Page 10 of 56 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 Vaccine warning - watch

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Re: Covid-19 Vaccine warning - watch

my apologies to EGJ, I think it was FrancoLambert who crowned demented 444 as ball buster.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Thanks for sharing. It appears that the author suggested in a weblog that people who have had malaria have a higher immunoglobulin levels and might help protect against Covid 19.

Seems like its being studied as he notes a Chinese study where patients(325) were given daily high doses of IV Immunoglobulin gamma, showed a reduction of mortality in high risk patients, in a retrospective study. You likely know the usual conclusions of retrospective studies of a few hundred subjects, but interesting study to read.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    my apologies to EGJ, I think it was FrancoLambert who crowned demented 444 as ball buster.
    no problem, as always the juvenile name calling is, what it is. Reminds me of back when I was 10 and had no better response to someone.

Besides, I'm not afraid of prairie oysters.

Wynkoop Brewery’s Rocky Mountain Oyster Stout Is a Beer With Balls, Literally (a review)

Is Rocky Mountain Oyster Stout — a beer made with bull testicles — worth trying?

https://www.cookingchanneltv.com/dev...ut-beer-review

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Yes, it was me.

You’re demented and senile. This is an example of ball busting.
    You look and sound like a monkey. This is another example of ball busting.
    If you voted for Trump, you’re an idiot. This is another example of ball busting.
    If you voted for Biden, you’re an idiot. This is another example of ball busting.
    You’re an asshole. Another example of ball busting.
    You’re a shithead. The same.

Get the picture?

Kids bust balls all the time...think back to when you were 15.

Can’t believe you weren’t exposed to ball busting growing up. It thickens the skin.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

[QUOTE=El-Gonzo Jackson;760736]
    Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    They won't be wearing a t shirt on their face...lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, surgical masks and surgical gowns used to be cloth. It just became more convenient to use disposable instead of laundering them. I have seen some hospitals in rural sites that still had some cloth caps, masks and shoe covers, which their on site laundry reprocesses. Its basically cloth, just like a shirt, but with a tight weave.
    So what you are saying is that actual knowledge makes the world more understandable and less confusing? Liberal extremist.

Interestingly enough, if you follow up the details on any official advisories/guidance/recommendations for "double masking" it is about ensuring proper fit. Nothing to do with layers. It has to do with most masks not fitting properly and if you put a disposable mask under a cloth mask you tend to get a better "seal".

Which if you look at the masks in your original posting are similar. The around the head tie instead of ear loops squashes it against your nose an mouth.

But...this all requires actually reading and thinking rather than just re-posting talking points that someone else on the internet told you about.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
    Yes, it was me.

You’re demented and senile. This is an example of ball busting.
    You look and sound like a monkey. This is another example of ball busting.
    If you voted for Trump, you’re an idiot. This is another example of ball busting.
    If you voted for Biden, you’re an idiot. This is another example of ball busting.
    You’re an asshole. Another example of ball busting.
    You’re a shithead. The same.

Get the picture?

Kids bust balls all the time...think back to when you were 15.

Can’t believe you weren’t exposed to ball busting growing up. It thickens the skin.
    we have different definitions for ball busting. yours were pathetic, and basically petty name calling. ball busting actually requires some witty humor. Your examples pure vanilla and juvenile. I spent 28 years in a firehouse, and golf 3 times a week, pretty sure I’ve been exposed to real ball busting. You really need to get out and socialize more.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

[QUOTE=El-Gonzo Jackson;760736]
    They won't be wearing a t shirt on their face...lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, surgical masks and surgical gowns used to be cloth. It just became more convenient to use disposable instead of laundering them. I have seen some hospitals in rural sites that still had some cloth caps, masks and shoe covers, which their on site laundry reprocesses. Its basically cloth, just like a shirt, but with a tight weave.

I stand corrected. I'm sure they are much better at the job at hand than what all of us are wearing?

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    no problem, as always the juvenile name calling is, what it is. Reminds me of back when I was 10 and had no better response to someone.

Besides, I'm not afraid of prairie oysters.

