Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Three aces, there are some good backs coming out in 2021

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: Three aces, there are some good backs coming out in 2021

Any good looks on Brenden Knox, RB out of Marshall? He fits the Steelers from a size, power, receiving standpoint. Looks like he opted out 2020, but was the 2019 C-USA MVP. Anybody get to see this guy play?

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    It’s an analogy. In college, Watters and Williams were/are the quicker, more appealing RBs. But, in the pros, Bettis faired extremely well (despite being larger than most RBs)... and I see Carter having similar success.
    I want to see Carter in traffic at the Senior Bowl today. At 5'8", 202lbs he doesnt look like a guy that is going to break many arm tackles running between the tackles in the NFL. Looks more like a 3rd down back to me.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    Everybody talks about Williams of the tarheels but I am not even sure he is the best RB on his own team , I too really like Michael Carter... all he did was average 8ypc and score 9 times this year in part time duty ... love the low miles too got it enough to show he has IT but not enough to deflate the tires....

he has that Aaron Jones feel about him and y'all know how I felt about Jones pre draft

Michael Carter, RB, North Carolina

Carter might have been overshadowed by his teammate, running back Javonte Williams, but he is no less of a talent. Carter has shown his ability to break off big runs and run through tackles. He finished the outing with 60 yards on eight carries. On the surface, that is impressive alone. However, every other player combined for 26 yards on 45 carries, which equates to .577 yards per carry.
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Did Master Teague decide to return to school? I no longer find his name on draft prospects lists.

This thread should be a much more talked about thread.

Current RB stable = Benny Snell, Anthony McFarland, Jaylen Samuels, and Derek Watt.

Option 1: Re-sign Conner to be the leader. Draft a top tier rookie hoping he beats out Conner. Keep best of the other 4.

Option 2: Draft top tier rookie. Keep 2 of the remaining 4.

I'm open to other options.