Page 28 of 56 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 Vaccine warning - watch

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Re: Covid-19 Vaccine warning - watch

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I honestly think very little about the government ever. Another solid straw man argument over all. At least you're consistent.

You've been on here for the better part of two years telling everyone as loudly and abrasively as you can that COVID wasn't a big deal...less than the flu...blah blah blah. Apparently it was a big enough deal that you were at the front of the line for getting a vaccine

Kinda seems like you've been using COVID as a stalking horse and an excuse to post a bunch of neo-libertarian drivel cobbled together at a below freshman year dorm room joint session level that you can't even be bothered to actually put into practice.

At least many others here have the dedication to put their beloved principles into action.

Me? I don't have any principles but that's another story...
    Well, Mr. Cranky Pants, you sure are on a tear today.

It's hard to tell whether you really do believe all of this stuff that you've twisted to fit what's going on in the echo chamber inside that head of yours. Or whether, in between contradicting yourself, you are just trying to demonstrate to everyone what a disconnect you have from the reality of how people think and act. But, given the examples you've shown even in the past few hours of how you will twist literally anything, with a lightning-fast turnaround, my money would be on the former. Sad. But - this is what happens when you're blinded by religion. Poor pretzel-brain.

I do have to say though, the extra venom dripping from your posts today, where we can tell that if you were using a pencil you'd be snapping off the point, has really been good for some giggles. I don't know what's gotten into you today, but you should seriously calm down before you give yourself a seizure.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Well, Mr. Cranky Pants, you sure are on a tear today.

It's hard to tell whether you really do believe all of this stuff that you've twisted to fit what's going on in the echo chamber inside that head of yours. Or whether, in between contradicting yourself, you are just trying to demonstrate to everyone what a disconnect you have from the reality of how people think and act. But, given the examples you've shown even in the past few hours of how you will twist literally anything, with a lightning-fast turnaround, my money would be on the former. Sad. But - this is what happens when you're blinded by religion. Poor pretzel-brain.

I do have to say though, the extra venom dripping from your posts today, where we can tell that if you were using a pencil you'd be snapping off the point, has really been good for some giggles. I don't know what's gotten into you today, but you should seriously calm down before you give yourself a seizure.
    Whatever floats your boat. Just done dealing with significant alterations to my life that could be easily avoided if we all stopped being patient with the village idiot(s). Been repeatedly finding out that many that are the loudest about this that or the other thing can't even be bothered to put their own hackneyed ideologies into practice.

Meanwhile, the rest of us have to listen to your whining and bitching when you're just like the rest of us. Not some brave clear-eyed trailblazer.

If you actually believed any of your own bullshit, we wouldn't even know about it because you wouldn't be able to access the internet from your off the grid freedom compound. But, you know, here you are pissing in everyone's cheerios and thinking your the cleverest turd in the punchbowl.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    Hmmm... I see at least 10 people a week driving in their cars with windows down wearing a mask...... and they are alone .w
    weird, huh?
    I think the "news media" has done a better job at dividing and instilling fear in the country than osama bin laden did 20 years ago. But its a drug, cnn, fox, etc.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Hmmm... I see at least 10 people a week driving in their cars with windows down wearing a mask...... and they are alone .w
    weird, huh?
    There are not smart people on all sides of this thing. It is daily an amazing experience to see how little common sense many folks display.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    I think the "news media" has done a better job at dividing and instilling fear in the country than osama bin laden did 20 years ago. But its a drug, cnn, fox, etc.
    I agree 100%.

- - - Updated - - -

There are not smart people on all sides of this thing. It is daily an amazing experience to see how little common sense many folks display.
    Again, I agree 100%.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Whatever floats your boat. Just done dealing with significant alterations to my life that could be easily avoided if we all stopped being patient with the village idiot(s).
    Yes, you are right. I have no idea why you have put up with significant alterations to your life that could be easily avoided if we all stopped being patient with the government.

Like - you do realize that a virus didn't impose significant alterations on your life, the government did, right? There aren't currently alterations to your life because some people are unvaccinated, there are alterations to your life because of the government. I'm glad that you're finally fed up with needless government overreach, but it sure seems like your blame is miscast.

The truth is, if it wasn't for the massive government overreaction, you would hardly even know that COVID existed. What is it now, 1 out of 500 people has died in the past two years? On average, that's roughly your sister-in-law's friend's uncle, who was 80. It's a shame, but he didn't have much longer anyway. So I am glad that the government-imposed restrictions are starting to upset you. Maybe when more leftists grow tired of them, there will be a chance to correct their terrible mistakes and make sure they aren't made again. But try to focus your blame and your hateful rhetoric where it belongs, please.

