Page 12 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 Vaccine warning - watch

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Re: Covid-19 Vaccine warning - watch

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by T&B fan View Post
    well now thats only true for what YOU believe . abortion , gender , gay . not so much freedom of choice for them .
    No. Just no.

Conservatives do not believe a person's freedom gives them the right to take another human life unless it is in defense of their own life. That would be abortion. We don't care about the gender issue. What we do care about is when XY chromosomed people try to participate in sports designated for XX chromosomed people. Oh, and by the way, that's a Title IX issue that protects woman in sports - something that was passed with bipartisan support (although a lot more democrats voted against it than republicans). As far as being gay, I know of no Republicans who want to pass laws disallowing people from being gay, and sodomy laws have all be struck down seventeen years ago by a SCOTUS decision.

So, I'm not sure where you're getting this. Unless, of course, you're talking about ignoring the fact that abortion negates the right to life (or any other rights) of a human being in a womb, you believe that there is no biological difference between a man and a woman (the basis behind gender theory, part of social constructionism), and redefining marriage to mean something it had never before meant in modern European history.

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    gender not a choice no matter how many times it’s said. A brunette is still a brunette whether they bleach hair or not. Michael Jackson was black even after his nose job and skin treatments.
    That's not correct. Gender refers to the groupings of roles in society by sex. A female can have two or three sets of roles in her lifetime, or more, meaning she has three genders in her lifetime. She remains "Female" throughout all of them. That is, she remains an XX chromosomed person. But, the change in societal roles changes the gender. Men are the same way. In fact. Although you don't hear it as much anymore, at one time it was common place to hear someone say, "You got laid? Congrats, you became a man!" While there was joking with that, it also speaks to a deeper belief that one moves from the gender of boy to the gender of man when he becomes sexual active. Yet, throughout, he remains an XY chromosomed person, or remains "Male" the entire time.

What you are reacting to is the social constructionists who argue all there is, is gender. That both the roles put upon a person and the sex of the person is dictated by society. That, honestly, is a load of crap. There are distinct differences between XX and XY chromosomed people.

Now, before anyone jumps in, yes, I recognize there are things like Klinefelter syndrome (that creates an XXY makeup in a male body and leaves the person closer to androgyny, although that person is still decidedly male) and intersexed people (differences between external and internal sexual organs), but those are exceptions that prove the rule.
    Last edited by Craic; 04-26-2021 at 12:33 AM.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    No. Just no.

Conservatives do not believe a person's freedom gives them the right to take another human life unless it is in defense of their own life. That would be abortion. We don't care about the gender issue. What we do care about is when XY chromosomed people try to participate in sports designated for XX chromosomed people. Oh, and by the way, that's a Title IX issue that protects woman in sports - something that was passed with bipartisan support (although a lot more democrats voted against it than republicans). As far as being gay, I know of no Republicans who want to pass laws disallowing people from being gay, and sodomy laws have all be struck down seventeen years ago by a SCOTUS decision.

So, I'm not sure where you're getting this. Unless, of course, you're talking about ignoring the fact that abortion negates the right to life (or any other rights) of a human being in a womb, you believe that there is no biological difference between a man and a woman (the basis behind gender theory, part of social constructionism), and redefining marriage to mean something it had never before meant in modern European history.
    What you are dealing with are two separate liberal fictions.

One is that in order to make themselves feel like their causes are righteous, they need a villain. So they have come to believe that the typical conservative is a caricature of a religious bigot from 50 years ago. I don't think the average rank-and-file liberal really actively participates in creating the caricature or gives it much thought - they are simply told that's what it is, so they go with it. Of course, anyone who's been paying attention can see it hasn't been that way for decades, but it is easier to just go along with the caricature. After all, modern liberalism is a religion, and this would require questioning one of the core principles. It would be blasphemy, like saying Hell doesn't exist. Your run-of-the-mill adherent isn't going to do that - what's in it for him?

