Thread: Week 13

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Week 13

Wow, the Browns are crushing the Titans thus far, not the other way around

- - - Updated - - -

Bengals and Jags leading early on the road as well

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Week 13

Not pretty for the Titans. Took Henry right out of the game...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Well, Titans decided not to help the Steelers today

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Down 20 qtr and a half to play. Titans could pull it out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Titans tanked that one...ugh...

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Titans tanked that one...ugh...
    Gotta get a big lead or Henry will beat you up all day. With bush and now Dupree it'll be hard road if we meet a really good running team

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    Gotta get a big lead or Henry will beat you up all day. With bush and now Dupree it'll be hard road if we meet a really good running team

Football Team and Browns are both pretty good running teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Football Team and Browns are both pretty good running teams.
    Be a solid test. Kareem beat yo ass hunt looked really good today

Merry Christmas

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Tremendous special teams play by the Patriots the entire game.

G-Men upset Bitch Pigeons with Colt McCoy. All of a sudden, a 1-7 team turned to 5-7

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    G-Men upset Bitch Pigeons with Colt McCoy. All of a sudden, a 1-7 team turned to 5-7

The Steelers win over them is looking better by the week. They played well against the Steelers, and they have continued to get better and play consistent football since.

Love to see bitch pigeons lose

Merry Christmas

How do they do it? Announcers gush over MaHomes. I get it but have you seen him throw it through the eye of the needle? Has he even considering tossing it to someone covered ? Seems like every pass he completes is to a wide open receiver. How is that possible? I just actually don't know if he is a good QB or just runs some fantasy offense that has people wide open all the time

Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tom444 View Post
    Tremendous special teams play by the Patriots the entire game.
    Tell someone who gives a shit!

Anyone ever seen MaHomes really get his clock cleaned, I mean how lucky is this guy?

Merry Christmas

Week 13

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    Anyone ever seen MaHomes really get his clock cleaned, I mean how lucky is this guy?

No. He stays pretty clean,

I just don't understand how hill and kelce are always wide open. I mean ben could hit these guys in his sleep with two defenders hanging in him

Merry Christmas

I mean wide open every damn time.

Merry Christmas

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    Tell someone who gives a shit!
    Just for you:

Who Helped Patriots Most In 45-0 Week 13 Shellacking Of Chargers?

The Patriots dominated the Chargers in all three phases

by Doug Kyed

Well, that was decisive.

The New England Patriots destroyed the Los Angeles Chargers in a complete 45-0 Week 13 shutout win.

Here’s who did the most damage on the Patriots’ roster as New England improved to 6-6:

QB CAM NEWTON

We’ll start with Newton who wasn’t fantastic as a passer (12-of-19, 69 yards, touchdown) but did run the ball 14 times for 48 yards with two rushing touchdowns.

PR GUNNER OLSZEWSKI

Olszewski has been the Patriots’ most explosive ball-carrier over the last two weeks. Three of his last five punt returns have gone for 53 yards, a 70-yard touchdown and 61 yards.

Olszewski had the 70-yard punt return score and the 61-yarder Sunday against the Chargers. He also added a 38-yard touchdown catch from backup quarterback Jarrett Stidham and made a special teams assisted tackle.

S CODY DAVIS/S DEVIN MCCOURTY

More special-teams standouts here. Davis blocked a 58-yard field goal attempt by Michael Badgley, and McCourty scooped it up for a 44-yard touchdown return.

Patriots cornerback Justin Bethel also was strong on special teams, and punter Jake Bailey pinned 3-of-4 punts inside the 20-yard line.

OLB CHASE WINOVICH

Winovich registered his first career interception on a head’s up play in coverage. He also hit Chargers quarterback Justin Herbert twice.

Patriots defensive tackles Adam Butler and Lawrence Guy and defensive end Deatrich Wise also had sacks. Rookie linebackers Josh Uche (two) and Anfernee Jennings and defensive tackle Byron Cowart also recorded QB hits.

RB DAMIEN HARRIS

Harris carried the load with 16 carries for 80 yards. Sony Michel also rushed 10 times for 35 yards mostly in garbage time.

CB JC JACKSON

Jackson intercepted his seventh pass of the season. He let up three catches on five targets for 30 yards with the pick.