Meanwhile, I will continue to practice what I preach, which is that you should be free to make your own choices, not subject to any government mandate. I don't believe COVID is very important, and I don't believe a vaccine is very important either, with exceptions in both cases for the elderly. The flu is not very important to me either, but I am not against getting flu shots. I might even get a flu shot, and it doesn't mean that I was hypocritically tossing and turning all night losing sleep over the flu. Now, if they made flu shots mandatory in order to go anywhere in public, I would be against that. If they started closing schools and businesses over the flu, and ordering me to wear silly face decorations over the flu, then I would say that's an illegitimate course of action and those people need to be imprisoned. Perhaps you're beginning to understand how that works.

I think the problem for you is that I'm not practicing what YOU preach, or more accurately, what you think I ought to be preaching. It would be so much more convenient for your worldview.

Which is how you end up having a conniption and railing at everyone to get a vaccine because they're stupid, and then turning around and railing at people for getting that same vaccine because it makes them spineless hypocrites.

Doublethink is the ability to hold two completely contradictory beliefs at the same time, and to believe they are both true. Congratulations!
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

................Why should the government be allowed to do any of that? They're the only ones impinging on anyone's freedom.

I wonder why you're missing the main point? The more vaccinated people we have in this country the freer we are. It's the unvaccinated that are holding us back. So of course the government is going to push people to get vaccinated. DUH.

Quote Originally Posted by willy View Post
    I wonder why you're missing the main point? The more vaccinated people we have in this country the freer we are. It's the unvaccinated that are holding us back. So of course the government is going to push people to get vaccinated. DUH.
    You still don't get it. The only thing that determines how free you are is the ending of government restrictions. And those should all be ended immediately, regardless of how many people are vaccinated and how many people are not. It is sad that you would view your own personal freedom as something that should be tied to conditions and needs to be earned back. Like a beaten dog begging for scraps. What a disgrace.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

You still don't get it. The only thing that determines how free you are is the ending of government restrictions. And those should all be ended immediately, regardless of how many people are vaccinated and how many people are not. It is sad that you would view your own personal freedom as something that should be tied to conditions and needs to be earned back. Like a beaten dog begging for scraps. What a disgrace.
    Yeah, like taxes, speed limits, ad infinitum.

You're just an obnoxious dumb shit.

(Excuse me Mods)

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Whatever floats your boat. Just done dealing with significant alterations to my life that could be easily avoided if we all stopped being patient with the village idiot(s). Been repeatedly finding out that many that are the loudest about this that or the other thing can't even be bothered to put their own hackneyed ideologies into practice.

Meanwhile, the rest of us have to listen to your whining and bitching when you're just like the rest of us. Not some brave clear-eyed trailblazer.

If you actually believed any of your own bullshit, we wouldn't even know about it because you wouldn't be able to access the internet from your off the grid freedom compound. But, you know, here you are pissing in everyone's cheerios and thinking your the cleverest turd in the punchbowl.
    As long as your good with forcing 100 million people to inject something in their bodies. Right?
    The precedent is being set. The next time and there will be a next time. Government will mandate that every man, woman and child do something to their bodies, good or bad and/or another potus that you hate as much as the last one. I don't know about you but I'd like the ability to say yes or no.
    Again I don't care if people get vaccinated or not, their choice.
    Last edited by Mach1; 09-11-2021 at 08:13 PM.

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Forcing people to do something against their will isn't freedom. DUH

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post
    Forcing people to do something against their will isn't freedom. DUH
    Look, no one is tying anyone up and jabbing them, DUH, we, yes we are the government, are just making it hard on them. Don't like it, move to Africa or some place where you can't find the vaccine.

As long as your good with forcing 100 million people to inject something in their bodies. Right?
    The precedent is being set. ...........
    There's nothing unusual about having to get a vaccine. There are states all over this country where for decades you couldn't, and still can't, go to school without certain vaccines.

All 50 states have legislation requiring specified vaccines for students.
    https://www.ncsl.org/research/health...tate-laws.aspx

Dangers of the anti-vaccine movement - google

The danger of the anti-vaccination movement's social media ...

https://www.tamug.edu › articles › v32-i2-AntiVaxx

How does this affect us? According to the CDC, the state of Texas has approximately 60,000 children attending public schools that are unvaccinated, over 300,000 ...