Wynkoop Brewery’s Rocky Mountain Oyster Stout Is a Beer With Balls, Literally (a review)

Is Rocky Mountain Oyster Stout — a beer made with bull testicles — worth trying?

https://www.cookingchanneltv.com/dev...ut-beer-review

Id much rather have constructive conversation with occasional humor over name calling. it’s easy when it comes to talking football. Politics and social issues not so much. I’m as guilty as the next, it’s very hard to change one’s opinion or even get them to listen. Although Moujow did change my perspective on Rooney rule. Had it not been in place, would Tomlin have got interview? I don’t know, I believe his take was no. So as much as on the surface I saw it as a form of affirmative action, it may have got one of the most successful black head coaches ever, foot in the door. Hard to bash a rule if that the case.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Id much rather have constructive conversation with occasional humor over name calling. it’s easy when it comes to talking football. Politics and social issues not so much. I’m as guilty as the next, it’s very hard to change one’s opinion or even get them to listen. Although Moujow did change my perspective on Rooney rule. Had it not been in place, would Tomlin have got interview? I don’t know, I believe his take was no. So as much as on the surface I saw it as a form of affirmative action, it may have got one of the most successful black head coaches ever, foot in the door. Hard to bash a rule if that the case.
    Not to be a jerk, but since it's called the Rooney rule, and the guy who hired Tomlin was also the same Rooney that the rule was named after, it's kind of a difficult sell. What is the theory, that Dan Rooney would have fallen victim to his own racial prejudice if not for the rule that he invented himself?

If I recall, Tomlin was not even the first minority candidate they interviewed for the job, so the rule would have been satisfied anyway and they didn't "need" to consider him at all.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

[QUOTE=silver & black;760749]

I stand corrected. I'm sure they are much better at the job at hand than what all of us are wearing?
    My wife got me a pair of Steelers masks that seem to be 2 layers of cloth. Its enough to minimize the amount of breath that I would expel directly forward from my face and the droplets associated.

Sure, just like the surgical picture that I posted, air can definitely escape around the nose and eyes of a medical mask, surgical mask, Steelers mask, etc. Its not perfect, but is eliminates direct breath of not having a mask and in the case of the Dr. doing surgery, they would be breathing directly onto the open surgical site.

Bottom line is that masks have a benefit of reducing airborne droplets in breath, but of course its not 100% reduction.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tom444 View Post
    I can't help it if you're a little chicken-shit. I realize not all of us have courage.

You keep talking about me. I guess I should be flattered that you think about me that much....but I'm not. Stalking and obsessing is just creepy and disgusting.

Seek professional help and stop fantasizing about people who post here like the little bitch that you are.

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Not to be a jerk, but since it's called the Rooney rule, and the guy who hired Tomlin was also the same Rooney that the rule was named after, it's kind of a difficult sell. What is the theory, that Dan Rooney would have fallen victim to his own racial prejudice if not for the rule that he invented himself?

If I recall, Tomlin was not even the first minority candidate they interviewed for the job, so the rule would have been satisfied anyway and they didn't "need" to consider him at all.
    you may be correct, I don’t recall. I certainly didn’t know of Tomlin prior to his hiring so figured there was a chance he benefited from rule. If someone came in due to rule and dazzled which got him the job to me that is a positive attribute to the rule. I’m really not arguing as a pro or con for it, I had always thought the owner pretty much had decided who they wanted prior to interview, and bringing in minority despite of it was a slap in the face to minority interviewing.But the example of Tomlin or any black coach who got interview from rule who wouldn’t have otherwise and blew them away is a positive example of the rule working.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

[QUOTE=Mojouw;760747]

So what you are saying is that actual knowledge makes the world more understandable and less confusing? Liberal extremist.

Interestingly enough, if you follow up the details on any official advisories/guidance/recommendations for "double masking" it is about ensuring proper fit. Nothing to do with layers. It has to do with most masks not fitting properly and if you put a disposable mask under a cloth mask you tend to get a better "seal".

Which if you look at the masks in your original posting are similar. The around the head tie instead of ear loops squashes it against your nose an mouth.

But...this all requires actually reading and thinking rather than just re-posting talking points that someone else on the internet told you about.
    I'm not going to disagree with what you said. I AM going to NOT double mask. We just disagree about the severity of the virus, the shut downs, the number of deaths....... pretty much all of it. I have no problem with you at all. We just have a different outlook on things. I honestly have no problem with anyone here... including Tom. We are all just people... none of us more important or less important than the other.

I'm growing weary of the constant tug and pull between all of us. In the end, God will decide what will be. Some of you will vehemently deride me for saying that..... so be it. I have faith that God will decide how things are to be.

for the record: I do not believe this virus is so serious that it required the shut down of the world/this country and/or the destruction of so many lives and businesses. I do not believe that a cloth mask/s will do one damn thing to prevent anyone from getting/giving the virus. I think Dr. Fauci is an asshole... bought and paid for. I know you feel differently. Cool. I know many people that don't agree with what I just stated. I also know many that do. In the end, it doesn't matter what any of us think. We have no control over any of it.

