Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Week14 Very Important Games

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Week14 Very Important Games

Games with serious AFC playoffs implications: Only 4 weeks remaining

AFC East: Bills 9-3 vs Steelers 11-1
    Dolphins 8-4 vs Chiefs 11-1
    Patriots 6-6 vs Rams 8-4

AFC North: Steelers 11-1 vs Bills 9-3
    Browns 9-3 vs Ravens 7-5

AFC West: Chiefs 11-1 vs Dolphins 8-4
    Raiders 7-5 vs Colts 8-4

AFC South: Titans 8-4 vs Jags 1-11
    Colts 8-4 vs Raiders 7-5

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: Week14 Very Important Games

I think the Dolphins have a chance against the Chefs.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I didn’t, so far good prediction. Bye week even more important with Bens knee.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

It’s all a waste. The Chiefs are just too explosive.

Sorry for the negativity, but it’s true...they’re not losing another game in 2020-21.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Punt return for a TD and the Chiefs lead 28-10 after trailing 10-0.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

No lead is safe against the chiefs, they just have too many weapons and too many ways to hurt you. The only way to beat them is to score enough points and keep the ball away from Mahomes in the last 2 minutes

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Well the Dolphins jumped out to a 10-0 lead, then KC just hangs 30 points on them like child's play. They are clearly the best team in this league and the only ones beating them are themselves.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    Well the Dolphins jumped out to a 10-0 lead, then KC just hangs 30 points on them like child's play. They are clearly the best team in this league and the only ones beating them are themselves.
    Its so disappointing that Bush and Bud are gone for year, Buds case maybe forever. I don’t see holding them under 35 points. That is if we get to face them.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    No lead is safe against the chiefs, they just have too many weapons and too many ways to hurt you. The only way to beat them is to score enough points and keep the ball away from Mahomes in the last 2 minutes
    Yes they seem explosive, weapons? They have Mahoney, kelce and hill. Rest of them are just average. Double the top two, pressure Mahoney. Fuck idk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    Yes they seem explosive, weapons? They have Mahoney, kelce and hill. Rest of them are just average. Double the top two, pressure Mahoney. Fuck idk

They got a good RB too. Kelce and Hill are both #1 at their position, or at the very least upper echelon, you can't really double cover them both, unless you're only sending 3, and 1on1 is a mismatch. By doing that you give Mahomes forever to throw, and he'll beat you if he can extend the play. He's better at it than Ben was in his prime.

Only way to beat the Chiefs is to keep their offense off the field, give them enough chances and they will beat you. They are beatable since their D isn't that great, but it's still a tall order. Despite their D they probably still overall are the best team in the league.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Dolphins come back and KC just puts the dagger in. It's amazing what happens when you throw to your #1 WR on 4th and 1 instead of your 3rd string RB.

Chiefs win.

God the NFL is in love with the Chiefs.

On NFL Network: "BREAKING NEWS: Chiefs claim #1 seed with win over Dolphins."

Can they at least let us play our game?

Dolphins come back and KC just puts the dagger in. It's amazing what happens when you throw to your #1 WR on 4th and 1 instead of your 3rd string RB.
    or backup OL

- - - Updated - - -

Team that has the best QB is usually the media darling. And that's what KC is.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

MaHomes is my new Brady, I'm so done with the media blow jobs.

Ya know somehow all of his passes go to wide open players. Its magic

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Jalen hurts looking like Lamar but better passer. Its only one half but happy for the kid.

You know what I miss, ... a nice Ike Taylor that could make any teams best receiver disappear

Merry Christmas

You know what I miss, ... a nice Ike Taylor that could make any teams best receiver disappear

I don’t miss the part where Im yelling at tv for Ike dropping easy pic though.

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    I don’t miss the part where Im yelling at tv for Ike dropping easy pic though.
    Man could cover anyone shut them down, hands of stone

Merry Christmas

The Eagles are show casing Jalen Hurts. Since they own Wentz trillions of dollars he's an interesting player to consider should Ben hang them up.