Anti-vaccine movement is one of the ten threats to global health

https://www.sbmt.org.br › portal › anti-vaccine-movem...

New research published in the Vaccine Magazine found that anti-vax content on Facebook now embraces genuine beliefs, including the notion that polio does ...

The Anti-vaccination Movement: A Regression in Modern ...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov › articles › PMC6122668

by A Hussain · 2018 · Cited by 242 — There have been recent trends of parents in Western countries refusing to vaccinate their children due to numerous reasons and perceived ...
    Abstract · ‎Introduction and background · ‎Review · ‎Conclusions

Impact of anti-vaccine movements on pertussis control - PubMed

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov › ...

by EJ Gangarosa · 1998 · Cited by 821 — To assess the impact of anti-vaccine movements that targeted pertussis whole-cell vaccines, we compared pertussis incidence in countries where high coverage ...

Anti-vaxxer: Definition, beliefs, risks, and more - Medical News ...

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com › articles › anti-vax...

Nov 4, 2020 — 'Anti-vaxxer' refers to people who disagree with the use of vaccines for a variety of reasons. Learn more.
    What do anti-vaxxers believe? · ‎Benefits of vaccinations · ‎Summary. “ · ‎Ingredients

The discredited doctor hailed by the anti-vaccine movement

https://www.nature.com › book reviews

Oct 27, 2020 — The fraudulent work on 12 children promoted a non-existent connection between autism and the MMR vaccine, used against measles, mumps and ...

Vaccines and immunization: Myths and misconceptions

https://www.who.int › Newsroom › Q&A Detail

Oct 19, 2020 — This Q&A addresses the common misconceptions about vaccination that are often cited by concerned parents as reasons to question the wisdom of ...

There is no excuse. Anti-vaxxers put us all at risk - Morehouse ...

https://www.msm.edu › RSSFeedArticles › March › anti...

Lindenberger is the 18-year-old from Ohio who shared his story last week about growing up in an anti-vaccine household. He spoke at a U.S. Senate hearing on ...

The anti-vaccination infodemic on social media: A behavioral

https://journals.plos.org › plosone › article › journal.po...

by F Germani · 2021 · Cited by 21 — Our data demonstrate that Donald Trump, before his profile was suspended, was the main driver of vaccine misinformation on Twitter. Based on ...

The Influence of the Anti-Vaccine Movement | The New Yorker

https://www.newyorker.com › News › Coronavirus

Dec 18, 2020 — The virologist Peter Hotez discusses the spread of misinformation about the COVID-19 vaccine.

Look, no one is tying anyone up and jabbing them, DUH, we, yes we are the government, are just making it hard on them. Don't like it, move to Africa or some place where you can't find the vaccine.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

What a hypocrite you are.. Who the hell are you to tell anyone what to do. How about IF YOU don't like it, YOU move to Africa.

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityboyz View Post
    What a hypocrite you are.. Who the hell are you to tell anyone what to do. How about IF YOU don't like it, YOU move to Africa.
    Still confused I see. You could always come to Boston and get a little schooling.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Hell yeah

Yes, you are right. I have no idea why you have put up with significant alterations to your life that could be easily avoided if we all stopped being patient with the government.

Like - you do realize that a virus didn't impose significant alterations on your life, the government did, right? There aren't currently alterations to your life because some people are unvaccinated, there are alterations to your life because of the government. I'm glad that you're finally fed up with needless government overreach, but it sure seems like your blame is miscast.

The truth is, if it wasn't for the massive government overreaction, you would hardly even know that COVID existed. What is it now, 1 out of 500 people has died in the past two years? On average, that's roughly your sister-in-law's friend's uncle, who was 80. It's a shame, but he didn't have much longer anyway. So I am glad that the government-imposed restrictions are starting to upset you. Maybe when more leftists grow tired of them, there will be a chance to correct their terrible mistakes and make sure they aren't made again. But try to focus your blame and your hateful rhetoric where it belongs, please.

Meanwhile, I will continue to practice what I preach, which is that you should be free to make your own choices, not subject to any government mandate. I don't believe COVID is very important, and I don't believe a vaccine is very important either, with exceptions in both cases for the elderly. The flu is not very important to me either, but I am not against getting flu shots. I might even get a flu shot, and it doesn't mean that I was hypocritically tossing and turning all night losing sleep over the flu. Now, if they made flu shots mandatory in order to go anywhere in public, I would be against that. If they started closing schools and businesses over the flu, and ordering me to wear silly face decorations over the flu, then I would say that's an illegitimate course of action and those people need to be imprisoned. Perhaps you're beginning to understand how that works.