I don't hate or dislike anyone because they don't have the same outlook as I. I think it's time that everyone take a step back and re-evaluate what they believe...... and why....... and remember, we are all the same... no better and no worse, regardles of our ridiculous political beliefs.

[QUOTE=El-Gonzo Jackson;760765]

My wife got me a pair of Steelers masks that seem to be 2 layers of cloth. Its enough to minimize the amount of breath that I would expel directly forward from my face and the droplets associated.

Sure, just like the surgical picture that I posted, air can definitely escape around the nose and eyes of a medical mask, surgical mask, Steelers mask, etc. Its not perfect, but is eliminates direct breath of not having a mask and in the case of the Dr. doing surgery, they would be breathing directly onto the open surgical site.

Bottom line is that masks have a benefit of reducing airborne droplets in breath, but of course its not 100% reduction.
    I have a "blue lives matter flag" mask. It has another layer inside that can accommodate a filter. I'm guessing that is equivalent to two masks?

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    You keep talking about me. I guess I should be flattered that you think about me that much....but I'm not. Stalking and obsessing is just creepy and disgusting.

Seek professional help and stop fantasizing about people who post here like the little bitch that you are.

I love you baby.

[QUOTE=silver & black;760770]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

I'm not going to disagree with what you said. I AM going to NOT double mask. We just disagree about the severity of the virus, the shut downs, the number of deaths....... pretty much all of it. I have no problem with you at all. We just have a different outlook on things. I honestly have no problem with anyone here... including Tom. We are all just people... none of us more important or less important than the other.

I'm growing weary of the constant tug and pull between all of us. In the end, God will decide what will be. Some of you will vehemently deride me for saying that..... so be it. I have faith that God will decide how things are to be.

for the record: I do not believe this virus is so serious that it required the shut down of the world/this country and/or the destruction of so many lives and businesses. I do not believe that a cloth mask/s will do one damn thing to prevent anyone from getting/giving the virus. I think Dr. Fauci is an asshole... bought and paid for. I know you feel differently. Cool. I know many people that don't agree with what I just stated. I also know many that do. In the end, it doesn't matter what any of us think. We have no control over any of it.

I don't hate or dislike anyone because they don't have the same outlook as I. I think it's time that everyone take a step back and re-evaluate what they believe...... and why....... and remember, we are all the same... no better and no worse, regardles of our ridiculous political beliefs.
    All good. I like you as a poster and empathize with your situation. Covid situation is a tough balance, because I know of people in the restaurant industry that are on the verge of bankruptcy and I know people in healthcare that are watching their patients die in ICU and another that cant get their gastrointestinal surgery done, because it requires a post-op ICU stay and there is no space, so may be living with a colostomy for the rest of his life.

You can believe your opinions of Fauci, I am just curious as to where you get the information to form the opinions. What sources of info. I know of what he says with regards to evidence based medicine and minimizing risk. Its all the similar stuff that you posted from a bourbon chat room from a guy in the pharma research industry. I work in healthcare and it all makes perfect sense.

My deal is that I really dont have strong political beliefs, nor allegiance to any group. I just know my values, truth and evidence. I know the evidence and truth around pandemics and planning for them since SARS and its not about Bill Gates, The Great Reset, George Soros or some liberal conspiracy. But others have their beliefs and I find the insanity incredibly amusing.

If we all mask up, wash hands, get immunized, its the best way to get back to work. ICU nurses may only see a patient die every 2 weeks in the past, now in some cases daily. COVID isnt going away, but we will eventually get to a point where they may see a COVID patient in ICU that dies twice a month.

[QUOTE=silver & black;760771]

I have a "blue lives matter flag" mask. It has another layer inside that can accommodate a filter. I'm guessing that is equivalent to two masks?
    Put it on and see if you can blow out a candle from 6 inches away. If you can, then maybe the material is to porous. It might be made so you can take a piece of coffee filter and put between to act 2 masks. I use class 3 medical mask, or my Steelers masks. I'm just careful not to cough in the direction of others.

