Page 17 of 56 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 Vaccine warning - watch

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Re: Covid-19 Vaccine warning - watch

Quote Originally Posted by willy View Post
    Nope, you're still not catching on Peter. Covid isn't over. There are still concerns. Again, the idea is to understand what's going on, not to be out to lunch. Try a little harder, Pete. I'll be patient.
    You poor, poor thing.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    I was hoping for some scientific evidence from people who it is their job to study viruses, rather than an ophthalmologist turned politician that isn't qualified to work at a Lens Crafters. But you go ahead an find the voices you want to hear.

For others that want to know some science, there are these:

No, the coronavirus wasn’t made in a lab. A genetic analysis shows it’s from nature
    Scientists took conspiracy theories about SARS-CoV-2’s origins seriously, and debunked them

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/...nalysis-nature

Scientists: 'Exactly zero' evidence COVID-19 came from a lab

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-pers...id-19-came-lab

Research shows COVID-19 was not manufactured in a lab
    By The Associated PressSeptember 16, 2020

https://apnews.com/article/archive-f...ing-9391149002

Here's How Scientists Know Coronavirus Wasn't Made in a Lab

https://www.sciencealert.com/here-s-...ade-in-the-lab

It’s Much More Likely the Coronavirus Came from Wildlife, Not a Lab

Former CDC director Robert Redfield says he believes in a lab leak—but offers no evidence. The odds are against his notion

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...fe-not-a-lab1/

Now, the way science and studies work is in the realm of "probability", until direct evidence can be shown. But all the evidence points to Covid-19 coming from wildlife and transmitting to humans. Until the actual source can be determined, real scientists will not rule out all potential sources, but all the evidence points to it NOT being man made.
    way to cherry pick .. I am proud of you son

strange how you managed to avoid hundreds of scientist worldwide who claim otherwise .... why am I not shocked ?
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post

strange how you managed to avoid hundreds of scientist worldwide who claim otherwise .... why am I not shocked ?
    Can you point me in the direction of these scientists? I would actually be interested in seeing something that was not YouTube, or a blog I've never heard of that is 95% banner ads and pop-ups that is backing up the claims that COVID was made in a lab as a bioweapon.

Is there a research paper? A detailed evidence backed breakdown of the argument?

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

These are unbiased and mostly educational sources being references in these links. University of Minnesota, Tulane University, Scripps Research Institute, Westminster University, University of Michigan, Columbia University, etc. Pointing to biological facts and research.

No cherry picking, just more of a shotgun example of all kinds of reputable research based organization findings. A bit more substance and evidence than a grandstanding ophthalmologist with little man syndrome.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Can you point me in the direction of these scientists? I would actually be interested in seeing something that was not YouTube, or a blog I've never heard of that is 95% banner ads and pop-ups that is backing up the claims that COVID was made in a lab as a bioweapon.

Is there a research paper? A detailed evidence backed breakdown of the argument?
    True, it would be interesting to see the credentials of these " hundreds of other scientists" and their published work and findings. I would be interested and amazed to see a few offered up and the "evidence"

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/luc-montagnier-covid-created-lab/

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.ibtimes.sg/nobel-winning...hans-lab-43277

- - - Updated - - -

I'd say thats a significant source , there are plenty more but if you want ot know you will research it and not expect me to do it for you ...

bottom line I dont care what the media forcefeeds on the topic because anyone with a brain realizes that it speaks with mainly 1 voice and its all controlled propaganda not really "news"

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

What is significant about it? The individual has credentials for sure...but does not appear to have ever studied the corona virus in a lab. He based his claim off of data that has now been both retracted and debunked.

In a sense, that is exactly how science is intended to work. There are hypotheses and various claims...and then empirical data and observations are brought to bear on those claims. Ones that can not hold up are rejected/falsified and revised hypotheses are formulated to account for the current state of understanding on a topic. Basic stuff that has been going on for hundreds of years.

Currently, to the best of my knowledge, there is no scientific evidence or data to refute the "arising naturally" hypothesis for COVID. There is a ton of data to refute the "made in a lab" hypothesis. That is basic falsification and rejection of an inferior hypothesis for a superior one. A badly summarized version of Popperian falsification.

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    A badly summarized version of Popperian falsification.
    Had either forgotten, or did not know that term.

The Falsification Principle, proposed by Karl Popper, is a way of demarcating science from non-science. It suggests that for a theory to be considered scientific it must be able to be tested and conceivably proven false. For example, the hypothesis that "all swans are white," can be falsified by observing a black swan.

Had either forgotten, or did not know that term.
    It is a useful way to think about how we "know" stuff. You can argue that you never really "prove" anything, but falsify the competing explanations and are left with the best provisional explanation at the time. Then, at any point in the future, that explanation could be falsified based on new information, measurements, observations, etc.

In a very real sense, no one has ever proven the "theory of gravity". Instead repeated observations, experiments, and what not have been performed and none of them have been able to "falsify" gravity as the simplest and most robust explanation for what we are seeing.

Science is fun.