I think the problem for you is that I'm not practicing what YOU preach, or more accurately, what you think I ought to be preaching. It would be so much more convenient for your worldview.

Which is how you end up having a conniption and railing at everyone to get a vaccine because they're stupid, and then turning around and railing at people for getting that same vaccine because it makes them spineless hypocrites.

Doublethink is the ability to hold two completely contradictory beliefs at the same time, and to believe they are both true. Congratulations!
    Dude, you spent two years daily shouting about how this was not a big deal and no one needed any protection from anything. It was less concerning than the flu. And on and on. Then, it turns out, you must have been concerned about something because you went and got the protection when it became available.

You individually doing all that, no big deal. You do you and have a wonderful time doing it.

It is the people that amplify this out to the masses that really screw it up for the rest of us. Somewhere in the confused clap-trap you call a political ideology, there is the nugget of a useful talking point. But look at this very message board. Others can't even see that bit and just take the "vaccines are a tool of government oppression" and run with it. Now, we all have those idiots on the loose.

It is a vicious cycle of stupidity. Amplified through the wing-nut internet. It is why the cult of the individual philosophies are so corrosive. You elevate individual choice so far above everything else that you are blind to how individual choices impact the larger social whole.

- - - Updated - - -

Still waiting on those horrible side effects. Why is it that multiple posters can mention they exist but no one can actually find me proof of any happening at a rate above the line?

- - - Updated - - -

The precedent is being set. The next time and there will be a next time. Government will mandate that every man, woman and child do something to their bodies, good or bad and/or another potus that you hate as much as the last one. I don't know about you but I'd like the ability to say yes or no.
    Again I don't care if people get vaccinated or not, their choice.
    George Washington imposed the first vaccine mandate on the Continental Army.
    Multiple vaccines have been mandated in the past.
    The overwrought hand wringing just needs to stop.

Dude, you spent two years daily shouting about how this was not a big deal and no one needed any protection from anything. It was less concerning than the flu. And on and on. Then, it turns out, you must have been concerned about something because you went and got the protection when it became available.

You individually doing all that, no big deal. You do you and have a wonderful time doing it.

It is the people that amplify this out to the masses that really screw it up for the rest of us. Somewhere in the confused clap-trap you call a political ideology, there is the nugget of a useful talking point. But look at this very message board. Others can't even see that bit and just take the "vaccines are a tool of government oppression" and run with it. Now, we all have those idiots on the loose.

It is a vicious cycle of stupidity. Amplified through the wing-nut internet. It is why the cult of the individual philosophies are so corrosive. You elevate individual choice so far above everything else that you are blind to how individual choices impact the larger social whole.
    You just don't understand how this whole choice thing works, do you? See, the thing about choices is, you can make all kinds of them, for all kinds of reasons. Meanwhile, you are still stuck at the starting gate, trying to autistically jam everyone's actions into little boxes that fit your doctrine. Not a real smart way of looking at things.

You want to know why I would choose to get a vaccine? It's certainly not because I am concerned about COVID. But I will get a flu shot sometimes when they're giving them out, and it's not because I'm concerned about the flu. I simply see no reason to be concerned about a vaccine or any reason not to get one. I don't buy into the "vaccines are dangerous" hype for the same reason I don't buy into the "COVID is dangerous" hype: Because the available evidence strongly indicates that both are gross overreactions.

That's what making a choice looks like. And the thing is, sometimes when you make a choice of your own free will, you will happen to reach the same conclusion that certain others want, and sometimes you won't. What you are doing, and what the hardcore anti-vaccine crowd is doing, is what dogged devotion to a slate of ideas looks like.

I have complained for two years about having choices forced on us, and that is 100% the correct idea. You are just beginning to experience the frustration of other's poor decisions negatively impacting your life. Now imagine how angry you would be if, in September 2023, you were still unable to live your life the way you would choose, all because of these misguided anti-vaxxer cavemen with their claptrap ideology that isn't supported by science and data. Well, now you are starting to understand how I feel about the pro-lockdown crowd. You are late to the party and your blame is misplaced, but maybe one day you will figure it out, now that you have reached the first step.

In any case, I would much rather have my half-baked freshman-level libertarian beliefs than your well-researched dystopian bullshit. Look at what you believe in, it's a disgrace.