The second liberal fiction that you are encountering is the Newspeak/doublethink side of the coin. Disingenuously twisting the definitions of words and the meaning of language to construct a paper-thin rhetorical argument. Using ideas and scientific principles as if they are interchangeable, when they clearly are not and never were interchangeable. I think the concept of transgender rights is like their wet dream in this respect. Just swap the biological definition of sex with the psychological definition of gender at will, whenever it suits your purpose (which is often just to create anger and controversy). Doesn't have to make sense, doesn't have to be credible - just flip the script whenever you've dug yourself too deep, and keep screeching. This particular cause also has the delightful effect of forcing the believers to swallow entire new levels of absurdity one after another, and must be excellent for building and testing devotion to the doctrine.

Of course, both of these things are about as rigorously intellectual as a grade-schooler throwing trash at you and yelling "You touched it last, you littered!" Anyone can see how ridiculous they look. But they just keep repeating it, and god damn, do they think it makes them smart.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

That's not correct. Gender refers to the groupings of roles in society by sex. A female can have two or three sets of roles in her lifetime, or more, meaning she has three genders in her lifetime. She remains "Female" throughout all of them. That is, she remains an XX chromosomed person. But, the change in societal roles changes the gender. Men are the same way. In fact. Although you don't hear it as much anymore, at one time it was common place to hear someone say, "You got laid? Congrats, you became a man!" While there was joking with that, it also speaks to a deeper belief that one moves from the gender of boy to the gender of man when he becomes sexual active. Yet, throughout, he remains an XY chromosomed person, or remains "Male" the entire time.

What you are reacting to is the social constructionists who argue all there is, is gender. That both the roles put upon a person and the sex of the person is dictated by society. That, honestly, is a load of crap. There are distinct differences between XX and XY chromosomed people.

Now, before anyone jumps in, yes, I recognize there are things like Klinefelter syndrome (that creates an XXY makeup in a male body and leaves the person closer to androgyny, although that person is still decidedly male) and intersexed people (differences between external and internal sexual organs), but those are exceptions that prove the rule.
    No. Just no.

Interesting thoughts. I am not sure how you can be so sure that no one wants to pass laws that bar people from being gay, but also appear upset with gay marriage. Part of being something is being able to do ALL of that thing. For gay folks, that includes marriage -- if for no other reason than to gain the legal recognition needed for visitation, legal decisions, and inheritance.

What are the differences between XY and XX chromosomed people aside from sexual organs?

Why limit your pool of comparative "social constructs" to modern European history? Convenience? Religions? Demography? Legal precedents? I wasn't sure. Marriage is a totally arbitrarily defined and constructed thing that varies from culture to culture. So why pick this one or that one as a specific version to adhere to? You seem to be willing to allow gender to be an arbitrarily defined social construct that varies across cultures and changes over time...but marriage is different somehow? Curious to know why.

Finally, I did not realize that we had so many entrenched defenders of women sports! That's great! Maybe some new forums will start up to discuss all the womens' sports that are being followed. Most college and above levels of athletic competition have specific rules about who can and can not compete against whom and all that. The levels of athletics that most folks are advocating mixing are below HS. And, honestly, I have a hard time figuring out what the problem is there. The most difficult portion of the intersection (trigger word!) of athletics, sex, and gender is going to be at the high school level. The competitive fears are largely overblown, at least based on the current data. The stuff people are scared of is already happening and it isn't mattering in any of the ways that people are imagining that it would. Meanwhile, you have kids trying to figure out who they are and people freaking out and placing weird rules and restrictions on them because of their own fears and anxieties. I suspect that the current "moral panic" over trans rights will be regarded as all previous moral panics are: silly, out of touch, tinged with more than a bit of unnecessary religious fervor, and embarrassing in hindsight. Remember when all those satanic cults were killing kids in the '80's and then it turned out it never happened? Or when D&D was a gateway to worshipping the devil? Or when the ability to mail letters unsupervised would lead to the moral degeneration of scores of young women and tempt them to prostitution?