Speaking of coffee filter, I took some hickory smoked pork belly and put the drippings and some port in a mason jar, then poured in some Buffalo Trace and let sit for 3 weeks. Then strain off the pork, oil and fat thru a coffee filter in a funnel and I have bacon infused bourbon. Think I'm gonna try it in a bourbon cornbread recipe, the next time I smoke some pork shoulder.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

[QUOTE=silver & black;760770]

I think you may have took my post in the wrong way. I never said anyone should double mask or whatever. I pointed out that the recommendations and calls for double masking are because too many masks fit poorly. If you have too many gaps around your nose and the sides, it can defeat the benefits of wearing a mask. What folks are saying is that either get better fitting masks or double up to ensure a better fit.

Long story short, the double mask stuff isn't really about the porosity of the mask material or the presence of filters. It is about making a better "seal" for containing droplets.

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

I think you may have took my post in the wrong way. I never said anyone should double mask or whatever. I pointed out that the recommendations and calls for double masking are because too many masks fit poorly. If you have too many gaps around your nose and the sides, it can defeat the benefits of wearing a mask. What folks are saying is that either get better fitting masks or double up to ensure a better fit.

Long story short, the double mask stuff isn't really about the porosity of the mask material or the presence of filters. It is about making a better "seal" for containing droplets.
    In concert with Mojouws post.

If you think you want to double mask:

You can buy a mask called the KN95, which is a mask that meets a Chinese standard for particle removal, but there are a lot of fake KN95s out there. So if you're going to buy one, you should check the CDC website to see which brands are authorized. And as for cloth versus surgical mask, you should be wearing both. Marr says you should wear the surgical mask closest to your face because they're made out of non-woven material that's very effective at filtering particles. The downside is a lot of these masks fit loosely, so wear a cloth mask on top of it to get a tighter fit and to add an extra layer of filtration.

.................................................. ...............................

A mask works best if it seals tightly to your face, and that is true regardless of what it's made of. You want to create a tight seal so that air isn't escaping out of the sides, and double-masking can help with that. So can making sure your mask fits properly.
    https://www.npr.org/2021/01/26/96085...ariants-spread

The hospitals workers I know are double masking outside of work.

In concert with Mojouws post.

If you think you want to

https://www.npr.org/2021/01/26/96085...ariants-spread

The hospitals workers I know are double masking outside of work.
    what about workers at your nursing home?

- - - Updated - - -

That’s ball busting francolambert, not just me calling him old and demented. See the difference? subtle humor, opposed to name calling.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

you may be correct, I don’t recall. I certainly didn’t know of Tomlin prior to his hiring so figured there was a chance he benefited from rule. If someone came in due to rule and dazzled which got him the job to me that is a positive attribute to the rule. I’m really not arguing as a pro or con for it, I had always thought the owner pretty much had decided who they wanted prior to interview, and bringing in minority despite of it was a slap in the face to minority interviewing.But the example of Tomlin or any black coach who got interview from rule who wouldn’t have otherwise and blew them away is a positive example of the rule working.
    At least according to one story, it looks like they brought in Ron Rivera first and that would have fulfilled the minority interview requirement, then everyone thought they were going to hire Russ Grimm, but then Tomlin came in last and impressed them so much it changed their minds.

Contrast that with, say, the Jim Harbaugh derby, where the 49ers went in clearly dead-set on hiring a certain guy if they could get him (for good reason IMO). Then to fulfill the Rooney Rule, did a quick interview with one of their own assistants who had no realistic shot at the job, and everyone knew it was a complete joke.

In that case, a, ahem ... certain group ... bitched about it because it was an insult to the minority candidate who was just brought in for appearances. In Tomlin's case, they bitched about it because he got the job by being the best candidate and didn't need the rule - and the rule would give people an excuse to say it was just because he was a minority, taking away from his accomplishment.

The lesson? You can't legislate beliefs and behavior. If someone has the right intentions, they tend to act that way regardless, and a rule is just an extra run-around. If someone has other intentions, they find a way to do what they want anyway while thwarting the rule. Especially in something as subjective as hiring head coaches.

The other lesson is that you should never try to appease liberals - they will be unhappy no matter what, and it just encourages them, so you shouldn't give them an inch.

In any case, no matter how good the intentions were, I can never support a league policy that is, by definition, racist.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

You must be related to pczach.

I love you baby.

Dude was an asshole. Dude crossed the line. Dude started coming after people that made no sense to come after. And I am not trying to call any one person out here....BUT....
    ....But I think it is hilarious that all you tough talking rugged MAGA individualists who only have respect for the grittiest of self-made folks needed to carve out your safe space!

