the history of racism in America. Just pointing out that as per the article in chowderandchampions.com, that "the Red Socks were the last MLB team to integrate".

Also, its 2019 and fans are calling Marcus Smart a Ni&&er?? Or better yet 2017 Sox fans are throwing stuff at Adam Jones and calling him the N-word.??

Orioles' Adam Jones berated by racist taunts at Fenway Park

Bob Nightengale
    USA TODAY Sports https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...uts/101187172/

Sure, the Patriots started becoming a viable NFL franchise in 2001, when Tom Brady and the Sony Camcorder became institutions in the team, but it doesnt change the fact that Boston sports fans have been competing for the most racist fans for decades before that....and still lead the way.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I smell butthurt. Seriously, just start rooting for the Bucs or Chiefs like all the other soon to be ex Pats fans are doing

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

What do the Celtics have to do with the Patriots*? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    I smell butthurt. Seriously, just start rooting for the Bucs or Chiefs like all the other soon to be ex Pats fans are doing
    Yup, it will be just like 1999, no Brady, no playoffs, no winning season. At least they still have Bruins season.

I am not avoiding the history of racism in America. Just pointing out that as per the article in chowderandchampions.com, that "the Red Socks were the last MLB team to integrate".

Also, its 2019 and fans are calling Marcus Smart a Ni&&er?? Or better yet 2017 Sox fans are throwing stuff at Adam Jones and calling him the N-word.??

Orioles' Adam Jones berated by racist taunts at Fenway Park

Bob Nightengale
    USA TODAY Sports https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...uts/101187172/

Sure, the Patriots started becoming a viable NFL franchise in 2001, when Tom Brady and the Sony Camcorder became institutions in the team, but it doesnt change the fact that Boston sports fans have been competing for the most racist fans for decades before that....and still lead the way.

Didn't you vote for Trump the first time around?

Pittsburgh a 'hub' for white supremacy, FBI analysts say

Pittsburgh is a focal point for white supremacy and extremists, an FBI analyst said Thursday at a symposium on domestic terrorism.

"Our area has become a hub. It's important to understand that it is here," said John Pulcastro, a supervisory analyst at the Pittsburgh FBI.

In fact, he said the movement is as strong here as at any other place in the country he has studied in 20 years, including the Pacific Northwest, a hotbed for supremacists.
    https://www.post-gazette.com/local/r...s/202011120145

- - - Updated - - -

Yup, it will be just like 1999, no Brady, no playoffs, no winning season. At least they still have Bruins season.
    Steelers....................

................and you still have Big Ben.

- - - Updated - - -

Funny how the Pats fans like to point to their pre 2001 greatness by invoking John Hannah's name. Kind of sad how a fanbase never talks about Hall of Famer Andre Tippett. I guess he just wasnt white enough for them to like.

Kind of how they never talk about Jim Rice when they talk Red Sox.

Funny how the Pats fans like to point to their pre 2001 greatness by invoking John Hannah's name. Kind of sad how a fanbase never talks about Hall of Famer Andre Tippett. I guess he just wasnt white enough for them to like.

Kind of how they never talk about Jim Rice when they talk Red Sox.
    Sure pal.

Dozens of Pittsburgh residents share stories of racism as city council members consider declaring it a public health crisis

Nicole C. Brambila | December 6, 2019

https://www.publicsource.org/dozens-...health-crisis/

Andre Tippett is a Hall of Fame LB and has represented the Patriots for decades after retiring, but John Hannah is one of the greatest guards to ever play the game. Only someone who doesn't understand football wouldn't understand that.
    Last edited by tom444; 12-22-2020 at 02:13 PM.