The Eagles are show casing Jalen Hurts. Since they own Wentz trillions of dollars he's an interesting player to consider should Ben hang them up.
    He looked good, didn’t throw down field a lot but until forced to doesn’t need to.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Derek Carr sucks.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Eagles tried extremely hard to blow a game they had won, but they end up winning

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

He looked good, didn’t throw down field a lot but until forced to doesn’t need to.

It's amazing how good a quarterback can look throwing for less than 200 yards when you can hand it to a running back that gains over 100 yards and breaks a long TD run, and wide receivers are making catches, breaking tackles, and getting first downs and touchdowns. Hurts running for about 100 yards himself is great, but it puts your quarterback at great risk to do that consistently.

Steelers fans should be paying attention to what they are seeing from other teams in other games.

I'm happy for Hurts, but where was this offense and play calling when Wentz was there? Where were the other players on the field making plays to help their QB? Miles Sanders never got handed the ball to help take pressure off of Wentz. The damn coach must have forgotten that he could actually hand the ball to the RB.

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    It's amazing how good a quarterback can look throwing for less than 200 yards when you can hand it to a running back that gains over 100 yards and breaks a long TD run, and wide receivers are making catches, breaking tackles, and getting first downs and touchdowns. Hurts running for about 100 yards himself is great, but it puts your quarterback at great risk to do that consistently.

Steelers fans should be paying attention to what they are seeing from other teams in other games.

I'm happy for Hurts, but where was this offense and play calling when Wentz was there? Where were the other players on the field making plays to help their QB? Miles Sanders never got handed the ball to help take pressure off of Wentz. The damn coach must have forgotten that he could actually hand the ball to the RB.
    It did create the spark with other guys which was Pederson strategy. Im not saying Hurts is answer or better than Wentz. But Hurts played like a veteran. I missed 4th quarter but didn’t see him sacked and he threw ball away when there was nothing. Wentz is awful at doing that. I also like the way he runs, he’s obviously not as fast as lamar but smooth and more solid frame. Good touch on swing passes, which sounds basic for NFL qb but hitting guys in stride on short throws means more yards. Hard guy not to root for as ling as he stays out of division and NE.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

It did create the spark with other guys which was Pederson strategy. Im not saying Hurts is answer or better than Wentz. But Hurts played like a veteran. I missed 4th quarter but didn’t see him sacked and he threw ball away when there was nothing. Wentz is awful at doing that. I also like the way he runs, he’s obviously not as fast as lamar but smooth and more solid frame. Good touch on swing passes, which sounds basic for NFL qb but hitting guys in stride on short throws means more yards. Hard guy not to root for as ling as he stays out of division and NE.

I agree, he did provide a spark. My point is that what if Hurts' WR's dropped 7 of his completions? What if his coach did to him what he was doing to Wentz with no running game and making him do straight drop backs with an OL that allows free rushers as a rule this year?

That's what I was driving at. I think Hurts did great. He was supported by good play by his teammates and a well-crafted game plan to play to his advantages by his coach....something that his coach didn't do for Wentz.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Man could cover anyone shut them down, hands of stone

Well......if he could catch......he’d be a receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    Derek Carr sucks.
    I’d trade Ben for him at this point

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    I’d trade Ben for him at this point
    Deal!

So the Browns are losing 34-20 in the 4th quarter.

If the Ravens hold on and win that sets us up to clinch the division with a win Sunday in Cincy regardless of how the Browns finish and even if they beat us in the last game.

If we win Sunday we have 12 wins, the most the Browns could get would also be 12 wins but Cleveland would have 2-3 record against division opponents. We would be 5-0 in the division (assuming we win this Sunday) heading into that last game so even a Browns win would mean we are 1-1 head to head (first tie breaker) and 5-1 in the division (the next tie breaker).

So we need to Ravens to hold this lead.

All that said ... it just guarantees we lose are playoff game at home!