It is almost like every-time you saw him post you got "triggered" and "suffered Tom444 Derangement Syndrome". I also think it is holding my sides laughing funny that each of you that put him on ignore, then commented on every post he made that you "ignored". I don't think that word means what you think it means....

Seriously...like ban whoever you like. It is the internet. I don't care. But if you all can not step back and at least get a darkly humorous chuckle out of all this....you take yourselves far too seriously!

Dude was an asshole. Dude crossed the line. Dude started coming after people that made no sense to come after. And I am not trying to call any one person out here....BUT....
    ....But I think it is hilarious that all you tough talking rugged MAGA individualists who only have respect for the grittiest of self-made folks needed to carve out your safe space!

It is almost like every-time you saw him post you got "triggered" and "suffered Tom444 Derangement Syndrome". I also think it is holding my sides laughing funny that each of you that put him on ignore, then commented on every post he made that you "ignored". I don't think that word means what you think it means....

Seriously...like ban whoever you like. It is the internet. I don't care. But if you all can not step back and at least get a darkly humorous chuckle out of all this....you take yourselves far too seriously!
    I don't recall ever saying Tom should be banned. For one, that isn't my call... I'm not a Mod. For another, I don't care what he says to me or calls me. Tom and I definitely don't agree politically, but I honestly don't think he should be banned for stating is opinions or posting animal pics. I've said some shitty things to him over the months... and he has reciprocated. No harm, no foul. Tom and I have had a couple message exchanges. I think we know where we stand.... and it might surprise many on here that I think Tom and I could sit down and get drunk together and have a good time...lol. I guess I just don't take this political crap all that serious on a message board. I'm on a couple of political sites that make the dialogue in this place seem tame!

In ending... I don't hate anyone on here. I don't think anyone should be banned for stating their opinions or posting pics and cartoons/memes that support their opinions, or just bust balls. The way I see it... no one forces anyone to come this forum. No one forces anyone to post in this forum. Take that how you may.

ps... usually, if I'm being shittier than normal, I'm drinking more than I need/should while posting.

Quit saying "safe space," you're making yourself look like an idiot.

The guy was just a jerk at all times everywhere, and did nothing but junk up the message board. Nobody liked him, so they finally told him to take a hike, the end. You're the one trying to make it into some political happening and say I-told-you-so, but you're falling on your face.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Nothing political about saying that most of the posters that inhabit the Soapbox section are thin skinned emotional easily upset soft serve ice cream cones that need a safe space that is insulated from those that disagree with them.

That's just saying a lot of grown folks are easily upset by nonsense on the internet. Which I find absolutely hilarious!'

Plus every time I post "safe space" at least one of you bad-asses freaks the hell out. Which...again...phenomenally funny.

Y'all might as well post a "No Gurlz Allowed" sign and then try and figure out what boobs look like.

Nothing political about saying that most of the posters that inhabit the Soapbox section are thin skinned emotional easily upset soft serve ice cream cones that need a safe space that is insulated from those that disagree with them.

That's just saying a lot of grown folks are easily upset by nonsense on the internet. Which I find absolutely hilarious!'

Plus every time I post "safe space" at least one of you bad-asses freaks the hell out. Which...again...phenomenally funny.

Y'all might as well post a "No Gurlz Allowed" sign and then try and figure out what boobs look like.
    Yeah, ok, whatever you say, buddy. Just keep on telling yourself that. We're all thin-skinned because we were tired of someone who intentionally went out of his way to be a royal douche.

Is this like how we disagree with stupid leftist ideas because we're "afraid," not because we're going "what the fuck is this retarded crap, someone please tell me he's joking." Boy, we've sure all got a lot of emotional and psychological problems that only you can see. You've outfoxed us once again.

You and your other 101 IQ friend sure do spend a lot of time telling us how hilarious you find everything, though. I mean, you'd have to have about the dumbest sense of humor in the world for that, but you do you, I guess.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Sorry but TDStrollboy being banned is not about politics and people didn't want him banned for his political beliefs. It was all about being a Cheaters troll who violated rules and was overall hostile to anyone who expressed a differing preference than him on anything. It isn't just conservatives, people who stay away from the political discussion threads and liberals who politically agreed with him were glad to finally see him gone. People who posted about how they weren't going to donate to the forum until he was banned were largely people who mostly stayed away from the Soapbox. So using this as an excuse to say "conservatives are thin-skinned" doesn't really fit well here.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

I got the vaccine yesterday, get my 2nd shot in 3 weeks. Pretty much like the flu shot, arm hurts for a little bit but nothing beyond that.