Molecular biologist Dr. Richard H. Ebright, PhD is one of the twenty six world scientists who signed the Open Letter: “Call for a Full and Unrestricted International Forensic Investigation into the Origins of COVID-19”. A document released last March 4 by the Wall Street Journal and Le Monde that reignited the debate over the pandemic’s origin after the WHO-convened mission to Wuhan.

Article by Jorge Casesmeiro Roger from Independent Science News.
    Board of Governors Professor of Chemistry and Chemical Biology at Rutgers University, Dr. Richard H. Ebright, PhD, is also Laboratory Director at the Waksman Institute of Microbiology and serves as project leader on two National Institutes of Health research grants.

Dr. Richard Ebright received his AB in Biology and his PhD in Microbiology and Molecular Genetics from Harvard University. He has more than one hundred sixty publications and more than forty issued and pending patents. He is member of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, and a Fellow of the American Association for Advancement of Science, the American Academy of Microbiology, and the Infectious Diseases Society of America.

Dr. Ebright is a member of the Institutional Biosafety Committee of Rutgers University and the Antimicrobial Resistance Committee of the Infectious Diseases Society of America. He is also been a member of the Working Group on Pathogen Security of the state of New Jersey, and the Controlling Dangerous Pathogens Project of the Center for International Security Studies. He was a founding member of the Cambridge Working Group, which advocated for biosafety, biosecurity, and risk-benefit reviews for gain-of-function research on potential pandemic pathogens.

Dr. Ebright, you are one of the 26 scientific signers of the Open Letter that stopped the release of the WHO-convened mission Interim Report and has reopened the CoV-2 origin debate. Do you think the final report of this WHO/China joint team is going to shut down COVID origin controversy?

No.
    The Open Letter explains in detail the structural and functional limitations of the WHO-China Wuhan collaborative team: exclusive Chinese field work, lack of complete access to lab installations or databases, consensus process in report making…

A credible investigation would have had Terms of Reference that: 1) Acknowledged the possibility of laboratory origin, 2) Ensured access of investigators to records, samples, personnel, and facilities at the Wuhan laboratories that handle bat SARS-related coronaviruses, 3) Enabled collection of evidence, not mere meet-and-greet photo-ops, 4) Authorized an investigation of months, not mere days. And 5) A credible investigation also would have had conflict-of-interest-free investigators, not persons who were subjects of the research and/or closely associated with subjects of the investigation.

You have said several times that this WHO mission was literally “a charade”.

Yes, its members were willing –and, in at least one case, enthusiastic– participants in disinformation.
    The pre-negotiated “Terms of Reference” for the WHO study did not even acknowledge the possibility of a laboratory origin of the virus and did not even mention the Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV), the Wuhan Center for Disease Control (CDC) or the Wuhan Institute of Biological Products.

Regarding the inspection personnel, at least one member of the WHO mission team, Ecohealth Alliance President Dr. Peter Daszak, seems to have conflicts of interest that should have disqualified him from being part of an investigation of the origins of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Yes. Daszak was the contractor who funded the laboratory at WIV that potentially was the source of the virus (with subcontracts from $200 million from the US Department of State and $7 million from the US National Institutes of Health), and he was a collaborator and co-author on research projects at the laboratory.

The Open Letter also lists the elements of “What a full investigation should look like”. So again, Dr. Ebright, if you where in charge of a forensic team to investigate in Wuhan the origins of the pandemic: what would you like to see first? What kind of questions would you ask and to who?

A credible forensic investigation would require access to records, samples, personnel, and facilities at WIV, the Wuhan CDC and the Wuhan Institute of Biological Products. It would entail inspection of electronic and paper records, inspection of freezer and refrigerator samples, environmental sampling of facilities, and confidential interviews with personnel–including previous and current construction, maintenance, janitorial, disposal, security, animal-facility, laboratory, and administrative personnel.

you can read the rest here but you likely wont and instead will simply deflect and or call the source a tin foil hate wearer and claim its been debunked by some other asshat that has less qualifications because he tows the company line bullshit but we are used to that sort of shit from liberals drinking the koolaid of the network news on the tell-lie-vision https://noqreport.com/2021/03/26/an-...isinformation/

Sure. Calls for rigorous investigation are a really good idea. But again...no evidence, data, or observations are provided to support the claim that the virus was made in a lab.

Essentially, a really qualified dude said that he had serious concerns about how good the WHO investigation was. That is a related, but totally separate point.

No information or knowledge about the virus appears to have been provided or used in constructing that letter.

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    You poor, poor thing.
    Nope. You're still not getting it.

You don't ignore problems, or run away. You deal with them head on. I suspect you're been scared already by the former.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Nope. You're still not getting it.