Also, I am mostly posting this to drive a couple of people nutso...their over the top angry screeds will lighten an otherwise crappy week!

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    What are the differences between XY and XX chromosomed people aside from sexual organs.

Also, I am mostly posting this to drive a couple of people nutso...their over the top angry screeds will lighten an otherwise crappy week!
    Ah, so "screed" is the new word of the month, the successor to "snowflake," "scared," and "but I'm sure that's a bit much for you to comprehend." Well, keep on hammering it home, I'm sure you'll prove your point eventually instead of looking like a condescending jackass!

*gets triggered, posts angry screed*

"Go ahead, get triggered and post an angry screed! (reeeeeeeee!) I find this hilarious!"

As for the difference between biological males and biological females, start with about 30% upper body strength and 10% in height, and go from there. It's not that people are huge fans of women's sports, so much as they are not fans of logic and reason being stood on their head using weasel words, which is all you and your not-too-bright comrades ever do.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Ah, so "screed" is the new word of the month, the successor to "snowflake," "scared," and "but I'm sure that's a bit much for you to comprehend." Well, keep on hammering it home, I'm sure you'll prove your point eventually instead of looking like a condescending jackass!

*gets triggered, posts angry screed*

"Go ahead, get triggered and post an angry screed! (reeeeeeeee!) I find this hilarious!"

As for the difference between biological males and biological females, start with about 30% upper body strength and 10% in height, and go from there. It's not that people are huge fans of women's sports, so much as they are not fans of logic and reason being stood on their head using weasel words, which is all you and your not-too-bright comrades ever do.
    Oh, NO! The mean man on the internet called me an angry name! Whatever will I do?! I guess I better question every one of my life decisions...

Oh, NO! The mean man on the internet called me an angry name! Whatever will I do?! I guess I better question every one of my life decisions...
    I mean, it would be a good start. I sure would if I were you.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Hey, look at the hosts of Fox and Friends all got their vaccinations for Covid. Why are they not removed from the network for being such sheep and willfully having a microchip implanted in them from Bill Gates and George Soros??

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Hey, look at the hosts of Fox and Friends all got their vaccinations for Covid. Why are they not removed from the network for being such sheep and willfully having a microchip implanted in them from Bill Gates and George Soros??

I don't know - why does every single liberal believe there should be full communism, and mandatory gender reassignment surgery, and that we should immediately nuke Iran and start a world war, and every illegal alien should have all the free money they want?

See, those aren't exaggerations, they're mainstream beliefs. Every liberal believes them. They're mainstream because I said so. You believe them because I said so. It must be because you're so miserable and unsuccessful in life, and blame others for your severe problems. I said that, so it must be true too.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    I don't know - why does every single liberal believe there should be full communism, and mandatory gender reassignment surgery, and that we should immediately nuke Iran and start a world war, and every illegal alien should have all the free money they want?

See, those aren't exaggerations, they're mainstream beliefs. Every liberal believes them. They're mainstream because I said so. You believe them because I said so. It must be because you're so miserable and unsuccessful in life, and blame others for your severe problems. I said that, so it must be true too.
    Some good reading for you here, when you get tired of feeling sorry for yourself and blaming it on other people.

This Is Not Equal To That: How False Equivalence Clouds Our Judgment

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stephan...h=540cd9a65c0f

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Some good reading for you here, when you get tired of feeling sorry for yourself and blaming it on other people.

