Thread: Week 12: For Whom to Root

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Week 12: For Whom to Root

For those of us who have time to watch other games, here are the teams for whom you should probably be rooting (because, these wins/losses will help the Steelers).

Titans @ Colts: The Colts are like Hansel (“So hot right now”). For playoff seeding... Go Titans.

Browns @ Jaguars: Duh... GO JAGS!!!

Chargers @ Bills: Again, for playoff seeding... Go Chargers.

Cardinals @ Taperiots: Duh... GO CARDS!!!

Dolphins @ Jets: For some reason, Brian Flores is getting the admiration (rightfully so; he has an 8-8 team playing like a division champ) that Tomlin never got last season (keeping a quarterback-less team at .500). Anyway, I love the Brian Flores story, but for playoff seeding... GO JETS!!!

Da Raidahs @ Falcons: Once again, for playoff seeding... Go Falcons!!!

Chiefs @ Buccaneers: Yuck... Go Buccaneers!!!

Saints @ Broncos: It doesn’t matter... it will be interesting to watch a RB (Saints) and a WR (Broncos) play the QB position in the same game.

Enjoy!!!

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Week 12: Fir Whom to Root

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    For those of us who have time to watch other games, here are the teams for whom you should probably be rooting (because, these wins/losses will help the Steelers).

Titans @ Colts: The Colts are like Hansel (“So hot right now”). For playoff seeding... Go Titans.

Dolphins @ Jets: For some reason, Brian Flores is getting the admiration (rightfully so; he has an 8-8 team playing like a division champ) that Tomlin never got last season (keeping a quarterback-less team at .500). Anyway, I love the Brian Flores story, but for playoff seeding... GO JETS!!!

Saints @ Broncos: It doesn’t matter... it will be interesting to watch a RB (Saints) and a WR (Broncos) play the QB position in the same game.

Enjoy!!!
    Man am I having a hard time even thinking about cheering for TB. I can’t stand Brady or Arians.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: Week 12: For Whom to Root

After the way Vrabel handled Harbaugh's whining prior to their game it's going to be tough to root against him for now. Playoffs are a different story of course. I ALWAYS root against the other teams in our division. Go! any NFC team playing an AFC team.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Man am I having a hard time even thinking about cheering for TB. I can’t stand Brady or Arians.
    I know, right. I haven’t felt this dirty since I rooted for the Taperiots to beat the Ravens.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

I know, right. I haven’t felt this dirty since I rooted for the Taperiots to beat the Ravens.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    I cheer for Evans and Godwin...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I cheer for Evans and Godwin...lol.
    I can almost choke that down!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Close...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

first time since Ryan Leaf in 1998 that a QB threw more interceptions than completions.

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    first time since Ryan Leaf in 1998 that a QB threw more interceptions than completions.
    KNOCK IT OFF!!!

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    In that game in 1998,Leaf had more turnovers(5) that passing yards(4)!

Senior Member Array title="Squeegee Thompson has a brilliant future"> Squeegee Thompson's Avatar

Enjoy!!!
    Well, that just about completely backfired across-the-board ...

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegee Thompson View Post
    Some of them really didn’t matter much, but I can’t believe how close the Jags actually got to beating the Browns. That would have been nice

I had no faith in the Bucs, but that turned almost exciting towards the end.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    Some of them really didn’t matter much, but I can’t believe how close the Jags actually got to beating the Browns. That would have been nice

I had no faith in the Bucs, but that turned almost exciting towards the end.
    If that asshole Brady wouldn’t have thrown 2 INTs they could have won. But who are we kidding, Brady is a master at the sink and dunk and good ‘ol Brucyboy is all about the deep ball. When Brady got into a rhythm on the short crossing routes, they got back into the game. If they changed their offense around Brady’s strengths, with Gronk and AB and Evans they would be much better.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

I'm rooting for a Steelers game actually happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegee Thompson View Post
    Sometimes you get the bear, and sometimes the bear teases you with losses by 2 or 3 points.