Here are the rest of the Patriots’ coverage stats:

CB Jason McCourty: 3-4, 47 yards, PBU
    CB JC Jackson: 3-5, 30 yards, INT
    FS Devin McCourty: 3-3, 30 yards
    CB Stephon Gilmore: 2-6, 27 yards, PBU
    S Kyle Dugger: 2-4, 18 yards
    LB Ja’Whaun Bentley: 3-3, 9 yards
    LB Anfernee Jennings: 2-2, 11 yards
    DB Joejuan Williams: 1-3, 7 yards
    S Adrian Phillips: 2-7, 3 yards
    LB Terez Hall: 3-6, 10 yards, two PBUs
    CB Jonathan Jones: 0-2
    OLB John Simon: 0-1
    DB Myles Bryant: 0-2
    OLB Chase Winovich: 0-1, INT
    DT Adam Butler: PBU

Hall was fantastic covering near the line of scrimmage. Gilmore also did well in a tough matchup against Chargers wide receiver Keenan Allen.

Thumbnail photo via Kirby Lee/USA TODAY Sports Images
    https://nesn.com/2020/12/who-helped-...g-of-chargers/

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Remember when people thought Anthony Lynn was a good coach? That didn't last long. I just read that the Chargers failed to get the correct # of players on the field for 3/5 punts by the Patriots. This is after Lynn fired the ST coordinator and assumed a bit of the duties himself (I believe...don't follow the Chargers). I hate to say it, but unless they want to break Herbert they need to make a change.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

I wonder if Jets ownership told Gregg Williams to call that defense, or gave him direction during the game to tank for Trevor if needed??

I mean, there is no way in that situation that you call Blitz 7, Cover Zero Man, with a LB in to "spy" on Derek Carr. No High School DC in America would ever make that call in that situation.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    I wonder if Jets ownership told Gregg Williams to call that defense, or gave him direction during the game to tank for Trevor if needed??

I mean, there is no way in that situation that you call Blitz 7, Cover Zero Man, with a LB in to "spy" on Derek Carr. No High School DC in America would ever make that call in that situation.
    https://www.rotoworld.com/football/n...gregg-williams

I guess Jets ownership agrees with you? Or they got pissed off that the tank got so obvious!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Gregg Williams had a shot to be the DC of his second 0-16 team (2017 Browns)

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Gregg Williams had a shot to be the DC of his second 0-16 team (2017 Browns)
    It could still be a great trivia question . Who was the defensive coordinator for two different teams that never won a football game?

Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    https://www.rotoworld.com/football/n...gregg-williams

I guess Jets ownership agrees with you? Or they got pissed off that the tank got so obvious!
    Well, they did the right thing from a performance standpoint. He was gonna be on the outs at the end of the season when they fire Gase, but a call like that is reputation damaging. Either he made the dumbest defensive call in the history of NFL football, or is taking the fall and Woody Johnson is gonna take care of him for preserving the #1 draft position.

I was watching the highlights last night and immediately had to rewind that highlight because I was in disbelief that somebody played Cover-0, on 3rd and 10, up by far, that far away from the end zone.

Thanks for the info.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Well, they did the right thing from a performance standpoint. He was gonna be on the outs at the end of the season when they fire Gase, but a call like that is reputation damaging. Either he made the dumbest defensive call in the history of NFL football, or is taking the fall and Woody Johnson is gonna take care of him for preserving the #1 draft position.

I was watching the highlights last night and immediately had to rewind that highlight because I was in disbelief that somebody played Cover-0, on 3rd and 10, up by far, that far away from the end zone.

Thanks for the info.

Yep.....Cover-0!

I was at a restaurant watching all the games on the tv's. I saw that happen in real time and lost my mind. I was incredulous and explaining to my wife that it was the dumbest defensive call in history, or it was intentional to preserve the first pick of the draft. People were looking at me as I was carrying on about it.....and I didn't have a dog in the fight. From a football perspective, it was embarrassing just to watch it.

They had receivers get behind the defense TWICE in the last 15 seconds of the game on consecutive plays. I've never seen anything quite like it.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Pretty jealous watching these teams run tonight. 3rd and 3 dallas fakes jet sweep pollard gets 3. Dalton gets a couple with sneak. Hopefully Randy watching.

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Yep.....Cover-0!

I was at a restaurant watching all the games on the tv's. I saw that happen in real time and lost my mind. I was incredulous and explaining to my wife that it was the dumbest defensive call in history, or it was intentional to preserve the first pick of the draft. People were looking at me as I was carrying on about it.....and I didn't have a dog in the fight. From a football perspective, it was embarrassing just to watch it.

They had receivers get behind the defense TWICE in the last 15 seconds of the game on consecutive plays. I've never seen anything quite like it.
    My son's DC in Highschool was a guy that ran a lot of Cover-0. He almost got caught at the end of the first half with a halfback option pass, with 10 seconds left, but the throw was bad. On the next play with 3 seconds left he went to Cover 2.

Williams wouldnt make an adjustment that is Highschool JV level learning. SMH.