This Is Not Equal To That: How False Equivalence Clouds Our Judgment

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stephan...h=540cd9a65c0f
    Still unclear on the concept that when people say "You suck," they don't mean "I suck and I blame you," are we? Well, that sounds about right for an egomaniac with low intelligence. The bold front fools no one - maybe one day you will conquer your insecurity and quit embarrassing yourself.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

All you vaccinated folks are now magnetized. Here is the proof.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

99.2 % survival rate ..I like my chances vs the virus better than I do long term longevity with an untested vaccine.. and anyone that wants to say its been test is a moron .... covid 19 have been around a year and a half ... the vaccine in the works for less time the final version for just months ... they have no clue what it will do long term ...

dont mind me while I live a long life vaccine free , you might be dead in a few years from taking this unfounded measure or prevention that could well be the cause of your death... Russian roulette anyone ??

lots of people in the medical field are being silenced , why silence them if you have nothing to fear ....
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    99.2 % survival rate ..I like my chances vs the virus better than I do long term longevity with an untested vaccine.. and anyone that wants to say its been test is a moron .... covid 19 have been around a year and a half ... the vaccine in the works for less time the final version for just months ... they have no clue what it will do long term ...

dont mind me while I live a long life vaccine free , you might be dead in a few years from taking this unfounded measure or prevention that could well be the cause of your death... Russian roulette anyone ??

lots of people in the medical field are being silenced , why silence them if you have nothing to fear ....
    Product of decades of research. Much of the science behind the COVID vaccines is quite old -- https://cihr-irsc.gc.ca/e/52424.html#tl

https://www.uab.edu/news/youcanuse/i...uickly-be-safe
    "The crucial sequence information needed to target COVID-19 came from a vaccine research laboratory at the NIH. The lab had been working on HIV vaccine designs for decades and had developed algorithms to identify molecular structures optimized for vaccines. This approach also predicted a successful vaccine structure against the respiratory syncytial virus. Harnessing that experience, the NIH group rapidly identified stable molecular structures optimized for the mRNA vaccines against COVID-19."

The development was anything but quick. It just took a global pandemic demand for the cash and incentive to become available for the final pieces to get pulled together. I read somewhere that a few places figured they had a workable vaccine for things related to COVID-19 (SARS maybe?) but the demand was too low to justify the final R&D and trial portions.

OK...so if you know that they are being silenced....then their message was still communicated....thus hardly silenced....or am I missing something?

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

OK...so if you know that they are being silenced....then their message was still communicated....thus hardly silenced....or am I missing something?
    when a video is posted and seen and sometimes saved and the source file is removed from the host by someone other than the party who posted it that is an act of silencing ...

it can be spun a million ways but at the end of the day removal of is an act of silencing , if those medically trained professionals have something to share on the topic we should be able to choose to hear them or ignore them , that is part of making an informed decision and an informed decision can only be made when you have had opportunity to listen to all sides not just 1

Perhaps the real message that liberals should be taking away from the vaccine debate is that their own behavior has been so appalling that it has alienated hundreds of millions of people to the point that they hate you over something as mundane as a vaccine.

Think about that for a second. The anti-vax "movement" was never more than a small fringe group. It is not that large numbers of people suddenly don't understand science or have become zany conspiracy theorists. It is that they hate YOU, the American liberal, so much that they don't trust anything you say and will resist anything you tell them to do - and it is all because of your very own words and actions. Yeah, a lot of them have to go out of their way to find reasons to resist something like a vaccine. But doesn't that tell you something? It all comes down to YOU. Grab a fucking mirror.

"But of course that may be a bit much for you to comprehend."
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Kind of a pessimistic opinion of things, but have at it. Doesn't really bother or affect me personally.

If you do some research and read up on how the vaccines work to allow your body to identify the spike protein of Covid-19 and you look at the ingredients of the actual vials...its pretty harmless. But that kind of plays into the Walt Whitman quote I referenced elsewhere of being "curious, not judgmental".

Lots of judgmental info out on the internet, without anybody bothering to be curious as to how vaccines really work and what is actually in the vial.

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

Massachusetts rolls out the Vax Express.