You don't ignore problems, or run away. You deal with them head on. I suspect you're been scared already by the former.
    Well actually, in this case, ignoring it is exactly the right thing to do. Unless you think the shitshow that resulted from the failed response forced on us by liberals was a positive thing. In which case - you poor, poor thing.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

This stupid thread is filtering into the “Steelers” thread. So I will have fun here. I am 60, I have had CV-19 in 02-20, sick with fever for six days…no taste or smell. Political…a little right of center. My son-26 had CV-19, diagnosed day after birthday 08-31-2020. Sick with fever for five days. Political….a little left of center. Mother 85, way right all her life. Now…..somewhat right…..couldn’t wait for vaccination. Got both…Wife…..really right…..couldn’t wait for vaccination…..got both…..Daughter way…..WAY……left……couldn’t wait for vaccination…..got both….Me…..couldn’t wait for vaccination….Got both……Son…..radiology tech……had to get vaccination……couldn’t wait, got both. I’ve been getting malaria shots, chicken pox vaccines, flu shots, etc. all of my life…..what is the big deal. I love traveling internationally…..

Well actually, in this case, ignoring it is exactly the right thing to do. Unless you think the shitshow that resulted from the failed response forced on us by liberals was a positive thing. In which case - you poor, poor thing.
    Nope, you're still purposely lost in space with huge gaps in your "thinking".

Nope, you're still purposely lost in space with huge gaps in your "thinking".
    Yup, that's the difference. Between the two of us, I'm the only one who can do any thinking at all. It is no more likely for you to understand this than it would be for an animal to grasp advanced theoretical physics. Hey, I know, how about a chimp picture? You haven't done any of those in a while, Tom.

You poor, poor thing.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Yup, that's the difference. Between the two of us, I'm the only one who can do any thinking at all. It is no more likely for you to understand this than it would be for an animal to grasp advanced theoretical physics. Hey, I know, how about a chimp picture? You haven't done any of those in a while, Tom.

You poor, poor thing.
    Lets try this: The Olympic athletes are competing in virtually empty stadiums. Is that because the Japanese can't think, or are they being prudent?
    Last edited by willy; 07-24-2021 at 04:26 PM.

Lets try this: The Olympic athletes are competing in virtually empty stadiums. Is that because the Japanese can't think, or are they being prudent?
    Because they got cajoled into it by people who can't think. For example, primates like you.

Come on Tom, give us the chimp picture. We know it's killing you.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

temps are well over a 100 in those stadiums , that's the primary reason they are empty ....

hell the athletes are struggling in that heat 90+ and high humidity a feels like temp well over 100 then all that reflecting heat from the stadium itself ...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/another...123140964.html

Because they got cajoled into it by people who can't think.
    You lose again Mary.

- - - Updated - - -

temps ..................... that's the primary reason they are empty ....
    Haha, no. Nice try though.

I'm watching the women's volleyball. It's being played indoors in an air-conditioned arena. It's empty.

You lose again Mary.
    No, Tom. You lose too. You're just so stupid you don't even realize it. We all lose when chimps like you get their way. That's what "wE'rE aLl iN tHiS tOgEtHeR" means. The dumbest drag everyone down. The chimps sure do love to jump around and throw shit in the air, though.

Come on, Tom. Where's the animal picture? Do it, let it out.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

C.D.C. to Recommend Some Vaccinated People Wear Masks Indoors Again

LIVECovid-19 Updates: C.D.C. to Recommend Some Vaccinated People Wear Masks Indoors Again

The C.D.C. will recommend that some vaccinated people wear masks indoors again.

At a coffee shop last week after Los Angeles County reimposed an indoor mask mandate for everyone, regardless of vaccination status.Credit...Morgan Lieberman for The New York Times

By Apoorva Mandavilli

• July 27, 2021, 9:54 a.m. ET

Reversing a decision made just two months ago, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is expected to recommend on Tuesday that people vaccinated for the coronavirusresume wearing masks indoors in certain parts of the country.

The change follows reports of rising breakthrough infections with the more contagious Delta variant in people who were fully immunized, and case surges in regions with low vaccination rates.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/27/h...a-variant.html

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

I'm gonna go drink and drive. Who gives a shit if it's dangerous to the public, it's my freedom.

If you disagree with me, I'll call you a communist hippie for having any consideration for other people

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    I'm gonna go drink and drive. Who gives a shit if it's dangerous to the public, it's my freedom.

If you disagree with me, I'll call you a communist hippie for having any consideration for other people
    Are you going to cut your dick off to prevent rape also?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post
    Are you going to cut your dick off to prevent rape also?
    you first

you first
    Nope I'm an innocent bystander.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

What a piss-poor analogy. The failed COVID response was more like, "no one is allowed to drive until there is no chance of anyone ever driving drunk again."

Then, "even though we have made it so that drunk drivers can only kill each other, no one is still allowed to drive."

Idiots.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

What a piss-poor analogy. The failed COVID response was more like, "no one is allowed to drive until there is no chance of anyone ever driving drunk again."

Then, "even though we have made it so that drunk drivers can only kill each other, no one is still allowed to drive."

Idiots.
    Actually it's a good analogy, except your bias doesn't allow you to see anything other than through your own distorted view of reality, it must be a sad existence and I pity you

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Actually it's a good analogy, except your bias doesn't allow you to see anything other than through your own distorted view of reality, it must be a sad existence and I pity you
    I agree, bad analogy. Drinking and driving is against the law, so far opposing vaccine is not. Stay tuned, dynamic situation with Joe and Fauci

Depending if you're looking at it from the legal aspect or a public safety aspect