If people like you had ever learned to shut the hell up, we would have had men on Mars, and respect and tolerance for each other across all walks of life. Instead we're arguing over race and whether men should be allowed in the women's bathroom, and now you don't have a face. Congratulations, dipshit - really, just A+ work.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

You just don't understand how this whole choice thing works, do you? See, the thing about choices is, you can make all kinds of them, for all kinds of reasons. Meanwhile, you are still stuck at the starting gate, trying to autistically jam everyone's actions into little boxes that fit your doctrine. Not a real smart way of looking at things.

You want to know why I would choose to get a vaccine? It's certainly not because I am concerned about COVID. But I will get a flu shot sometimes when they're giving them out, and it's not because I'm concerned about the flu. I simply see no reason to be concerned about a vaccine or any reason not to get one. I don't buy into the "vaccines are dangerous" hype for the same reason I don't buy into the "COVID is dangerous" hype: Because the available evidence strongly indicates that both are gross overreactions.

That's what making a choice looks like. And the thing is, sometimes when you make a choice of your own free will, you will happen to reach the same conclusion that certain others want, and sometimes you won't. What you are doing, and what the hardcore anti-vaccine crowd is doing, is what dogged devotion to a slate of ideas looks like.

I have complained for two years about having choices forced on us, and that is 100% the correct idea. You are just beginning to experience the frustration of other's poor decisions negatively impacting your life. Now imagine how angry you would be if, in September 2023, you were still unable to live your life the way you would choose, all because of these misguided anti-vaxxer cavemen with their claptrap ideology that isn't supported by science and data. Well, now you are starting to understand how I feel about the pro-lockdown crowd. You are late to the party and your blame is misplaced, but maybe one day you will figure it out, now that you have reached the first step.

In any case, I would much rather have my half-baked freshman-level libertarian beliefs than your well-researched dystopian bullshit. Look at what you believe in, it's a disgrace.

If people like you had ever learned to shut the hell up, we would have had men on Mars, and respect and tolerance for each other across all walks of life. Instead we're arguing over race and whether men should be allowed in the women's bathroom, and now you don't have a face. Congratulations, dipshit - really, just A+ work.
    Steelreserve and friends exercising their freedom of choice:

Steelreserve and friends exercising their freedom of choice:

Tom and friends protecting us for our own good:

See you Space Cowboy ...

Tom and friends protecting us for our own good:

Bone dumb.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Bone dumb.
    You only look through a one way window, don't you?

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I know I am not an intellectual like some on here proclaim to be but can someone explain this to me? If the vaccine supposedly protects people from COVID, then why do we all need to get the vaccine to protect the vaccinated? If we still need to protect vaccinated people by other people getting the vaccine, what the bleeding hell point is it to getting the vaccine? Amazing what using just a little bit of brainpower can do?

- - - Updated - - -

I guess "My Body My Choice" doesn't apply here, only applies when it's politically convenient for liberals

You only look through a one way window, don't you?
    Ok, so you're claiming to know why I said that. So why did I say that as a reaction to his post?

Ok, so you're claiming to know why I said that. So why did I say that as a reaction to his post?
    I don't claim to know why you say anything that you do. I can only go on the things you have said to me and the things you seem to ignore in order to support your own opinion/s. You seem to like to be mean spirited, intentionally hurtful, and antagonistic toward anyone that doesn't agree with you. So... to me, you seem to look through a one way window and... screw what anyone else thinks.

Others don't agree with me and few other posters on here, but you rise to the top with your one way view of things. I can agree to disagree with most of the people that don't follow my way of thinking, but you are a different animal. I have no respect for you as a poster on here at all. If I were to meet you, I might think you were a nice guy, but................................

I don't claim to know why you say anything that you do. .
    So you had no idea why I posted that but yet you gave an opinion. I see.

Senior Member Array title="T&B fan has much to be proud of"> T&B fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    I know I am not an intellectual like some on here proclaim to be but can someone explain this to me? If the vaccine supposedly protects people from COVID, then why do we all need to get the vaccine to protect the vaccinated? If we still need to protect vaccinated people by other people getting the vaccine, what the bleeding hell point is it to getting the vaccine? Amazing what using just a little bit of brainpower can do?

- - - Updated - - -

I guess "My Body My Choice" doesn't apply here, only applies when it's politically convenient for liberals
    if we do not kill covid it will change more and more ( the Delta variant ) making the vaccine not worth taking .
    we must never forget tell everyone you know New England cheated and might be back at it Edit 1-21-15 there back Edit #2__12-8-19 here we go again Edit #3__ 5-25-23 it never ends

So you had no idea why I posted that but yet you gave an opinion. I see.
    No problem.