Massachusetts is rolling out a vaccination train next week

With stops in Boston, Worcester, Lowell, Lawrence, and Fitchburg next week.

https://www.boston.com/news/coronavi...ination-train/

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

I thought you were willing to take a bullet for the Red, White, and Blue?

when a video is posted and seen and sometimes saved and the source file is removed from the host by someone other than the party who posted it that is an act of silencing ...

it can be spun a million ways but at the end of the day removal of is an act of silencing , if those medically trained professionals have something to share on the topic we should be able to choose to hear them or ignore them , that is part of making an informed decision and an informed decision can only be made when you have had opportunity to listen to all sides not just 1
    You seem to be advocating for listening to 3 sides:
    1. Science based in favor of the vaccine - plenty of that out there
    2. Science based against the vaccine - some of that out there
    3. Howling madness about mutating our DNA and making us magnetic - that is what is being "silenced".

I mean why you would want to seek out and listen to #3 is beyond me. It also needs to be realized that much of the "silenced" crowd is intentionally posting things that are designed to get banned. Then they can say "this video got banned because THEY don't want you to see it!". Gives them internet "street cred" and it seems you are falling for it hook, line, and sinker.

Honestly, I really don't care. The less people believe in and use the results of science...the less I have to worry about scarcity of those things. So I guess that is good? I don't know anymore.

Hope this doesn't come back to bite you or yours in the ass.

You seem to be advocating for listening to 3 sides:
    1. Science based in favor of the vaccine - plenty of that out there
    2. Science based against the vaccine - some of that out there
    3. Howling madness about mutating our DNA and making us magnetic - that is what is being "silenced".

I mean why you would want to seek out and listen to #3 is beyond me. It also needs to be realized that much of the "silenced" crowd is intentionally posting things that are designed to get banned. Then they can say "this video got banned because THEY don't want you to see it!". Gives them internet "street cred" and it seems you are falling for it hook, line, and sinker.

Honestly, I really don't care. The less people believe in and use the results of science...the less I have to worry about scarcity of those things. So I guess that is good? I don't know anymore.

Hope this doesn't come back to bite you or yours in the ass.

1st bold ... not true lots of trained medical professionals putting out well thought out and scientifically back evidence that is being banned because it doesnt follow the narrative of getting everyone vaccinated\

2nd bold ... horseshit , front to back back to front completely unwarranted and unfounded

3rd bold.... with a 99.2 % survival rate not many will be dropping dead from the Virus , can we say the same for those who took the vaccine ? .... time will tell but I like my odds

1st bold ... not true lots of trained medical professionals putting out well thought out and scientifically back evidence that is being banned because it doesnt follow the narrative of getting everyone vaccinated\

2nd bold ... horseshit , front to back back to front completely unwarranted and unfounded

3rd bold.... with a 99.2 % survival rate not many will be dropping dead from the Virus , can we say the same for those who took the vaccine ? .... time will tell but I like my odds
    So what is all this evidence of trained professionals that says vaccines are bad? One actual verifiable thing...

99.2 % survival rate ..I like my chances vs the virus better than I do long term longevity with an untested vaccine.. and anyone that wants to say its been test is a moron .... covid 19 have been around a year and a half ... the vaccine in the works for less time the final version for just months ... they have no clue what it will do long term .........
    Maybe you're not aware:

Common question

What are the long term effects of COVID-19?

As more and more people in the U.S. recover after COVID-19 infection, physicians and researchers have noticed a trend: Some COVID-19 survivors experience long-lasting fatigue, lung problems, joint pain, brain fog and other symptoms.
    May 19, 2021
    https://www.google.com/search?client...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

And today I just heard that they may add an elevated or unnatural heart beat to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by willy View Post
    Massachusetts rolls out the Vax Express.

https://www.boston.com/news/coronavi...ination-train/
    Hi, Tom.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

So what is all this evidence of trained professionals that says vaccines are bad? One actual verifiable thing...

they remove it all often times before it can even be reviewed with any amount of scrutiny , I cant show whats gone and you cant see it ...thats kind of their point